"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Made several inquiries about getting my indoor fire sprinkler line repaired. Scheduled it for Thursday so I'll have to miss my morning class and clients.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chop and salad for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Looking forward to getting off early after morning shift and taking a nap.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Shrimp and rice for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    edited September 2022
    Tuesday

Cardio:
    Elliptical - 5km Hills (431 calories)

Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x20sec

Analysis: My wife had yet another medical procedure, so I took the day off from work to be there for her. Without the commute, I added cardio.

Food: Lunch - spicy peanut chicken with rice, Dinner - Taco Tuesday

Wednesday

Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x12,10,8
    Cable Pushdown 3x12

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Today was just a tad "off", lifting the same weights but having to stop a rep shy most sets.

Food: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - home grilled hamburgers

Fantasy Football: Gotta love FF sometimes. In one league I'm the top scoring team in the league, yet I'm 1-2 because the teams I face are having their best score of the year the week they face me. In another league I'm 0-3 (rightfully so, my team is lousy), yet I've outscored a team which has a 2-1 record.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Well I have to skip morning clients, class and yard duty because I'm having my fire sprinkler line repaired this morning. Ugh.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Terriyaki chicken and vegetables.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - One Hour (583 calories)

Analysis: First time having a conversation while on the elliptical, but when I got there the two people next to me were discussing leg day, specifically the lady telling the guy he needed to lift legs while he was reluctant. She wasn't getting anywhere with him until I piped up how my bench press jumped 20# when I added weekly squats to my regimen. I think this simple argument did more to convince him than 20 minutes of her haranguing him non-stop.

Food: Lunch - taco salad, Dinner - baked chicken with buttered egg noodles
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Finish off my work week with a good workout and run.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Popeye's chicken sandwich for dinner. Need to start getting back to more whole food eating as the holidays approach to get my weight down before the big fiasco's.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - One Hour (588 calories)

Analysis: Had a realization during my drive to work today. Some days after I'm up early to lift, during the hour+ commute to work I can find myself struggling to stay awake/alert unless I take a second dose of caffeine (my first is upon waking before hitting the gym). But on days I do cardio only I have yet to have that problem, even if I'm short sleep the night before. (It just makes it hard to get up in the first place.) Not sure if I should read anything into that or not.

Food: Lunch - leftover turkey with sweet potatoes, Dinner - ground hamburger with rice
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! New month and new aspiratations! Clean the house and grocery shop. Our leg extension machine has to be replaced because there's a crack in the supporting frame. Since Thursday, there's an "out of order" sign on it, but I'll use it today before members get in. One of the perks of being an employee I guess.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Beef fried rice and bok choy for dinner.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - 5km hills (432 calories)

Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x5
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Side Raise <superset> DB Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Curls <superset> EZ-Bar Extend 3x10

Analysis: Yep, this time was a LOT different than last week when I had zero days between chest and full-body day, and was generally fatigued throughout the workout. This week I last lifted on Wednesday, and despite doing cardio each of the last two days, today felt strong, as evidenced by getting the full 5 reps for all my deadlift sets, and a third set of shoulders/arms.

Analysis 2: I'm thinking I need to change up my cardio routine, though, at least my half-hour one. Lately I'm not even breathing hard nor is my heart rate breaking 120 until I'm over halfway through the routine. Am going to stick with the elliptical rather than running, but maybe my warmup is too gradual anymore, possibly showing my cardio is improving.

Food: Lunch - Little Caesar's pizza, Dinner - date night (probably a steak house)

Life: Sometimes my weekly grocery bill is pushing $400, but this week it was only $253, and if not for getting some laundry supplies it would have been well below $200. Having a house full of teenagers is not for the feint of heart, or wallet.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. No 9ers today so I'll turn in my recycling later for money and do some grocery shopping.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Ended up watching Iron Man 1 and 2 yesterday to kill off time and relax.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Was a busy weekend chore wise for me. At least my FFL team won. Later today I'm going to drop off recycle to get some extra cash.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. House of the Dragon was good and now we're seeing the inner struggle of the families to retain the right to power.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x60sec

Analysis: Killed it today, but then I had some angry energy to burn (see below).

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops with sautéed red potatoes, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)

Life: What an incredibly antagonizing weekend. Started off right Saturday morning (see my last post), but Saturday night I went to pick up my youngest daughter from the high school homecoming dance, and in the dark while trying to avoid hitting teenagers I ended up ramming into the concrete support around a lamp pole. In the middle of the parking lot, mind you. Who puts one there??? Flat tire, wrecked fender, embarrassment galore as teens come running up wondering if I'm ok, if I'd been drinking, didn't I see that pole there. *sigh* Then come Sunday morning after a terrible night sleep, my computer refuses to boot up for hours, forcing me to miss watching the first two rounds of games (we gave up cable to save $$$, but it sure adds aggravation at times). Then I "get" to watch my Broncos lose and all three division rivals all win. Yay. Wrap up the night with my wife telling me I can't take her truck to work today because she needs to take the girls to a medical appointment, so I get to text my boss and explain why I'm not gonna be present on a scheduled busy work day. So yeah, when I hit the gym this morning I was all kinds of bent out of shape and ready to throw some heavy iron around. Feel better after, too.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x60sec

Analysis: Killed it today, but then I had some angry energy to burn (see below).

