fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    💞
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    edited September 2022
    The birthday sounds great Karen. I hope for just such a satisfying one soonest. Nice to do just what you want with no expectations. <3
    Thank you for posting the video.

The man to estimate for the blinds in the dining room is coming this afternoon. Because they have been so tardy in coming, we have learned to live without them and really don't need them until next summer. Might try a cheaper option for the few weeks we need them. Can't hurt go know the price though.

Yesterday a mouse appeared in our dining room. We haven't seen any evidence of them at all, so it may be a stray who found iits way in from the garden. Later it appeared in the bedroom!!! I decanted myself to the upstairs. It obviously is not a very clever mouse to expose itself so easily. Anyway, the poison is arriving today and we shall put it inside the base boards in the kitchen, which are loose. Don't like killing things, but needs must. We don't have pets to worry about and it will be well hidden from the grandchildren. Hope it does the trick quickly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    The birthday sounds great Karen. I hope for just such a satisfying one soonest. Nice to do just what you want with no expectations. <3

The man to estimate for the blinds in the dining room is coming this afternoon. Because they have been so tardy in coming, we have learned to live without them and really don't need them until next summer. Might try a cheaper option for the few weeks we need them. Can't hurt go know the price though.

Yesterday a mouse appeared in our dining room. We haven't seen any evidence of them at all, so it may be a stray who found iits way in from the garden. Later it appeared in the bedroom!!! I decanted myself to the upstairs. It obviously is not a very clever mouse to expose itself so easily. Anyway, the poison is arriving today and we shall put it inside the base boards in the kitchen, which are loose. Don't like killing things, but needs must. We don't have pets to worry about and it will be well hidden from the grandchildren. Hope it does the trick quickly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If you've seen 2 in a short space of time like that, you've probably got half a dozen of them running round.

Check your cupboards, shoes, mattresses etc. for evidence.

Been there. Done that.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Here is the piece I painted for Lauryn.
    c1ocik58co6d.jpeg
    bt7x9qfh6ynd.jpeg

You do lovely work! :)

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    edited September 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If you've seen 2 in a short space of time like that, you've probably got half a dozen of them running round.

Been there. Done that.

M in Oz

Heather, Machka's right - the "not clever" ones are just the cannon fodder to see if they can draw your fire. Two mice that close together is an issue. Might be your neighbor's new building project rousted a bunch of them your way, might be the time of year, but there isn't just one, I promise. Check all dark places, under furniture, etc., and do whatever you must. I would bet Margaret will have a natural remedy that won't hurt the kids but can repel the rodents....

The worst mouse problem I ever had was when my first husband and I rented a farmhouse outside of Lakenheath. When the farmer burned the field after harvest, we were inundated with mice. We tried the trap thing, which entailed a half dozen sleepless nights of "pop-SQUEE!" all over the house and burial detail in the morning. Won't do that again...
  • Machka9
    Another rough night. Four baths later, slept all over the house, in recliner, on couch, in bed, in bath, everywhere! Just whole abdomen tight, and the only thing that feels good was lying in hot water. Its now almost 11 am and I was able to sleep for two hours while Lee was at gym. Hadn't eaten since 2 yesterday, so at 8 am I had a cup of chicken broth, and just now after sleeping had 2 saltines. Nothing sound particularly good. Its not the flu, its not just an upset belly. I was really gurgling though at about 3 am. Its like my insides have a side ache. Called doctor and have an appointment for Thursday 1:40. This is nuts.
    Rebecca
    Wa

Gallbladder? Or have you had your gallbladder removed already?

I'm amazed about the baths! When I've had gallbladder-like twinges, I've gone with a hot water bottle. Baths are way too time consuming with the scrubbing and cleaning the tub and surrounding area, waiting for the tub to fill, and the post-tub rinse shower.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Been watching weather channel and all,and heard from some people in the park were Toms place is,extensive damage,im hoping his is spared.
    My grandparents had a place down in Placida which is right on the gulf in an old mobile home park..
    They were showing those getting ripped up on the weather channel this morning.
    So many happy memories there.
    I pray there was minimal loss of life..
  • Machka9
    edited September 2022
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey – you know, one week I was quite surprised that my pay was so low. I know what I typically earn in a week. I know I didn’t take any time off. Well, fortunately, it’s not like we’re going to die. I know some people depend on the money to be able to pay their rent or buy groceries. I feel so blessed that that’s not the situation I’m in. I figure I’ll find out how much I made this year when I get my W-2….lol

Michele NC

You can ask about things like that. In fact, you should. Mistakes happen now and then. If they made a mistake on yours, they might have made mistakes on others that week ... others who weren't paying attention or who were too shy to say something.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Been there. Done that.

M in Oz

Heather, Machka's right - the "not clever" ones are just the cannon fodder to see if they can draw your fire. Two mice that close together is an issue. Might be your neighbor's new building project rousted a bunch of them your way, might be the time of year, but there isn't just one, I promise. Check all dark places, under furniture, etc., and do whatever you must. I would bet Margaret will have a natural remedy that won't hurt the kids but can repel the rodents....

The worst mouse problem I ever had was when my first husband and I rented a farmhouse outside of Lakenheath. When the farmer burned the field after harvest, we were inundated with mice. We tried the trap thing, which entailed a half dozen sleepless nights of "pop-SQUEE!" all over the house and burial detail in the morning. Won't do that again...

Evidently mice aren't keen on rosemary. We have huge rosemary hedges and so we've put some into pillowcases. We've got a couple pillowcases downstairs where the mice like to go, and a couple in the main floor as well. One is in the dressing room. I don't know if it is co-incidence or not, but the mouse issue here has diminished a little.
    https://www.mygardenlife.com/how-to/how-to-repel-mice-with-natural-herb-sachets

Mice like back corners of closets where they can chew cloth or papers to make nests. They like to go poo in shoes in the closets.

If you keep food in boxes, they love that! Like cereal etc. They can chew the boxes to make a nest and they've got a nice source of food. We've had to put our boxed foods into sealed containers in some places we've lived.

Next time you go out for a while, when you come home, close your eyes and give a sniff. If you've got a bit of a mouse problem, you can likely smell it.

Or I can ... but then, even when I had the deviated septum and had a reduced sense of smell, I could smell all the bad things: mice, mildew, mould, spoiled food, etc.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,286 Member
    Barbie - I am hooked on " The Man Who Died Twice". I can see Helen Mirren playing Elizabeth. Our library has them on kindle, but I see 45 people ahead of me for "The Thursday Murder Club". :)

You are so wise to be cautious with this transmissible bug and careful protecting Jake's health, and as you know, that was me for the past couple years. As I was recovering last week, I was grateful my DH didn't have to go through it.

Katla - so glad your DH is improving. Hope he'll be back with you very soon.

Karen - the video of Sanibel is heartbreaking. :s What a nice birthday for your spouse! Now I'm hungry for some take out Asian food.

We did get rain yesterday. Not lots, maybe 1/4 inch, but it was nice.

I scheduled the septic tank cleaning, it had been years and needed to be done again. Third week of October. DH always handled this before, it was the last thing on my "stuff I better take care of this year" list. Ah, the joys of country living! :D

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    I have seen no evidence of mice so far. Nothing chewed, no droppings or smells.
    The poison has arrived and I've put it out in two places in the kitchen. Kids can't see it. I hope that'll sort it out. Soooo annoying.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx