• ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:240.1
    CW:239.9
  • ewilhelm2487
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @ewilhelm2487 before having my gallbladder out I had to modify my diet for a while as well. I found that as long as my meals were low in cholesterol and fat they were well tolerated. If vegetarian is working for you that’s great!! Paneer is a favourite vegetarian meat substitute in my house. I’m not sure if it’ll be to high in fat though.

Trying to find foods low in fat that I actually like, seems to be my problem. I've been doing really well this past week. I live a almost fully vegetarian diet, I do eat ground turkey and chicken but maybe only once a week. I purchased Simple truth meatless crumbles and it's really good with Mexican foods, I'll definitely have to try Paneer! My problem is I sometimes have the palate of a toddler🤣🤣.
  • ewilhelm2487
    @ewilhelm2487 - I’m not a vegetarian but I’d like to incorporate more fruit, vegetables, and legumes into my diet. We lived in Japan for many years, and my husband is half Japanese, so we eat a lot of tofu. We buy the firm tofu, which is nice on its own with some soy sauce and scallions. We also like Japanese vegetable curry, and meat-free curry from other countries, too.

For the slow cooker, I like to make chili with vegetables and beans. You can also add the meatless crumbles and I’ll bet your meat-eating family members won’t be able to tell the difference. If you like Mediterranean food, hummus and falafel are too good options. It’s easy to make or buy hummus so I like to buy the large size Arabic bread and separate the pita into two large circles by cutting around the edge. Then, it’s easy to spread a thin layer of cucumber yogurt spread or hummus and add any vegetables you like. For soup, lentils and white beans are great to add.

We sometimes use the meatless crumbles to make fajitas, tacos, or burritos if you think your family would enjoy those. Of course, you can also make a big salad and have some chicken, beef, or salmon available on the side for others. A baked potato with sides (e.g., bacon, cheese, or sour cream for them and cucumber yogurt topping for you?) is another option. I’ll try to think about a few other plant-based staples we like and post a recipe or two in Jessica’s weekly challenge space. It takes a little practice but I’m sure you’ll be able to gradually complement your usual dishes with more vegetarian choices over time. I think the key is not to be too strict or hard on yourself all at once. To me, it seems easier to start with some (low fat) chicken or fish with vegetables while you practice switching in replacement options for the higher fat items, but you’ll find what works for you. I just take longer to adjust to new behaviors than other people, I think.

Thank you for your input, I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me so many examples. I did make a big pot of chili last week and added ground turkey plus 3 beans. It was protein packed and very minimal fat.
    I am not a Mediterranean diet fan lol I tried hummus once and really liked it but that's it. I've never tried tofu but it looks like it has a weird consistency, I wouldn't buy a whole thing of it, just in case I don't like it. I'm not big on trying new foods lol
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Registration for NEW members is open! Invite your friends - share the link :heart:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874490/october-2022-registration-for-new-members-is-open/p1?new=1

Returning members do NOT have to register! If you are already here, you will be automatically enrolled for October.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,128 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 9/23: 13,577
    Sat 9/24: 12,799
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

bnfp0uaesvgz.png
    gdbie41axvbj.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    7e108siz2smh.png

By Pounds
    khxnqkrb4ab8.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    lq3bll2ae1pw.png

By Pounds
    42c1mon63az3.png
    8pschgf6tkel.png

Team Winners
    qpiqk42tvvl7.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    edited September 2022
    @KHill875 Hey there...I added you to the Step Challenge during September, so report your steps so I can catch you up...hope your walking is going well! This month has been a challenge for me, but I think I'll meet my monthly goal...been doing pretty good with my daily goal. What was your daily goal?

Let me know! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    Steps:
    9/18 5,989
    9/19 10,175
    9/20 10,579
    9/21 8,326
    9/22 10,473
    9/23 5,754
    9/24 8,516
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    I recognized lots of names among the “honorable mentions” for this week. Congratulations to all the Shape Shifter team leaders for the week!
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Sundays
    PW: 191.8
    CW: 188.9

I’ve been struggling a lot this month. It’s mostly showing in my steps that I just can’t seem to keep up with. I’m still grieving and dealing with a lot a work. I’ve started taking a Pilates class 3x a week as well. That has helped tremendously. Even if it’s just for that hour, I can shut everything else out and just focus on my body.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    @msashleybing Glad to hear you're taking control as much as possible and finding what works for you, helping you to concentrate on your physical, mental and emotional health. Grief is so hard to handle because it's unexpected and hits so randomly. Great loss the last two weeks! I'm glad you're finding your way to peace...take care!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    I’m sorry you’re struggling @msashleybing. Your Pilates class is a good way to work through your grief. Taking time to care for yourself is important. Sending you warm wishes.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    jessicakrall8 Hi Jess, Hope you feel much better very soon - sending well wishes your way!
  • Walela617
    @Walela617
    Steps:

9/20: 10,529
    9/21: 9,943
    9/22: 12,710
    9/23: 6,171
  • Walela617
    edited September 2022
    @Walela617

No Steps on 9/24 or 9/25 (Fitness tracker not worn)

PW: 158.6
    Weigh-in on Thursday, 9/22: 159.6 ("Oktoberfest" meal and 2, 16 oz. beers the night before at 9pm!) oops.

The scale says I already got rid of the temporary gain from last week; hopefully, this Thursday will be a better showing.

Have a great week everyone!
    (Carole)
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @Pupowl that’s a nice puzzle you just completed. I had one of those IMPOSSIBLE puzzles. I gave it away, I didn’t even want to try it. Let me know how it goes when you get to it.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 515 Member
    Ok. Here it is yall.
    Pw: 215.6
    Cw:221.6

As I had some tummy troubles last week, I ended up too much sodium , for which I'm now swollen in my extremities. This is. Not a good thing for me as I'm on a low sodium diet, heart healthy. So now I'm focused on getting back to normal the last few days.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,531 Member
    @CasandraW
    The impossible I had picked out was a bunch of butterflies everywhere, so I think this picture is a bit easier. I am not sure if I will enjoy it though, because I love starting a new puzzle and beginning with the edge, which these don't have. So we will see!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 367 Member
    JenHul
    Weigh in day Mondays
    PW: 182.2
    CW: 180.4
    LTD: -1.8

Started tracking food again, trying to stay consistent in that. I have started a new shift this week, so hoping a more stable work structure will help with walking in the evenings. Have a good week everybody!
This discussion has been closed.