This September I Will...

1235»

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,680 Member
    Bellawow wrote: »
    I think the main things I actually accomplished this month. Started Tracking my food, Started tracking my walking.

@Bellawow Those are some foundational habits! Wonderful!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    edited September 2022
    Bellawow wrote: »
    I think the main things I actually accomplished this month. Started Tracking my food, Started tracking my walking.

@Bellawow
    Congratulations on those two key habits for Success!! Bravo 👏 👏
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited September 2022
    1st week - sept 13-19 💞 2,040avg 8,100st
    2nd week- sept 20-26 💞 1,940avg 7,690st
    Avg daily distance 3.7 miles both weeks
    Workouts 1:29 daily avg 1st week &
    1:41 2nd week

I timed two consecutive one mile walks this week. One was 19+ mins & the other was 18* mins!
    (I had just read a study about stepping up effort of walks for huge health gains - suggesting 20-22 min miles was great.) I’m so happy!

It used to take me 35 mins to walk 1.2 miles when I weighed 228 & had barely any kidney function.
    GRATEFUL.

Reminding myself of health reasons to curtail food ♥️ works well.
    “I am placing my health first.”

Sleep ♥️ 7 hrs

Mood- very Happy. ♥️

Nature is endlessly fascinating!!

Nature, Discovery, Art, The World
    Friends & Family
    Teaching & Learning

Steady at 167.2 (yay)
    BMI: 25.4
    -0.5to go 😍

Incredibly grateful that I somehow got back into “remission.” When it’s easy, and I’m
    in the groove, it’s a joy. When it’s difficult & elusive, it’s terrifying.

@jamcnewman
    I have been stitching each day & evening - very relaxing!!
    But when hubby & I go up to watch our show, I get food - not hungry. It’s a habit, I now realize.

I had forgotten the need for rewards for changing habits.
    I’ve been trying to think of one… OK

Each evening that I will stop eating for the evening at the end of dinner, I will earn $2 towards the dress form I plan to purchase after I’ve gotten back to my earlier weight so I can design, fit, and sew clothes for myself... About 8-10 lbs. I will also repeat the mantra: “It’s just a habit. You changed the habit earlier & now you can change it back!”

Also: “I am a person who does not eat after dinner”

Also “I sleep better when I stop eating for the night at dinner.”

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 I always set the treadmill to a 20min walk. This generally keeps my heart rate at just over 100. From what I read this is an ok range for someone of my age (63). My doctor said all of my numbers are good and that I'm quite fit (though I think she meant for my age even though she didn't say it).

Sometimes if I'm feeling energetic I'll add some incline or speed up temporarily but for the most part I'm happy with it and trying to walk longer distances would be as beneficial as speeding up. My partner walks extremely fast so when we walk outside I end up walking faster to keep up with him. :D

This months post vacation goals are lacking. I'm struggling to keep up with the upper body weights (using EPIC) because my left shoulder is still causing problems. My last workout I had to quit at 75% and I haven't done anything since though I plan to tomorrow. I'd like to just get in a minimum of two EPICs per week. I read something recently about older people should lift weights for 20mins 3x per week. It may be that I can split the EPIC workouts into two sessions to get that since they usually end up being around 40mins.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited September 2022
    🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬
    🐳🐬 SEPTEMBER 🐬🐳
    🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬

Daily Solid Habits:
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    29 30
    1. My intention for September (This September I will...")
    For September, I am continuing to clear out an old filing cabinet
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Sort and declutter papers > 10 minutes.
    b) Store essential papers; shred/bin the rest
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit.
    Reminder on phone.
    4. How often am I doing my new September habit (daily is best if possible)
    Daily 🗑 or 🤦‍♀️
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🤦‍♀️🗑
    🗑🤦‍♀️🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🗑🗑
    Away for a long weekend
    29 30 31
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼 and 🗑
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September?
    An empty filing cabinet.

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy!!!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Hi all I haven't been as active on this group this month but have been doing really well with my habits... I think in previous months I tried to take on too many habits at once and I was able to stick to most of them but it was alot of pressure. I am in another group called UAC and I have made the Winner's Circle in that group for the first time in months and I think it's cause I'm in a good place, have settled in to working mum life and also hve not taken on too many goals and habits! Hope you are all doing well with your habits and I am all ready to go for the Building healthy habits October challenge!!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    edited September 2022
    Weekly report...
    Goals/ habits for September
    * Track honestly including w/e💖
    * Maintain weight 58 to 62 kg and build muscle 💖
    *Take measurements every 2 weeks thumbs 👇
    * Look for opportunities👇
    * De clutter 💖
    * In bed by 9pm! 💖
    * Focus on an attitude for gratitude💖

• donna25trinity
    77tes wrote: »
    @donna25trinity , on the decluttering, I found Dana K White’s book Decluttering at the Speed of Life as a great help on where to start. I borrowed the audiobook from the library.

