TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited November 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.

Replies

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/01/22
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 7451
    Water: 80
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    10/2
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes - 2 mile walk & 45min strength with trainer
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Date: 10/02/22
    Steps : 8461
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I have been waiting for Jennifer to wake to see if she felt like sharing her weekend. She has been in a steady state of sleep for about 18 hours and counting. We have had one brief moment of lucidity. This can be an expected part of her healing. She did complain about some sensations that seemed to describe restless body. I was able to rule out anemia. What’s at play can be a number of things. I keep checking her vitals and she is okay just resting a little extra. We are trying to let her sleep when her body says that is what it needs. I will wake her soon to try and get her to eat something.
    From what I understand she had a great weekend. We enjoyed our breakfasts together. She wanted to try some solid foods and we learned donuts are not her thing but pancakes are okay. That light chewing did seem to aggravate her headaches. She was really happy to visit her dog! The ceiling above her bed is now full of beautiful butterflies hanging at different heights as if in flight. A gift from our mutual friend I imagine.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Monday

calories: under
    exercise: 6 minute walk (that’s all I could get in today 😩)

@JbeanR0212 I love you and am so proud of you! 🥰
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ajdvegan
    Week 1
    PW 149.9
    CW 151

Urgh. Too many indulgences recently.
    Have been feeling sorry for myself due to extreme sleep deprivation and rewarding myself with food and alcohol and it shows.
    Last night my baby only woke 5 times so I'm really hoping this sleep regression is on its way out.
    Feeling so bloated and sad. I hate how much impact a gain ok the scale has on my day. I try to convince myself it's simply a data point, but it's tough.

I think I need to join this mini accountability posts.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,493 Member
    Options
    Hi all 🙋‍♀️ it's going to be a busy couple of days but will try to get my introduction and the MUAC posts up soon. Keep up the great work! 🥰
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 3 October
    Track: no
    Under: 🤷‍♀️
    Exercise: yes

Gotta share my Win with you all. Yesterday was horrible, I almost quit my job. TWICE 😔. So after dinner it was dark, cold and rainy and all I wanted was to go to bed and sleep until this morning. BUT...I got changed and went down and rode my Peloton for 30 minutes. THEN I went to bed. 💤😴🛌

I'm still suffering the effects of my FAIL on Saturday when we went to the Mexican restaurant 🌮. Intended to have water and only a few chips with my meal. Two mucho margaritas and a basket later...😕.

But at least I didn't compound the problem. 😁

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
    We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
    - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
    - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
    - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
    Our weeks always start on Sunday so we started tracking . Sunday, October 2 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
    Krysless2
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    My name is Sue, and I am 62 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 2 grandbabies (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on for.ev.er. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge (you've probably figured that out LOL) and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶♀️

I have been on MFP for 10 years now and part of TBBT for a little over 2. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I officially hit my goal of 140 lbs last month but will probably revise it down a bit. It took me years (almost 20) to crack the 150 barrier so we’ll see.

My goal for September is to be lighter than I ended August. ⚖️ I don't care by how much, it all adds up. However, I WOULD like to lose a few more pounds. I am going to Hawaii in October so I need to start getting serious now. Can't wait until the October 1st and try to lose 10 pounds. LOL

More about me later, I just wanted to welcome everyone and say here's to another great month for TBBT!!! 🎉
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    • JbeanR0212
      Options
      Daily Post (Monday)
      Calories: no
      Exercise: no
      Goals/Day/Comments: Jennifer was awake long enough to eat a little something last night and then it was back to sleep. Her brain is insisting on rest and that is okay. Now that I’m an official early bird I get a break (smirk).

Lisa W.
      Home Care Aide
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      JbeanR0212 wrote: »
      Daily Post (Monday)
      Goals/Day/Comments: Jennifer was awake long enough to eat a little something last night and then it was back to sleep. Her brain is insisting on rest and that is okay. Now that I’m an official early bird I get a break (smirk).

Lisa W.
      Home Care Aide

Lisa 😂😂 on the early bird. Who knows, it might grow on you. 😉

Glad Jenn is getting the rest she needs.💕
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      Thi just in...

Today is NATIONAL VODKA DAY!!!

I plan on honoring this very special day.

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🥴
    • JbeanR0212
      Options
      Let’s see if I do this right @DaffyGirl88. Jennifer’s internal clock is set for 4. Her son gets himself up at 5:30 to get ready for school. He wakes his sister before he leaves and helps her pick out her clothes, brushes her hair and reminds her to brush her teeth. She has over an hour to read after he is picked up before her ride arrives. This house has a big team mentality. With the lights and commotion it’s hard to sleep. Plus someone should be up with the kids.

• murdog3t
      Options
      Date: 10/03/22
      Steps : 8731
      Goal for tomorrow: 20 min group class
    • mooreshelly09
      Options
      JbeanR0212 wrote: »
      Daily Post (Monday)

Lisa W.
      Home Care Aide

Thankful for the rest and improvements she is making. Love the pumpkin picture! Looks like fun. The early bird part may grow on you 😁 I am up at 4 every week day so that I can get in a shower and a cup of coffee with a little reading before I have to get my hubby up for work 🤣 Keeps my head straight so he can continue living 😂🤣😂🤪
    • mooreshelly09
      Options
      10/3
      under: yes
      exercise: yes - spin class
    • Tomsgal1985
      Tomsgal1985 Posts: 921 Member
      Options
      This is my first chance to post after Hurricane Ian. We are safe & well & very thankful. We never lost power. Amazing. Thank you, Lord. We are still without internet but I’m out running errands. Our access road is flooded in 3 places but we have managed to get in & out by God’s grace 🥰 I weighed 206.0 this morning.
    This discussion has been closed.