Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    A lovely cool fall day here. I am hoping for a successful day of chores and time in the dungeon for a couple weird sewing projects. I have a couple of shirts that fit comfy, no wear but I have spotted them with paint. I am now attaching an embroidery decoration so that I don’t look like such a mess. I always think I can do things involving paint, glue, bleach, etc and not get it on me……WRONG!

As you know, I am sort of hapless when it comes to computers etc. but honestly, it is almost impossible for me to figure out what is going on with mfp. Nothing seems the same and it is often just by chance that I get in and get to read your posts. I guess I need a college class on how to navigate the internet and use my iPad. Although! I never have a problem with any other site….

I have naturally twisted my hip and ankle when almost falling. Didn’t fall but did a weird oooooopsie and crenked my hip and ankle. And dear John said, “Well, Mrs. Wubben! Get over it because on Sunday you are hobbling to Walgreens for your shots!” He sounds pretty tough but he isn’t. He will try to push and shove me using all his skinny little strength. If I fell on him I would squash him like a bug!

Sandy: what a jolly group. Looks like you are all having fun. We like to play poker. I never learned that Texas gambling game that was so popular a few years ago. We use poker chips and at the end the winner gets some funny prize we buy for the evening. Oh my! Charlie is a little beauty!

She looks like she loves to dance. Maybe ballet and tap dance lessons would be fun for her. I had some ballet (even in rough and tough Texas had a dance teacher) I loved it but I was and still am, on -beyond -clumsy.

Barbie: Bernie was a beautiful cat. He was quite special. I remember a photo of him on your bed curled next to your big poodle (Sasha?). It was so sweet. Good memories and he will always be missed and loved and never forgotten!

Hello to everyone! Lin, Jackie, Anne, Diane and all sneakers. The weekend is almost here.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,046 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hello everyone. The other day at about this time it was 96 degrees. Today it is 66 degrees. Much more comfortable.

Barbie, thanks for posting photos of darling Bernie. ❤️❤️

Sandy, wonderful photos. Your family does have such fun playing games! Did Babe take the picture? Charlie is absolutely beautiful. ❤️❤️

Patsy, oh darn, such pain can come from a twisting injury. I hope it feels much better by Sunday—shot day. I had an okay pair of slacks and really paid no attention when doing some chores and oh my gosh, I splashed a bit of bleach on them. Argh. Ate the color away. I tried to fill in the spot with a permanent marker but that didn’t last long. Permanent, right. Bleach is mightier than the marker.

Hello Anne, Jackie, and Diane and any other Sneakers stopping by.

Be safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

75hn0d1g0j1l.jpeg

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,664 Member
    rvpquwa456wo.jpeg

Here we are strolling along Emperor Hadrians wall although we didn’t go far! We’ve enjoyed our time here but think we’ve seen enough castles to see us through the rest of our lives! This afternoon we found a cute smoke house and spent a small fortune on kippers to take home and enjoy for breakfast next week. That’s it really, another long drive but we hope we can take a scenic route.

Jackie 🥰
  • JillyBurg7
    JillyBurg7 Posts: 473 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hello everyone. Loved all the photos.
    I had trouble getting in again but think I've made it!

Things are all go here as the Ms try to get the deck finished before the bad weather sets in. Its going to be really nice, in fact by the time they finish I should be living in a very small but very nice house.

It was only 41 degrees outside when Jilly and I got up, but Mark took out the air conditioner yesterday
    and what a difference, with no furnace heat switched on, the house was 71 degrees inside overnight. Actually the drop in temperature was quite a shock. On Wednesday it was humid and hot in the high eighties but down to 60 on Thursday and looks like it will continue that way with the hurricane looming on the east coast.

Loads to do today, so lets see if I am still with you all,
    Anne.

Wonders. I am still with you!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,002 Member
    Happy Friday! :) Busy, busy, busy. Love having the kids here but mornings are hectic but wonderful.
    We went to dinner last night and played more games. Today they are again going to hospital because their father will be transferred to a new rehab location. They are going to his trailer to see what is what with his stuff and if he doesn't come back how much they have to deal with. They will also take their dad's roommate out for lunch as he has been a saint in helping with the cat and other things.
    Tonight Lisa and they boys are coming for tacos so it will be another hectic night.
    Babe bought me a new desktop computer and my son is in he middle of setting things up. I am on it now and it is so quiet compared to my over ten year old computer. But with Windows 11 things are different to my old Windows 10. I am sure I will love it once I get used to it.

