Friday weigh-in thread, 9-23-2022

steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,928 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,928 Member
    I'm down 1.2 pounds from last week, but only down 0.2 for the past couple of weeks. Again, this all seems to fit with my idea of weight lagging significantly behind my actions.

This week was "ok" but not perfect. The next few weeks will be a weight-challenge as the Jewish High Holidays will start Sunday night. That means that there will be lots of festive meals. I think weight-loss will have to be put on hold, somewhat, and I'll refocus after the holidays. Maybe I'll just set my goal to avoid gaining too much! Ha ha.

182/137.6/146
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,927 Member
    Up 1.2 lbs. I let my self indulge yesterday and a couple of other days with sweets and a couple of other items that I know will raise my weight. I must return to a very moderate to strict restrictions of the items I know are not friendly to weight loss.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,852 Member
    Down 0.2 at WW on Tuesday. Maintenance is a Death March!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,751 Member
    We now return to our regularly scheduled volatility of weigh-in results . . .

Yup, the string of seven weeks without a gain stopped this week with a gain of 1.2 pounds. It was a week like any other in terms of food, points consumed, activity, etc. There’s no apparent reason for the gain, any more than there was an obvious reason for the 3.8# loss two weeks ago. 🤷‍♂️

I stand by my position that weight loss is an extremely rational process. That language applies to our actions, but pretty clearly NOT to the temporal relationship with results.

And on the plus side (no pun intended)? A few days ago I was feeling frustrated with the fact that I’m sorta bouncing around the 185-190 range on my daily weigh-ins. Then I caught myself and laughed, because a couple of months ago I was getting frustrated that I was bouncing around between 190-195. Give a person some results, and they just want more, more, more! 😊
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,231 Member
    I'm up 3 since my last official weigh-in on August 24th.

Sleep is an issue again, and as a result my eating hours are messed up. Lots of late-night eating - - not snacking, eating. Also, I'm not focused, and that leads to sloppy tracking.

Planning to meal prep tomorrow and get back to strict tracking.