WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Rori it's an Avazzia Med Sport. I'm working on my husband's face and took before pictures yesterday. I'll update in a week.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 32min 23sec, 24elev, 3.81ap, 117ahr, 158mhr, 6.18mi= 613c. *stopped by yard sale*
    Strava app = 757c
    Walk to store n back w/yogi- 26.18min, 1.40mi= 148c
    Strava app = 172c

Total cal 761
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lisa your daughter is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

🙏 Destiny 🙏

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited October 2022
    ❤️🍂🍁🍂 ❤️
    Thanks Barbie
    ❤️🍂🍁🍂❤️

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

Page 3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    edited October 2022
    Been taking a walk after dinner. However, yesterday (Fri) it was raining out so I just did one of the new Leslie Sansone DVD’s that I recently got. No work tomorrow so I get to exercise! The plan is to ride the recumbant bike (haven’t done that in a while), then do some of the Abs with Jackie DVD, then hopefully take a walk.

M – sorry about the skin cancer.

Karen – what a great birthday!

Pip – nice shower

katla – so happy for you that your husband is joining you

Do you know that they canceled school here? Vince's allergist closed early as did the vet’s office. Really, it wasn’t that bad at all.

Debbie – it would be great if your mom’s roommate took the job. I can’t believe what she’s done! (or not done)

pip – I like that jersey

Heather – happy birthday

Viv – so sorry about your bp. No, I don’t think you’re a bad friend.

Rosemarie – I think it’s a good idea to use the app to find a walking buddy. They are interested in walking so they’ll be more likely to want to do it all the time. I’d go for it

KJ – love you, girl. Always look forward to your posts. Vince doesn’t wear sunscreen, he doesn’t like the feel of it, either. Me? I keep Coppertone in business. I’m with you, a “wrinkle prevention”. It makes me sad to see older people with really wrinkly skin. I may be there one day but I’ll try me darndest not to get wrinkly

Melanie – welcome!

Lisa – your daughter’s smile says it all. She’s lovely

M – count me in on the “clean your plate” club

Rebecca – I agree. Listen to your body. If you don’t feel like eating, don’t

Karen – how wonderful of your president and CEO to go to the funeral

Debbie – prayers for Destiny. How horrible for someone so young

As for me: I’ve been working. Volunteered at the Green Room. Forgot that it was only seasons subscribers who could purchase tickets so didn’t have any calls. Volunteered at the soup table. Am making this ceramic pelican for a lady at the condo. Fortunately, I bought the white paint and I had black so I brought it home to paint. Just need to go Mon, touch it up, put a bit of black on the wings, and it’ll be ready to be fired.

Made crab cakes for us for during the week. Made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies. Did laundry and food shopping. Stopped to meet Newcomers at a lunch place but just had tea to drink since I needed to leave early to take Loki to the vet. If I really wanted, I know Vince would have taken Loki, but I didn’t want to stay real long. Pete’s birthday (Denise’s hubby) was Friday.

Jess called to say that she’d be here today but then she called to say that Colby had to work so they might come tomorrow. As much as I’d like to see her, I wouldn’t have a problem if she came next weekend. To drive 5 hrs to be here for a little over 5 hrs? But if she wants to, that’s fine. When she gets a spare bedroom set, we can go up there on a Sat. after my work and spend the night.

Was going to wash the rug where Lexi would poop and I KNEW I had rug cleaner. Seems Jess took it so she’ll bring it here. Cleaned three of the bathrooms, washed the floor (exciting stuff, huh?)

Lectored tonight. Did laundry since it was SUPPOSED to really rain. In the end, we got 1, 2” max, of rain. Walked down to Food Lion to get cookies that were on sale. Something Jess would eat. For some reason, she’d prefer a store-bought cookie over a homemade one.

Better run now. Know that you’re all in my thoughts and prayers all the time.

Oh, still no word on where we’ll be for ceramics come the end of October. The paint for the body of Mrs. Stewart (the snail for Jess and Colby) was supposed to come in Wed. so hope it’s here so I can finish that before ceramics closes.