Doing laundry while they are gone and ordered the groceries for delivery for the tacos. My daughter is paying and making the dinner tonight as Laurie did Wednesday. Love that idea. lol

Have a good day and keep staying safe. I would post a picture but I can't find them on this new computer.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    Hello dears! We have a cloudy day and still fairly mild. Not sure what will come out of these clouds rain? Maybe?

The day is speeding by and I am trying to cross off a few things from my to-do list. Rather poor showing thus far!

This is cauliflower pizza night. However our daughter can’t come because her dog is I’ll, recovering from an ear operation. Good grief! Meds and vet visits are far more expensive than for people. I know we have insurance and Medicare. But still…..

I am still doing my little creative things in the dungeon. It is important to me and if not now…when? The answer is….it must be now!!!!!!! Worked a bit on the children's story that Anne and I are collaborating on. Ordered my iron on decals for my shirts. Trying to figure out how to make an iPod of favorite music. That is susposed to be very easy. Ah-hemmmmmmm. Excuse me! Then why can’t I get it work?

I see everyone is busy and life is full of things going on and choices to make. My heart goes out to Barbie and Jake. Thinking of you both.

Hello dear sneakers….all of you!
    Patsy☘️

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I got my new glasses yesterday. They do nothing for the shadow at the top in my left eye but everything else is clear. The shadow won't go away but also shouldn't get worse. I feel grateful since I have been the driver for my friend who goes for macular degeneration treatments that she describes as injections of jalapeno juice.

:'( It is very quiet here without Bernie 😿😢

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    edited September 2022
    Good evening, it seems I have been scurrying about trying to get some things accomplished and oh my, not so much was finished today. I got my Rx ordered and I was supposed to pick up my refill this afternoon but I never received a text saying it was ready. Maybe tomorrow?

It was a cold and wet day and I made a trip to the library this morning but never got back out to get my mail. I hope I didn’t receive anything that was not waterproof! 😄

Barbie, sorry the house is so quiet without Bernie. You and Jake have each other and maybe some day you may want to add another pet to your household. Maybe.

Sandy, wow, a new computer! Wahoo! Nice to have family to set it up. Do you and Babe have to take turns using the computer? Hope you are having a fun evening. Happy no-cooking supper for you!

Patsy, it is rewarding to play with projects and materials. Even when you don’t feel you’ve accomplished much in a day.

Anne, wow, I hope we get to see a photo of your new deck/steps when it is finished. Your son is quite skilled at construction. I am in awe.

Jackie, lovely photo! I hope you do find a scenic route home.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

wx33z3bbbrlq.jpeg

• barbiecat
    :)Lin, No new pets any time soon. Bessie needs the time to be the "only" and get all the attention.

:)Sandy, new computer, wow. After the steep learning curve you will be delighted.

:)Patsy, projects with the computer (and the ipod) are always frustrating....good luck

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,002 Member
    edited September 2022
    Happy Saturday! :) Busy days with lots fun. They are at rehab center now visiting their dad and when they come home we will be going to see kiddos. They were here yesterday which made for a very hectic time but still enjoyable. Babe will be staying home as this is all to much activity for him besides his granddaughter is going to Homecoming dance and might want to come here to take a picture with him.
    I am sure there will be more games tonight which is what my family likes to do.

Have a great day and once they leave I will post more.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Hello Sneakers -

Finally, off to pick up my Rx. Just received a text that is ready for pickup. A tiny bit later than Friday at 4pm. 😉

Barbie, I didn’t think you would quickly add to the household but I might have been wrong. Many people opt for a new household member quite quickly. Enjoy the weekend.

Hi Anne, Jackie, Patsy, Sandy, Diane and all Sneakers.