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops with sautéed red potatoes, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)

Life: What an incredibly antagonizing weekend. Started off right Saturday morning (see my last post), but Saturday night I went to pick up my youngest daughter from the high school homecoming dance, and in the dark while trying to avoid hitting teenagers I ended up ramming into the concrete support around a lamp pole. In the middle of the parking lot, mind you. Who puts one there??? Flat tire, wrecked fender, embarrassment galore as teens come running up wondering if I'm ok, if I'd been drinking, didn't I see that pole there. *sigh* Then come Sunday morning after a terrible night sleep, my computer refuses to boot up for hours, forcing me to miss watching the first two rounds of games (we gave up cable to save $$$, but it sure adds aggravation at times). Then I "get" to watch my Broncos lose and all three division rivals all win. Yay. Wrap up the night with my wife telling me I can't take her truck to work today because she needs to take the girls to a medical appointment, so I get to text my boss and explain why I'm not gonna be present on a scheduled busy work day. So yeah, when I hit the gym this morning I was all kinds of bent out of shape and ready to throw some heavy iron around. Feel better after, too.

Sorry brother! Sometimes when crap hits the fan, it hits every blade. Only way is up from here!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Yes, we kicked the Lambs *kitten* again! I love beating the crap out of LA. And now we're in 1st in our division.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    edited October 2022
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x30sec

Analysis: I don't know why I resisted adding abdominal work for so long. Probably because of visions of endless crunches and bicycle kicks like my old military boot camp days. But I'm happy with my daily combination of abdominal weighted pulls paired with static holds to hit my abs from three sides, and maybe it's just my imagination, but I'm noticing the results in the mirror already, and my weights/times are steadily improving each week, all with only a few minutes dedicated per session. Some of my main lifts are also being helped IMHO, with my squats flowing smoother and my BB Row having jumped 30# in the last 3 weeks since I started incorporating ab work. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'll take it either way.

Food: Lunch - ground hamburger with rice, Dinner - chicken fajitas

Fantasy Football: Went 3-1 this week, giving me one team 4-0, another team 0-4, and a pair of 2-2's (one of them still league high scorer). (Note: my 0-4 team is still outscoring a team that's now 3-1.) My 4-0 team is #2 scoring in the league, facing the #1 scoring (also 4-0) for early division dominance this week.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Great start to the week and it's continuing.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Chicken sandwich and cole slaw for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x15,12,10
    Cable Pushdown 3x12

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Solid day.

Food: Lunch - spaghetti, Dinner - stir fried steak and rice
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. A little tired this morning. Hopefully class will pick me up a little.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Coconut curry chicken with rice. I haven't made this in awhile.
  • nossmf

Life: So I saw the mechanic about my car, he checked the bumper's safety (still bolted, not a danger to fall off even on the highway, just ugly looking) and the grinding noise I was hearing (the control arm for the tire is busted and grinding against the axle). Getting the drivability part fixed can begin the moment I have the money for it (hopefully soon), while getting the cosmetic part fixed can't even begin until late December, they're that back-logged. Am seriously thinking of NOT fixing the bumper, just leaving it as-is for a perpetual reminder to not drive stupid. (Plus to save $$$.)

Food: Lunch - sweet and sour chicken with rice, Dinner - sautéed sausage slices with veggies

Football: My Broncos play tonight, but not only is it on a channel I can't access, but my church choir practice is at the same time so I won't be able to listen over the radio or hit "refresh" on my phone. Guess I'll find out after all is said and done how we did. Should be a winnable game...but so far this year, we're only 2-2 in "winnable games."
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »

Life: So I saw the mechanic about my car, he checked the bumper's safety (still bolted, not a danger to fall off even on the highway, just ugly looking) and the grinding noise I was hearing (the control arm for the tire is busted and grinding against the axle). Getting the drivability part fixed can begin the moment I have the money for it (hopefully soon), while getting the cosmetic part fixed can't even begin until late December, they're that back-logged. Am seriously thinking of NOT fixing the bumper, just leaving it as-is for a perpetual reminder to not drive stupid. (Plus to save $$$.)

Food: Lunch - sweet and sour chicken with rice, Dinner - sautéed sausage slices with veggies

Football: My Broncos play tonight, but not only is it on a channel I can't access, but my church choir practice is at the same time so I won't be able to listen over the radio or hit "refresh" on my phone. Guess I'll find out after all is said and done how we did. Should be a winnable game...but so far this year, we're only 2-2 in "winnable games."
    Ouch. Bad loss.