Oh, went out to dinner with the Newcomers Wed. and then played "music bingo". I'm not a bingo person, but this was something different. Some of the songs I recognized and lots of them we sang to like YMCA, It's Raining Men, the theme song from the Beverly Hilbillies, theme from Gilligan's Island and the Flinstones, things like that.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited October 2022
    Thanks Barbie for starting us all off on the right path, month after month, year after year! I think I was with y'all during the difficult years, dealing with husband and his liver issues. I kept your inspiration in my back pocket when I had to drive from the Oregon coast to Portland for appointments or procedures. You all were my lifesaver and heck you have me as a friend for life. No doubt about it!💖👍🏻🤗
    I am feeling better. Slept fairly well last night. Heck, just saying I slept is quite an improvement! Still on chicken broth, a couple mugs a day and that's it. My abdomen isn't as sore and the Meta Mucil, and 80 oz of water is taking effect. Husband went out to get me my perscription of mirilax, so I will start taking that as well. Right now I can't really feel hunger but I will pay attention when I start. Concerned on exactly "what" I should actually eat. For those that don't know, the doctor stated my large intestines were impacted a bit. Oatmeal? Just soup and crackers or toast? I am kind of afraid of eating. (A sentence I thought would never come out of my mouth) 😂!
    Thinking all my work at my sisters, in temperatures warmer than I was used to, and not drinking enough water probably got me to this state.
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island Wa

As the others have said, first, give your system a rest. Don't eat until you're ready but keep consuming liquids and some salt. I have found soup broth nice for that.

Then personally, I would probably go with a higher fibre diet ... lots of fruit and veg ... and drinking 2-3 litres of water a day. Plus getting out and walking 30 minutes or more a day.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322150#prevention

1onbz1emfocw.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    I have to work on yogi’s eyes, gotta make them darker. Got another donation thx drkatiebug !!!!!! Just $50 more to reach my goal!!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    The very happiest of birthdays to yooouuu dear Heather!

Karen just saw the pic of Olivia and her mama. Catches my heart whenever I see that miracle baby so healthy and happy. Makes the Josephina Ballerina update that much more heart breaking. St. Jude, please!
    Lisa me2. “Glad to be here” is my standard reply to “How are you?” ;) ConVERYgratulations on leaving the obese category! Cause for rejoicing.
    KJ Halelujah and amen indeed! It IS a small miracle when our husbands decide it’s time to go see a doctor.
    Heather’s Edie’s take on your DDIL and cooking - priceless and so apt! Oh! That Autumn sprite!
    Tracey :love: Michaela’s tiara but most of all the unicorn jammies.
    Lisa my entertaining style is somewhere in between Machka’s and yours ;)
    Allie add my voice to those who advise that Kyle and Tracy need a better backup plan. Not just so you can enjoy your life, but in case you get sick what would they do? Tying you down until the little guy is in pre-school is not only not fair, it’s not practical.
    Annie ((hugs))
    Jean in NM (((hugs held extra long))) Such sudden, life-shattering losses so close together (((hugs)))
    Lanette Joe used to have a doormat that simply said “LEAVE”
    Allie hooray for posting Miles’ pics!
    Katla glad you’ve met some pleasant people and DH is improfing. Humming birds say “hi!”
    Rebecca :Love: the Athena pics and the video of you driving the tractor. Athena looks like a model for an orange juice commercial. If that tractort has a grader attachment could you drive it on down here? :laugh: Caught the tail end of a snippet on the news about a PFA contamination on Whidbey Island. Hope you and your Chief are not affected. Likewise hope to read in the following pages that you’ve had good medical care for that scary stomach pain. Only through Sept pg 63 but time to snooozzzze

Done:
    10/1: Move: 2 sets pt, dog group, stroll/chat with T, active mins:221 steps:7522
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: . CI<CO=841
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, one load laundry, 9 mins decluttering office.
    Wt:138.5 steady as she goes.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    October: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.