Hope all is well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

nyr43boc8sd2.jpeg
  • JillyBurg7
    Hello everyone. We have a FROST warning tonight. Mark is working hard to get as much of the deck done as possible today because we are also predicted heavy rain tomorrow. I am so impressed with my youngest son. He was a chartered accountant until his back injury put paid to that. Despite still under physio he is a gifted carpenter. The deck he is building is a vast improvement on the old one which came with the house and looks a hundred times better and sturdier. And he and MJ have just arrived here again after having lunch. I am off to do a bit more weeding so hopefully I will be back tomorrow.
    Anne.
  • JillyBurg7
    Whilst I was out gardening, our old neighbour Joe turned up. The new folks are having issues buying the house and can't move in until 10th October, IF the house is even sold.
    Loads of people in black at Marias house on the other side which makes me wonder if Tony has died.
    The good news, Derek my grandson is here helping his mom and dad Mark and MJ by banging nails into the planks.
    Jilly Bean is supervising and barking at passing dogs.
    All go!
    Anne.
  • JillyBurg7
    And a third thing just happened. My old friend Flo phoned me all upset. Her son turned up at her place this morning and announced "No arguments, I've placed you in a home and you go on Monday". He has power of attorney. Her son and daughter were there clearing all her things out of her home as she talked to me. Apparently her daughter and son have been arguing for some time because the daughter didn't want her mom in a home.

I'm so lucky, here's my family making life easier for me with all these renovations, hand rails. shallower stairs etc. Plus I've got my little girl Bean with me and I love Jilly Bean so much. I better go on a fitness campaign! although I can't see Mark and Michael shoving me off so easily.

Anne. All my living friends are now in homes!
  • jacAth3
    I’m home again! Yesterday’s journey from our holiday cottage to Pats home was long but as hard as we tried to avoid motorways and make it a leisurely one, we found we had no choice. The far end of Hadrians Wall was on our route then a few miles further south, the Angel of the North.

cwsy2n6b4jos.jpeg
    We stopped for lunch just outside Wetherby, Anne’s country, where I enjoyed a Kentucky fried chicken meal for the first time in over 30 years! We made a point of getting this photo for Anne!
    ubnb0r8eimwx.jpeg

Today I drove the final 150 miles from Pat’s home to mine, collecting some groceries and of course George and Betty. It took a while to unload my car and unpack but all done so tomorrow we can get back into our routine. Apparently George didn’t eat for the first few days with Debbie and Mike. It he has been making up for it tonight!

Time for my bed. I think I’ll sleep well tonight.
    Jackie 😴
  • jwubben6600
    There is something crazy going on with my sense of time. The weather seems out of whack but it is really me that’s out of whack. It is quite warm today and I have to remind myself that it is really autumn. Not late summer.

John is going on new meds for his arrhythmia. It is hard for John to even own up to getting old, much less having physical issues! But he is adjusting in his own way. That’s good.

Our daughter, Andrea is looking forward to these weekly pizza dates with us. Should be fun. She and I will doubtless be doing girl things while the pizza cooks.

Tomorrow is our shot day. Our pharmacist says to plan on a low key couple of days. I may stay in my pjs with my quilt near by. Ginger ale in the fridge and canned chicken soup. Does it sound like a silly way to veg out?

Anne: I would also be very impressed with your sons and grandson. What a great family! I think they are all crazy in love their mom and grandmother. They want you happy and safe. As we all do, actually. Isn’t it just a heart breaker about you friend Flo? I think her family is concerned for her. Leaving your home and independence is horribly hurtful. It might be for the best, but what a devastating drama.

Jackie: welcome home! Sounds like your little soldier missed you terribly. I’ll bet little Betty missed you as well. These extraordinary animals have a huge capacity for love and insecurity. I see how dear Katie reacts when only taken for a few minutes into the vets office. It takes hours to calm her. Down. The chicks survived okay?

Lin: I loved the blue teaparty.

Barbie: Bessie will need your full attention now. Thinking of you all.

Doing my exercises, making salmon for dinner, it is quite muggy today. Feels like I am wading in wet warm mud! Yuck!
    Patsy☘️

• barbiecat
    :)Patsy, The day after we got the shots for flu and Covid, Jake spent the day in bed and ate only Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.

:) Our big adventure today was going to the library to get a new book that was on hold (one copy for each of us), It's the new book by Richard Osmond call "The Bullet That Missed". It's the third in the series about a group of amateur sleuths that call themselves The Thursday Murder Club. They are all over 70 years old and live in a senior residence. When I heard that the new book was coming out, I requested that the library purchase it, so when they did, I became number one on the list to get it. Fortunately they bought several copies so Jake was able to get on the list to get his, too, as soon as it arrived.

