Shape Shifters Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
edited October 2022 in Social Groups
0jhwx14cfvdi.png
Here is your Team chat room for October 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs from October 2nd - 29th. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited October 2022
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?

Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Hello all!! So excited to get started! WI is on Wednesday so I will post then. Username is
    Terrimccrery
    Thanks for letting me join!!!
  • jessicakrall8
    @msashleybing Please update your steps from Sep 14 to Oct 1st. Thanks!
    @leni1us Please update your steps from Sep 22nd to Oct 1st. Thanks!
    @nataliewr0403 Please update your steps from Sep 24th to Oct 1st. Thanks!
    @khill875 Please advise your first name for the chart and your daily step goal. Thanks!
    All steppers, please update your steps for Week 4. Thanks!

Everyone has done an amazing job with their walking this month!! Very proud of each of you! So, how has it impacted your month? How do you feel? Any thoughts of your step goal for October?!!

b52i7vueun4p.jpg

Taking registration for the October Step Challenge! Remember to sign up again, adjust your daily step goal and share your favorite place to walk this time of year!! Hope you'll join us and "keep it moving!!"
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    wqnr45n8vcux.jpg
    Encouraging all my new members and current members alike...please make a new commitment to get more involved in supporting your team and being involved.

Here are a few suggestions:
    • Post more often!
    • Share your story!
    • Give us your challenges!
    • Share your triumphs!
    • Post your NSVs (non-scale victories)!
    • Ask a question once a week!
    • Share a weight loss tip!
    • Post your favorite recipe!
    • Take a pic on your latest walk and share it and why you found it interesting!
    • Share your thoughts on water intake, sugar-free drinks, etc.
    • Share your latest restaurant trip and how it helped or hurt your planning.
    • Give a recommendation for a new product you found at the grocery.
    • Talk about your favorite or newest workout.
    • Discuss your self-care routine.
    • Post an article you read which impacted you in some way.

I could do on and on, but know this...whatever you share, is probably something someone else needs to hear. AND, the more you contribute to the team, the more you'll reap in reward. I dare you to prove me wrong!

Enjoy your weekend! Good luck in October! Let's see what we can accomplish together!

• jessicakrall8
    8u5hq2lzw2zd.png
  • jessicakrall8
    ai5ycma18mvb.png
  • jessicakrall8
    6lxrclf6ujfz.png
  • jessicakrall8
    0t9ompibaic2.png
  • jessicakrall8
    j82v8baqrvk4.png

How will you SHIFT your SHAPE this month, Shape Shifter?

Jessica :smile:
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    @msashleybing Please update your steps from Sep 14 to Oct 1st. Thanks!
    @leni1us Please update your steps from Sep 22nd to Oct 1st. Thanks!
    @nataliewr0403 Please update your steps from Sep 24th to Oct 1st. Thanks!
    @khill875 Please advise your first name for the chart and your daily step goal. Thanks!
    All steppers, please update your steps for Week 4. Thanks!

Everyone has done an amazing job with their walking this month!! Very proud of each of you! So, how has it impacted your month? How do you feel? Any thoughts of your step goal for October?!!

b52i7vueun4p.jpg

Taking registration for the October Step Challenge! Remember to sign up again, adjust your daily step goal and share your favorite place to walk this time of year!! Hope you'll join us and "keep it moving!!"

Kaitlyn
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2022
    KHill875 wrote: »
    Kaitlyn

@KHill875
    And your daily step goal for October?
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    The October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sun, Oct 2nd. I hope you'll join us each day this week for Daily Journaling. It's something creative and a little different. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874984/october-week-1-group-challenge-daily-journal-prompts#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2022
    @PatriceFitnessPal What a beautiful picture! I'm assuming that was a sunrise...the colors are just glorious! Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited October 2022
    Thank you @jessicakrall8! That picture was taken at sunset but you’re right that we usually row early and see beautiful sunrises. I don’t practice in the evening too often but Georgetown has good energy at that time. I wouldn’t want to travel there daily because of heavy traffic and dealing with parking, but it’s nice to get out of my usual routine sometimes. There are lots of young people enjoying the river on paddle boards and kayaking, and it’s a pretty part of the river. I’ll post a few more pictures tomorrow. Happy Saturday!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    Hello Shape Shifters and welcome to the new members!
    My name is Laura and I live with my cat Tinus in a very small town in the Netherlands. I like to go for walks with my camera in the nearby National Park Dwingelderveld, I love reading fantasy books, singing, jigsaw puzzles, postcrossing and playing Flight Rising. Some other things I enjoy: tea, feeding the garden birds, incense, boardgames, cows, snow, walking my cat Tinus (got to keep him and the birds safe!), encyclopedias, astronomy & painting (badly).
    I seriously started my weight loss journey in October 2020 and by January this year I had done a decent job of losing weight. Sadly, the past 9 months I have been doing really bad. I pretty much had a non stop food party; eating whatever, whenever and as much as I felt like. I am still not really sure what caused me to lose control so badly and for so long, but it means I am currently back where I started. I was too afraid to weigh for several months so I have been on the support team for a while. Now I am ready to work on my health again, and hopefully, keep the weight off in the future.
    Highest weight April 2020: 247 lbs
    Weight January 2022: 195.3 lbs
    Current Weight: 244.7 lbs (yeah, it's not pretty)
    I hope everyone will have a great October with lots of small steps towards better health. <3
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    My final steps for last month:
    Sat 10/1: 6,684

I'd like to do the step challenge for October, keeping my daily step goal at 10,000.

Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

1wz4027px4gp.png
    za0jtqih8xhw.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tfcnz2qih7zb.png

By Pounds
    jcb23uvdznyf.png