WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 432 Member
    Annie, I must admit I lost our vaccine cards as well. I think they may have fallen out of a knapsack. The public health department has a record of all the vaccines through a computer. They issued us new cards. This is in Georgia.

Rosemarie from Georgia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Good luck to all of the Gulf coast of Florida..Toms place is about 2 hrs south of Tampa and about 20 miles south of Sarasota..not on the direct water ,but the rain and wind could do major damage..here is hoping not.. its a beautiful community down there.
    Everyone stay safe and batten down the hatches...
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Well done for posting the pics of Miles, Allie. He sure is a cutie! <3

Hope no one is too affected by the hurricane. Rosemarie, I feel for your worrying. I would be the same. Doesn't hurt to have a back up plan.

Bea pick up day today. The weather looks OK.

My friend G has just arrived in St Malo, France, on her one day jaunt. Overnight on the ferry from Portsmouth, one day in the town, and ferry back tonight. She sent me photos this morning of her arrival. She's now off to find a café for a French breakfast. :p Last night she was feeling very reluctant to go at all as it's a bit chilly and most things are shut on Tuesday in France. :o She has booked a lunch.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Morning

It was our friend's birthday recently, so me and two friends visited her on Sunday. We travelled in Cs car but unfortunately, got lost after we left the motorway. (P lives near Richmond which is about an hour and half away north of York). After driving around country lanes, not recognising any of the landmarks P said to look out for, we called her. She said to drive to the nearby service station, she would meet us there and we could follow her car to her house. We would never have found it with the directions we were given :) We got there a little later than expected but had a lovely visit. Two boisterous puppies greeted us - they were so cute. We went to a cafe and had lunch and a good catch up. We had a look around the shops and bought cakes from a lovely bakery to take home. (Don't tell the people on the shake the sugar challenge >:) )

Katla - glad you are getting to spend some time with your DH, hope he joins you in the apartment soon.

Allie, Heather and Rebecca - lovely pics of the grandkids, they are all so cute.

Machka congrats on the weightloss, what are the small changes you implemented?

Lisa my entertainment style is like yours :D

Jam Welcome, so sorry to hear about your losses. Glad you have a good support group to help you and glad you found us.

I'd better make a move, time is getting on and I have a lot to do this morning. I hope all those in the path of the hurricane keep safe.

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited September 2022

Heather: Your son is so talented. I used to make honeycomb. Delicious!
    Carla: Hurrah! For helpful techies!
    Rebecca: 🥰 the pics. 3 beautiful women!
    Machka: Sorry about all the medical problems. I hope they find out what’s causing it.
    lypazlhnezoj.jpeg
    🥰 this. I think that HM tended to wear bright colours so that people could see her from a distance.

Just weighed myself and was pleased to see that it’s has stayed reasonably stable.

Up to page Page 57

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited September 2022
    Glad you had a good trip, Terri. Can't help feeling envious of your grandson. When I went to uni in 1967, I just sent a large trunk ahead by British Rail, then got on a train, still aged 17, and went to Bristol. I think a couple of other girls were in the carriage with me from my school. No parents involved!
    I didn't take my son's to uni either, but my ex did. These days you do seem to need a lot of domestic equipment, and our car was completely full in the back. I remember waving them off. I was separated by then, but not yet divorced. My elder son went to Glasgow, which is a long way from London!
    Your trip does sound very 'full on', but it's a good feeling when you've done your best. :D<3 Your grandson will remember it.
    My elder son made me laugh when he said he usually cooked at his girlfriend's flat, often for the whole flat, for free food. I asked him why he cooked over there and not at his own shared flat. He said, "Because she's got better pans." That told me! His, I bought from Argos. Hers were John Lewis. :p:p

Sorting out the contents of my box before I put them back. I've curated the letters :laugh: , now to tackle the rest. When I publish my poems I want to add a bit of context to the 'chapters', so this has been helpful. Especially with regard to my sister-in-law, my ex's sister, who was killed in an awful car crash when I was 24 and she was 29. We lived in the same house that we all had converted together into flats. She died in 1974. Seems like only yesterday. It was an important marker in my life.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Morning ladies
    Slept fairly well,up took my pills and fed Alfie.
    Wow watching the Weather Ian is a whopper of a storm. Looks like the Tampa area will get hit the worsted with 20-40 inches of rain... holy cow...
    Hoping Miles is in good shape today.. that poor kid is popping teeth out in abundance and is miserable 😢 and mommy doesn't like using to much tylenol..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,342 Member
    Good afternoon ladies!

Someone I follow posted this on Facebook this morning. I'm not sure if her intent is to be cathartic or just to announce freedom from her own and other's expectations. Or??? Lots of food for thought here. Feel free to skip. ;)
    I am becoming cynical. I think quite honestly it is a natural progression after years of perceived freedom. As I age I realize I was just really good at conforming, adapting. After a few life altering ( and life threatening) situations, and being a self reflecting loner, my paradigm has shifted but not without cost. But the cost was and is my perception of letting go of societal demands.
    Some days I feel as though I am a child again on a swing trying to touch the sky with my feet. Other days my feet are laden with wet cement and I struggle just to get one foot in front of the other.
    I embrace my peculiarities and oddisms.I can no longer compete with them or even want to. Age allows me to say good bye to constrained efforts, lost causes and hello to fresh starts and new beginnings.
    I dream now. I am no longer afraid of not achieving my dream. Just thinking about it gives me great pleasure with nary a naysayer because no one is allowed in my dreams without specific permission from me. I am thrilled I still know how to dream, be in the moment and feel happy by pure thought. No one one will ever take that away from me and I smile...a huge *I have a secret and I am not letting anyone in on it *smile. To share my dreams is to burst my dreams. This is one cynicism I have come to terms with.
    As a result, I am becoming quieter. I think. Therefore I Am.

Anyhow, I've read it three times now and each time I get a different message.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lanette - Thank you for posting this.Still thinking about it--I keep writing a response and erasing it too. Quite thought-provoking.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited September 2022
    Yes, Lanette, and Lisa, you are right, there are so many ways you could take it. ;):*

My friend G is enjoying herself in St Malo and is very glad she didn't wimp out. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Tracey, Thanks for writing about the "do not disturb" function on the phone. I found the setting and set up for 9PM to 6AM. Since I've gotten back from camp, I've gotten phone calls every night around 3AM from a number I don't recognize. So I"ve been silencing my phone when I go to bed. The last two nights "do not disturb" setting kept the phone quiet. What a treat and I don't have to remember to turn my ringer back on in the morning.

Betsy in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Well, I got my Covid booster and flu shot, and now both my arms are sore. It will pass. I need to buy groceries today, but I could use a nap first. So nothing much going on, but I still enjoy checking in with all of you!

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Anne pharmacy should be able to print her a new one and give her booster.