<3 Barbie
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 176 Member
    Today is another one of those days that just disappears and you don't quite know what you accomplished, but some how I managed to keep busy. Oh yes a trip to two grocery stores. Not very exciting, but I was able to get what I needed and also a cross rib roast for the same price of a chuck roast. A nice change along with a variety of veggies too. So ready for some fall meals !

Barbie....I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I think you said he was 16 yrs old. Weow ! Loved seeing his photos as a kitten and later. He looks just like my kitty Mittens did, but he didn't last that long. That breed a kitty has been my favorite having owned 6 cats over time. No doubt your poodle will miss him, but will love all of the added attention you can give him now.

Sandy....You are one very busy lady and I don't know where you get all of your stamina from. Just the younger kids would wear me out. Charley is so pretty now. Growing up quickly for sure. Glad you were able to enjoy your adult kids for a visit too. Thats always a treat !!

Anne....When you mentioned previously about your next door neighbors moving all of this stuff out of the house it sounded like a fair size home. However I don't recall you saying there were many people living there. A thought crossed my mind. Maybe they fixed up homes and sold them storing a lot of things there to stage the homes on the market. Just a thought. However interesting that the new people haven't moved in yet or with the mortgage pmts going up with the interest rates increasing maybe they had to requalify for another loan. Time will tell in these trying times for all.

Lin....busy as ever on your cards and so nice of you to send batches out for charity (?). Have you heard from the roofer yet ? I have been watching your weather and you sure have some bad storms in your state. Do stay safe...seasons are a changing.

Patsy... Hope that you are recuperating from almost a bad fall. I keep on getting warned about that also, but it doesn't take much to radically change ones life with us being older now. Hope that your husband is doing better also and adjusting to his new meds. Glad you are working on getting the two injections that we are requested to get. It seems like you have problems up there getting them. Bet it is pretty up in your area now. Time to pull out the warmer clothes....

Jackie...Welcome home. Loved that picture of you and your friend. It sounds like you had a fabulous get away enjoying all of the countryside and the castles too. Time to get ready for fall and your rain. Hearty meals too....Your animals no doubt were thrilled to see you come home. Love getting away, but so nice to have my own bed....LOL

As for me....temps between mid 80s and 97 though it is finally cooling down. The fire I wrote about 38 miles away is still burning, but a lot is under control now thanks to some light rain for 3 days up in that area. We just got our appts for our two shots for next month. Glad to get that out of the way. I have been determined to try to increase my walking, but when I do it recreates foot problems. Decided it was time for some new walking shoes, plus inserts. Having difficult feet makes this a chore. Ordering them, trying them out in the house for several days and utilizing various shoe inserts. And if they don't work taking them back and starting all over again. No I am not having fun !! However fall is almost here and with any luck just maybe we will have some rain (though it often rains around us, but not over our house). I too watched most of the funeral for Queen Elizabeth II. It was very well done. Had my grandmother in mind during it all especially when the bagpipers played. She was born in England, but her family moved to Scotland when she was 6. She often remarked about a bagpiper that lived two houses away from her in the USA. He was a fireman, but often played his pipes for funerals when called upon. My childhood memories returning again.

Sorry for the book here. I tend to get a bit wordy I know. I didn't want to miss anyone and hopefully I didn't. Everyone take care and I am thinking of all of you.

Diane
  • JillyBurg7
    IF I'm correct and I hope I am:

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LIN. Hope you have a wonderful day relaxing, eating your favourite meals and generally relaxing.

JACKIE, than you for the photo. My cousin Judith lives in Otley. She is my artist cousin who taught art in Turkey once upon a time! I Wish I had known you were passing by, Judith would have fed you and Pat! A big welcome home to you and the pets!

Hope to get on again soon. Busy, busy day yesterday, exceptionally busy with Jilly still fast asleep.

Anne.
  • jacAth3
    kqbev3zoz3z9.jpeg

Wishing you the best day ever doing all the things you enjoy. You are always so thoughtful about others, you deserve to be relaxing and thinking of yourself for once.
    Hugs from across the pond ❤️
    Jackie