Weight No More Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    I need to take a break for a couple weeks. Starting a new chemo regimen Friday and unsure what the effects are. I am under 150 so have lost a couple more pounds I will log it on Thursday and then see what happens with the new routine.

Do you want me to move you to the support team for the month of October?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hello WNM... Another new member joining your team for October ...Please welcome @kicommataj1
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm I'm in too! For me: no snacking! (no pretzels, peanuts, or cheescake in particular, grapes and plums are ok)

steps:
    Sunday: 10360
    Monday: 11768
    Tuesday: 11128
    Wednesday: 11497
    Thursday; 8750
    Friday: 10060
    Saturday: 10009

TOTAL: 73,572
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @gem_t_86 :)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    I need to take a break for a couple weeks. Starting a new chemo regimen Friday and unsure what the effects are. I am under 150 so have lost a couple more pounds I will log it on Thursday and then see what happens with the new routine.

Do you want me to move you to the support team for the month of October?

Yes please
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    So happy to have some new faces on the team! Welcome aboard @healthygirlintransit and @ssssseika !!!

As for everyone else, last week was not our best. I've decided to buckle down a bit further this week to hopefully help reach a team-wide loss for next week. If anyone is interested in joining in, let me know!

What are you doing to make this week a bit better than last? Personally, I'm not eating any snack foods straight out of the bag - it MUST go into a bowl, and I can only put one serving into the bowl at a time.

As I'm reading this, I am literally eating candy corn out of the bag. I buy 1 bag a year...but I should not be grazing on it. Don't know what I will do ...will think on it.
  • gigglemachine
    gigglemachine Posts: 82 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm I'm with you for trying harder this week. Today I have concentrated on making better choices. I wanted to treat myself at lunch as I'm tired and stressed so I bought a fruit salad and sandwich instead of something big and chocolatey. Tonight I am going to have a smaller portion than my tall slim partner who is actually trying to gain weight!

An extra motivator for me is that I have a really nice winter coat but it's just too tight at the moment, I'd really like to wear it soon as its getting chilly 😁
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi WNM...another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @abp1025 :)
  • kicomataj1
    kicomataj1 Posts: 5 Member
    What’s up squad, happy to be part of the team, do I need access to the October group or is this it?

I’m big into lifting weights and am currently training for a half marathon run in late October. Hoping to be around 185-190 by end of October, I already started losing weight and hoping to keep momentum.

Weigh-in: Saturdays
    Pw: 211
    Cw: 206
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    kicomataj1 wrote: »
    What’s up squad, happy to be part of the team, do I need access to the October group or is this it?

I’m big into lifting weights and am currently training for a half marathon run in late October. Hoping to be around 185-190 by end of October, I already started losing weight and hoping to keep momentum.

Weigh-in: Saturdays
    Pw: 211
    Cw: 206

When the October thread opens, Liselyn (jugar) will post a link to the new chat, where we'll be posting throughout the month. You're welcome to hang out and chat in here, but you won't be required to make any weight updates until next week.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    SEPTEMBER WEEK THREE

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 6
    Total Steps: 376,984
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 62,831

The Leaderboard -

@SarahJoyManea - 119,630 total | 17,090 average - Most Steps in a Day!
    @MotylekOkruchy - 73,572 total | 10,510 average - Most Consistent!
    @ljdanny - 67,847 total | 9,692 average
    @GinLee61 - 47,047 total | 6,721 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 36,381 total | 5,197 average
    @pacsnc6 - 32,507 total | 4,644 average

A little bit of a slump this week compared to the previous. I wonder if the weather has something to do with it - I know I haven't been getting outside as much as I'd like recently, and it's all because of the wind and rain.
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi everyone! Sorry to not come over and say before now, I'm finding it a little difficult to navigate the community section on my mobile so have moved to the laptop instead! Thanks so much for the welcomes.

I'm struggling with motivation at the moment, particularly on eating - I'm not doing too bad at exercising at the moment but mindless eating is a very bad habit of mine. I'm hoping that having the accountability weigh ins will help! I'd love to join the steppers challenge from October if that's OK?

Feeling proud of myself today though because I was so, so tempted to skip the planned gym session this evening after a pants day at work. I did not, and I (mostly) worked hard :smile: And it meant I hit my step goal for the day even if the less said about food today, the better.

Hope everyone is doing OK and well done on the marathon training @kicomataj1, would love to know more about your weights routine as well - I love weights but am never quite sure where to start with an organised plan.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    gem_t_86 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm hoping that having the accountability weigh ins will help! I'd love to join the steppers challenge from October if that's OK?

Hi! Welcome aboard!

And absolutely, you're welcome to join the step challenge in October. All you need to do is post your October Week 1 (October 2nd - 8th) steps by October 11th and I'll take care of the rest!
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Hello Team Weight No More,

Weight wise, I have been putting it on since mid 2020. My biggest issue has been eating whatever I want, whenever I want to. At the end of last year, I had a back injury, which had made it tough for me to do a whole heck of a lot as far as physical activity. I finished PT a couple weeks ago and my back is almost back to wear it was. I am hoping that having to post my weight once a week and the food tracking that I am going to start doing with MFP will help me shed some of this weight. Also going to start exercising again.

I'm very excited to start and hope that I reach my goal weight in the coming months!

Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi WNM...Another new member joining your team ... Please welcome @CrumbsInMyButter :)
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott

Hiiiii…. I normally weigh in today but I was distracted this morning and I ate breakfast this AM already but I prefer to get my weight fasted.

Can I weigh in tomorrow??
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Weigh in Thursdays
    PW 150.8
    CW 147.7

Haven't been eating as much this week and frustration doesn't help. Not knowing what's coming at me as I start new treatment tomorrow . . .
    Some good news Mom and my sister are coming for a few days next week to celebrate my birthday
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 9.29.2022
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

Pw: 217.8
    Cw: 216.6
This discussion has been closed.