Let me know you a little better

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Much like my swimming pool, I am deep and shallow.
    I am kind but angry.
    I love to laugh and make others laugh but deal with depression.
    Aside from relationships, things come easily for me, so I have never really pushed myself and reached my potential.
    I love grandeur (i.e. nature) and simplicity.
    Early morning coffee or nighttime drink... both with a good book. 👌
    I am a pretty open book if asked.. For example, this post does not make me feel fear or vulnerable at all.

"Open book" .soooo... what you wearing? 😂

You're awesome 💜
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    Im rarely serious, I turn everything into a joke. They say that people trying to be funny is to cover what they really feel.but that's not true of me I don't think. I just can't let a good joke pass when the opportunity presents itself.
    Serious convo is kept for friends needing a shoulder or advice.
    I just love "verbal jousting" so to speak and fully appreciate when a person can give it right back to me.

Im not as happy as I used to be, life kicked my butt.. theres a little sad spot now, Im ok.. just changed. 🙂
    Also, if you hurt one of my kids in any way you'll go down in a screaming heap.. Im not above physical violence when it comes to those I love..

This was actually difficult to write as it shows a deeper side to me.. something I keep from most people 😬

Well spoken Jo! I know you have tried to joust with me through the years. Keep trying one day you may just win. 😏

Yes, lots of people don’t like to accept it but there are times and situations where violence does solve problems. 🤗

Im so good at jousting I won and you didn't even know it 🤣😂

Jo, I let you win just because I love ya 🤗

• slimgirljo15
    Im rarely serious, I turn everything into a joke. They say that people trying to be funny is to cover what they really feel.but that's not true of me I don't think. I just can't let a good joke pass when the opportunity presents itself.
    Serious convo is kept for friends needing a shoulder or advice.
    I just love "verbal jousting" so to speak and fully appreciate when a person can give it right back to me.

Im not as happy as I used to be, life kicked my butt.. theres a little sad spot now, Im ok.. just changed. 🙂
    Also, if you hurt one of my kids in any way you'll go down in a screaming heap.. Im not above physical violence when it comes to those I love..

This was actually difficult to write as it shows a deeper side to me.. something I keep from most people 😬

Well spoken Jo! I know you have tried to joust with me through the years. Keep trying one day you may just win. 😏

Yes, lots of people don’t like to accept it but there are times and situations where violence does solve problems. 🤗

Im so good at jousting I won and you didn't even know it 🤣😂

Jo, I let you win just because I love ya 🤗

z8kisc8nyip7.gif

😂🤗
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,504 Member
    I got covid for the first time today.
    Not too bad just feels like a fever and brain is foggy.

I hope you feel better soon 💕
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 433 Member

I hope you feel better soon 💕

Thanks beauty
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member

I hope you kick its butt quick!
  • nonchalantxo

I hope you kick its butt quick!

Thank you 😊
  • slimgirljo15
    edited September 2022

I hope it remains a mild case.. get well soon 🙂
  • nonchalantxo

I hope it remains a mild case.. get well soon 🙂

Thanks we shall see.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    My outward response to jealousy is to disengage
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

i usually just give up immediately bc i dont have the heart/confidence of a competitor at all
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    I hate video games 🤷‍♂️
  • TwitchyMagee

I do this sometimes too

i usually just give up immediately bc i dont have the heart/confidence of a competitor at all
    I think I have had the attitude that if I have to compete for it it’s not worth having and certainly in regard to people’s affections that’s probably true but I’m beginning to think there are some things that are worth striving and competing for.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

I do this sometimes too

I think I have had the attitude that if I have to compete for it it’s not worth having and certainly in regard to people’s affections that’s probably true but I’m beginning to think there are some things that are worth striving and competing for.

i mean
    i know people who are competitive spirits in life and like, they thrive on it and it makes them better people and it’s impressive

i am more cooperative gamer type personality so the competition thing just stresses me out so i only compete with past and future me
  • TwitchyMagee

I do this sometimes too

i mean
    i know people who are competitive spirits in life and like, they thrive on it and it makes them better people and it’s impressive

i am more cooperative gamer type personality so the competition thing just stresses me out so i only compete with past and future me
    I understand this. I don’t game but I operate much the same way. Me in CrossFit was hilarious and collaborative. I believe I brought something good there.

But for me (I’m only reflecting on my own motives & behaviors) this method has sometimes kept me from putting in my best effort for fear of offending others. I’m not sure I can or should change but it’s something I’m thinking about.

• TwitchyMagee

I do this sometimes too

For me it depends on who it is and whether or not I believe that I have a right to feel that way about the situation.

If I think that I don't, then it's disengage time, but if I think that I do, then I either try and push through it if I think it's irrational or I have to mention it to the person
    That is incredibly mature and rational. The last time I expressed jealousy over a person I was neither 😂. Thankfully it has been over 20 years since I have expressed anything like that

• nonchalantxo
    I don't know when to shut up.
  • TwitchyMagee

I do this sometimes too

For me it depends on who it is and whether or not I believe that I have a right to feel that way about the situation.

If I think that I don't, then it's disengage time, but if I think that I do, then I either try and push through it if I think it's irrational or I have to mention it to the person
    That is incredibly mature and rational. The last time I expressed jealousy over a person I was neither 😂. Thankfully it has been over 20 years since I have expressed anything like that

Oh I promise you that my follow through isn't always flawless 😂
    You’re just trying to make me feel better
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    Reminds me of my childhood: early reader, articulate, disorganized, never had to do homework, barely had to study, then when *kitten* got hard lacked the discipline to do the work. I’ve spent years unlearning it.

Ditto. High school valedictorian, perfect grades, no effort. First semester of college I treated class the same way, until I got that mid-term report card: 1.8 GPA, including failing my favorite class. Total wake up call. (Luckily this was mid-term...by end of term I'd pulled that 1.8 to 3.6 and never looked back.)