Living The Lifestyle Thursday 9/29/2022

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,934 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Flintwinch (Tim)
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Local & World News events. Even though you can't control them do they effect your attitude thus effecting you eating habits and setting you a stray sometimes.

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    I've got a doctor's appointment In headed to so I'll circle back this afternoon with my comments.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,878 Member
    Options
    Other than feeling sick and tired with all the political ads and vitriol.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,764 Member
    Options
    🙈🙉🙊

I don’t watch the news on TV, and I don’t listen to Fox or CNN. That cuts down a lot on my exposure to the marketing of bad news. I read two papers, but I skip editorials and click-bait articles. I think I’m somewhat aware of what’s going on, but I’m far from immersed in it. Most of it gets filed under “things I can do nothing about”, and then I move on.

So I don’t eat over Hurricane Ian, or Mac Jones' ankle injury, or what’s happening with my IRA. I try to take a long term view.

Although, or course, as Steve pointed out this could just be my own view of my self-image, and people who know me might say it’s a crock.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    The news cycle certainly plays into my mood. Sometimes it feels like all gloom and doom, and other times it seems like everything is going well. I try to watch and read from multiple perspectives, but still, there is always an overarching sense of which way things are going at any given moment.

With that said, I don't think that really effects my food intake very much. I think personal "crises" have more to do with that than anything, but even that doesn't have much of an effect on my intake.

I think the thing that really helps, for me, is that I tend to stick to routine. Thus, there's less thinking involved, and so less mood-driven input.