Thank so much for the reccomendation @77tes and apologise that I hvent responded sooner!!! I will def read it as need all the help I can get! I did a fair bit of decluttering this month but have a big house and I do get sentimental about certain things so altho I hve done great I know I need to continue to make it an area of focus. I hve a bit if a bad habit of reshuffling and tidying areas instead of getting rid of stuff! Lol! Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Weekly report...
    Goals/ habits for September
    * Track honestly including w/e💖
    * Maintain weight 58 to 62 kg and build muscle 💖
    *Take measurements every 2 weeks thumbs 👇
    * Look for opportunities👇
    * De clutter 💖
    * In bed by 9pm! 💖
    * Focus on an attitude for gratitude💖

Hi @donna25trinity
    Congratulations on your month & transitioning successfully to working mum❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @MadisonMolly2017 I always set the treadmill to a 20min walk. This generally keeps my heart rate at just over 100. From what I read this is an ok range for someone of my age (63). My doctor said all of my numbers are good and that I'm quite fit (though I think she meant for my age even though she didn't say it).

Sometimes if I'm feeling energetic I'll add some incline or speed up temporarily but for the most part I'm happy with it and trying to walk longer distances would be as beneficial as speeding up. My partner walks extremely fast so when we walk outside I end up walking faster to keep up with him. :D

This months post vacation goals are lacking. I'm struggling to keep up with the upper body weights (using EPIC) because my left shoulder is still causing problems. My last workout I had to quit at 75% and I haven't done anything since though I plan to tomorrow. I'd like to just get in a minimum of two EPICs per week. I read something recently about older people should lift weights for 20mins 3x per week. It may be that I can split the EPIC workouts into two sessions to get that since they usually end
    up being around 40mins.

Hi @biketheworld
    That’s great regarding your fitness.
    I decided to walk 7K minimum (helps my heart, bones, stamina, reduces appetite, elevates mood & I ♥️ Nature.) And do the other 3K around the house. Supernatural May be over counting my steps I realized because I’m waving my arms like crazy lol
    Will have to figure that out.

With 4-5 weeks of beat saber & now Supernatural (MUCH better workout) I can feel the improvement in muscles & better posture. I
    Think I just need to add something for abdominals & I’ll have a good all over plan

So glad to be on this journey with you. My (previously broken & repaired) shoulder was acting up prior to Beat Saber - and I noticed I was carrying fewer heavy things. Decided I was too young for that 66 LOL this the shift from walking/hiking to more “cross training”

If my shoulder is still sore, I give it an extra day to recover & lengthen my walk.

xx

• MadisonMolly2017
    @themedalist
    Thank you so much for sharing how awesome Supernatural is!!!

I purchased a year, which is $15 or 50 cents a day! So worth it!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited September 2022
    🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬
    🐳🐬 SEPTEMBER 🐬🐳
    🐬🐳🐬🐙🐬🐳🐬

Daily Solid Habits:
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻
    1. My intention for September (This September I will...")
    For September, I am continuing to clear out an old filing cabinet
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Sort and declutter papers > 10 minutes.
    b) Store essential papers; shred/bin the rest
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit.
    Reminder on phone.
    4. How often am I doing my new September habit (daily is best if possible)
    Daily 🗑 or 🤦‍♀️
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑🤦‍♀️🗑
    🗑🤦‍♀️🗑🗑🗑🗑🗑
    🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🗑🗑
    Away for a long weekend
    🗑🗑
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼 and 🗑
    6. What help do you need from us?
    Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September?
    An empty filing cabinet.
    This is a marathon habit 😝 I have so much paper clutter that I am taking it forward into Oct.
    Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy!!!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,456 Member
    The end of another month hopefully October will be a more productive month for me but overall I am pleased with how Sept has gone now to continue to move ahead.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,680 Member
    @snowshoe072 , yay for September success, here’s to moving forward in October

I’m calling September a SMASHING SUCCESS! I exceeded my goal every week and am feeling more in love with fitness than I have for months.

Week 5 - My FALL IN LOVE WITH FITNESS reset Goal is 30 minutes each of cardio, strength, and yoga for the week
    Sept 25 - 🏃‍♀️27, 💪37, 🧘‍♀️15
    Sept 26 - 🏃‍♀️105,🧘‍♀️15. Hit my goal by Tuesday
    Sept 28 - 🏃‍♀️35, 💪37, 🧘‍♀️15
    Sept 29 - 🏃‍♀️ 60 , 🧘‍♀️20
    Sept 30 - 🏃‍♀️ 66, 🧘‍♀️15
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hi, all.

I am watching for the start of October, I Will .... but in the meantime I am to starting enter here at the end of September (why wait? 😅 )

For October, I have started a 28-Day Total Body Challenge through the Leap Fitness Group app (today is Day 3)

I am also setting up a Walk To Mordor (a la Froda and Sam in LOTR) cumulative-distance challenge. All the info (including tracking spreadsheet and lists of event-by-event mini-goals taken from the LOTR books) are available from the NerdFitness site. (eg. First campsite out of BagEnd is 18 miles - ?? miles from there to Farmer Maggot's field / meet Pippin and Merry - ?? miles from there to Encounter Black Rider etc etc etc) As the GRAND TOTAL There-and-Back-Again is ~1700 miles, I figure it will take all of 2023 (or more) to finish. BUT always a mini-milestone just ahead, so Oct is might be "Make It to Rivendale" (have to confirm milage required).
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,977 Member
    Pre tracking went quite well this month and I am going to keep at this habit. ♥️

Walking towards fall — not as much success so I am glad Walktober is on this month! 🍁☁️