"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Looking at free agents to pick up to make my team stronger today in FFL. While I had a good draft, I have to assess the players I have versus who's available and determine if replacing them is worth it for the season.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2022
    FFL Update after MNF: Good news, I was the #2 scoring team in the league! Bad news, I faced the #1 scoring team, losing by under 2 points. Went 1-3 week 1, lost a couple starters to injury already, got some work to do.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day.At least it's cool now.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Chicken sandwich and fries for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Nothing special going on today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment:Ribs and salad for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. So glad it's Friday. I'm ready to take a day off of work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Clean the house and grocery shop. Will chill out today since I've gotten just about everything done up to date with HDL.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:Sushi for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. Good thing that I can watch games a little while I work. Hoping for a big 9er win this afternoon.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Filipino tosilog for dinner last night. Waiting for House of the Dragon tonight!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Trey's done for the year, but good thing the 9ers reupped Jimmy G! A win for my team and looks like a win for my FFL too after tonight. Unfortunately got knocked out of my Survival Football pool after picking the Browns.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Thought I could stay up and watch House of the Dragon, but fell asleep. Will have to watch it later today.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Thought it was going to be an easy win in FFL just being down by 7 points and him only having Godert and me having Cousins last night. I barely pulled it out after Cousins played like crap last night. Least I won.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Caught up with some recorded shows and slept early.

• nossmf
    Recovery week is over, workouts revamped, aches and pains and fatigue gone, rarin' to go!

Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Standing Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Front
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x30sec

Analysis: The last three months, my lifting sessions had been divided into an "A" and "B" routine, alternating each week, with slight differences either in sets/reps or in selection of assistance exercises. During my self-imposed week off I decided to consolidate them into a single Leg, Pull, Push and Full-Body day, which I will repeat each week for the next three months and see how it goes. I really liked today's Leg day, feeling a hit all angles of the legs, and all from a single squat station I never had to leave the entire workout. I've also backed off on the max weights in use...squat sets of 20 (not 10), deadlift sets of 5 (not heavy doubles), bench sets of 5 (rather than pushing for failure on a heavier weight).

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with buttered egg noodles, Dinner - Papa Murphy's pizza (half price Tuesdays)

Fantasy Football: It was a very good week all around. Went 3-1, with one team still undefeated at 2-0, and even my worst team (0-2) lost by a very small margin. Meanwhile my Broncos managed to find a way to win. Was it ugly, sure...but a win's a win, and there's 16 other teams who'd gladly trade a beautiful loss for an ugly win.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Was able to pick up Garrett Wilson on waivers. I waived Treylon Burks.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Lamb for dinner and ended up recapping House of the Dragon from episodes 1 and 2.

• nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Abs - Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x20sec

Analysis: Slept in due to forgetting to set my alarm, woke up in time to get to work on time but had to move workout to after work. Fortunately I'm leaving work early today anyway, so dinner won't be delayed.

Food: Lunch - grilled chicken with rice, Dinner - BBQ pork chops with sautéed red potatoes

Fantasy Football: Was able to pickup Jimmy Garoppolo off waivers on my team with the weakest QB situation. Facing Denver is a bad first matchup, so will probably still use Matt Ryan (hugely disappointing start to the year), but starting week 4 I should be in a much better position. And if I make it to the playoffs, I have Deshaun Watson sitting on my bench (his suspension will be over by then), so will be set to soar!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Just Thursday night football tonight

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Vietnamese for dinner. Fresh shrimp roll with peanut sauce.

• nossmf
    Had to be at work at 0600 this morning, leaving the house by 0430, so no morning workout for me. Figured I'd be able to leave work by 2 and have an afternoon workout, but instead my boss wants me to attend a meeting which STARTS at 3, who knows when it will end. Combined with having to take my daughter to a school meeting this evening, looks like today's push workout will get pushed (see what I did there?) to tomorrow, with my full-body workout still scheduled for Saturday morning. Hoping it'll be ok to do the full-body so soon after a chest day, will play by ear if I have to pull back on the weights or not that day.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x12,10,8
    Cable Pushdown 3x12,10,8

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Debating where to keep my abdominal work in this routine. I start the day off with cable twists, seems easy enough to just do the cable woodchoppers right then as well, but I've been holding them to the end of the workout to prevent inadvertent fatigue impacting my bench press. But it does leave me vulnerable to the cable stations being full when I need them at the end. Hmm...

Food: Lunch - Burger King, Dinner - leftover pork schnitzel with sweet potato casserole

Life: Today has not been a good day technology-wise. At the gym I started to do cardio first, but the machine wouldn't sync up to any form of entertainment...movies, TV, even music. Sorry, but I'm not able to do a half hour of cardio without SOME kind of distraction, so I just moved on to weights. Later in the morning, I powered up my laptop, but every single one of my files, photos, even internet bookmarks was erased, poof, gone. Then during my drive to work I tried to call my mother to wish her a happy birthday, and the call got disconnected three times in a 20 minute span. Now that I'm at work, I'm hesitant to touch anything, as we are 100% reliant upon computers to do everything...
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Well I won a small amount from Fanduel yesterday. And I'm going into the weekend after starting the CLE defense (what a gift TD in the end) and Chubb having a good outing.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Clients constantly bring me food and yesterday it was chocolate and banana cream pie.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Clean the house and grocery shop. Catch up with Andor today.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: KFC for dinner.

• nossmf
    Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x5,5,5,4,3
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Side Raise <superset> DB Rear Lateral Raise 2x10
    DB Curls <superset> EZ-Bar Extend 2x10

Analysis: Lesson learned...from now on, at LEAST 24 hours between any lifting session and the full-body session. Yesterday's push day was strong; today's push portion of the full-body was epically difficult.

Food: Lunch - KFC sandwich, Dinner - spicy peanut chicken on rice

Life: Got my laptop back, all files/bookmarks. A coworker suggested the file links were missing because I was actually logged in on a temporary profile, and gave me instructions to find them again. Immediately after my laptop prompted me to reboot to install the second half of the update, after which POOF, all back to normal. Go figure.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Crappy football weekend for me. Not only did the 9ers flub against Denver, but I lost on FFL where I should have won if my players just met their projections. Ugh.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. House of the Dragon was a little confusing, but I'll watch it again to make sure I understand it.

• nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x45sec

Analysis: My regular plank times are rapidly improving. My side plank times, however, are seriously lagging, with my left side proving significantly weaker than my right side.

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with buttered egg noodles, Dinner - breakfast (French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon)

Fantasy Football: Tough week in fantasy football, going 1-3 on the week after several of my guys apparently decided to take the week off. The one win was in my best team, though, which is now 3-0 to start the year. Meanwhile, it was a GREAT week for my Broncos...win Sunday night...all 3 division opponents lost...Patriots lost...tied for division lead. Our defense is legit...now we just need to get the offense figured out. At least our penalty count was slashed last night, from 12/13 the first two weeks to only 5 last night.