Barcode scanner

can111
can111 Posts: 63 Member
Not happy they moved barcode scanner to premium!

Answers

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited October 2022
    I "get" what's happening but it's irrelevant to me so far.

When it's no longer irrelevant, then I'll consider other options which I certainty know exist.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ciao, baby! B)

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    edited October 2022
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    They can't even fix the notifications issue. Don't hold your breath.

Or the 'verified' entries in the database, reported this pearler a couple months ago now:

cwu74qmlurdu.png
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited October 2022
    yirara wrote: »
    Hmm. ok. I use the scanner every now and then and always remember why I should not: I always get wrong information, info in cups, from other countries, or completely different products. If the scanner gets me the right result 1 in 5 then I'm happy.

Same for me, but I'm guessing that's because we're not in the US (so less people populating the database in our countries). I've noticed differences in the quality of bar-code scan results when I travel abroad.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    edited October 2022
    Don't worry about it - you can enter all your foods manually and if you don't want to there are other apps with a free barcode scanner - don't sweat the small stuff 😁
  • paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Hmm. ok. I use the scanner every now and then and always remember why I should not: I always get wrong information, info in cups, from other countries, or completely different products. If the scanner gets me the right result 1 in 5 then I'm happy.

Same for me, but I'm guessing that's because we're not in the US (so less people populating the database in our countries). I've noticed differences in the quality of bar-code scan results when I travel abroad.

Agree with these posters - I rarely use it as more often than not it brings up the wrong product anyway.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lietchi wrote: »

Exactly. 👍
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited October 2022
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    They can't even fix the notifications issue. Don't hold your breath.

Or the 'verified' entries in the database, reported this pearler a couple months ago now:

cwu74qmlurdu.png

Exactly this is why premium is not worth it
This discussion has been closed.