WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    edited October 2022
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka Skin cancer sucks. Surprised you have to wait til November for the biopsies, that your dermatologist didn’t take samples right then. Hope you have the option of Mohs surgery.

It is most likely Basal cell carcinoma. BCC often has no symptoms and tends to grow slowly without spreading to other parts of the body. The three spots haven't changed much in 2 years, so it's unlikely there's going to be a dramatic spread in the next month.
    https://www.cancer.org.au/cancer-information/types-of-cancer/non-melanoma-skin-cancer

Can you see the spot on my nose in this photo taken on September 9? That's how subtle these things are. It wasn't flaring up then.
    (And no, I'm not wearing makeup. :) )

i7o7fe7vl0pg.png

But a few days later, it did flare up. This one was taken on September 24.
    (And yes, I did dye my hair between September 9 and September 24. :) )

0s1yb1jgnfa9.jpg

It's eased off again now, and you'd barely know there is an issue. These things are sneaky.

Tomorrow (actually today as it’s after midnight) is our 35th wedding anniversary. We don’t go out to dinner to celebrate any more as we eat on such wildly different schedules (and don’t leave the dogs at home alone). Joe surprised me this morning by asking if I’d prefer flowers or $100. I said I’d like the $$ as I could spend part on some flowers and use the rest for a few bills. Then I asked what he’d like for his anniversary meal and he said Chinese. The restaurant is closed Mondays so we’ll have Chinese take out Tuesday mid-day. Like Heather‘s Johnny its often hard to get Joe to say what he wants. This has been a win-win-win and I feel most fortunate.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Happy Anniversary!! :heart:

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im fine after my 2 jabs,but will message my dr and ask if i should also get the pneumonia one,I dont want to have all these shots in me if not needed.. but with heart issues and having pneumonia once already I dont want to take chances.
    Well off to take care off the little guy..
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,295 Member
    BARBARA ~ HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY!
    h2nlb1wyiby6.png

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Barbara! <3:D<3

Lovely story, Karen. There is a lot of good in the world. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2022
    Barbara — Happy 35th Anniversary
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    Barbara and Joe - Happy Anniversary! <3

Betsy - (((HUGS)))) I haven't run across letters, but have come across special little items my DH had that I was surprised he saved. They evoke some serious laughing and misting up, and take me right back to happy times.

Happy to hear you have an appointment today with the eye doc to get some clarity about chlorine and your corrective lens.

Pip - great job on the plumbing, the doggie statue, the dog bed purchase and everything else going on at your end. Thank you for continually sharing the fun stuff in your life. ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    Rr
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka Skin cancer sucks. Surprised you have to wait til November for the biopsies, that your dermatologist didn’t take samples right then. Hope you have the option of Mohs surgery.

It is most likely Basal cell carcinoma. BCC often has no symptoms and tends to grow slowly without spreading to other parts of the body. The three spots haven't changed much in 2 years, so it's unlikely there's going to be a dramatic spread in the next month.
    https://www.cancer.org.au/cancer-information/types-of-cancer/non-melanoma-skin-cancer

Can you see the spot on my nose in this photo taken on September 9? That's how subtle these things are. It wasn't flaring up then.
    (And no, I'm not wearing makeup. :) )

i7o7fe7vl0pg.png

But a few days later, it did flare up. This one was taken on September 24.
    (And yes, I did dye my hair between September 9 and September 24. :) )

0s1yb1jgnfa9.jpg

It's eased off again now, and you'd barely know there is an issue. These things are sneaky.

Tomorrow (actually today as it’s after midnight) is our 35th wedding anniversary. We don’t go out to dinner to celebrate any more as we eat on such wildly different schedules (and don’t leave the dogs at home alone). Joe surprised me this morning by asking if I’d prefer flowers or $100. I said I’d like the $$ as I could spend part on some flowers and use the rest for a few bills. Then I asked what he’d like for his anniversary meal and he said Chinese. The restaurant is closed Mondays so we’ll have Chinese take out Tuesday mid-day. Like Heather‘s Johnny its often hard to get Joe to say what he wants. This has been a win-win-win and I feel most fortunate.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Happy Anniversary!! :heart:

I am having a spot on my nose checked and hopefully removed AGAIN Thursday- Everyone things I have a big dirt smudge on it and try to wipe it off. The doctor has removed it twice quite a few years ago but it has slowly come back and is bigger than it was the last time she took it off.
    DH has been bugging me to get it checked.
    Have to get a physical for our medical insurance now that he is considered active instead of retired because of the amount of hours he is working.
    First physical for me.
    Will also consult her about my asthma or what ever it is that is making it so I can't eat or drink anything cool/cold without extreme pain in my chest unless I drink hot tea with it.
    Will talk to her about my lack of weight loss even though I am exercising a lot and watching what I am eating- can show her the fitbit app this time.
    Going to address everything while there.

Going to start working in the garage, packing up the food into plastic containers. Have traps set all over but not catching anything- they are really getting bad this year. Haven't had a problem for quite a few years. Had a watermelon in there on the cement floor to keep it cool, went out and they had started to chew a whole in it- We store way too much food and need to cut back but have a hard time passing up the great deals plus the stuff we get when I help at the food program. Stuff we eat but just not as fast as we used to now that I only have one daycare girl instead of 3-4 or more and dh is at his mom's so much. Son still lives here but never know if he is going to eat what I cook or not.

Walk the wetlands at noon then zumba tonight. No more zumba at the park- it is too dark and the park is not lit.

Need to finish my tea then get some stuff done.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Barbara,. Happy Anniversary!!! t5302.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Betsy, That is totally sweet about the letters your husband saved. <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    B)<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited October 2022
    Barbara
    💞🥂Happy Anniversary🥂💞
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :)Barbara and Joe Happy Anniversary

:)Heather Happy Birthday

:) My outdoor job this week is washing the vinyl fence.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Debbie--Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Sounds like the roommate needs to go. Hope that can happen with not a lot of problems. Sending prayers for Destiny
    Katla--Hope DH is able to join you soon.
    Barbie--Thanks for keeping us going and starting the new month.
    Heather--Happy Birthday. Sounds like you have a nice day planned.
    Mary--Interesting about the TENS unit. I wonder if it would do anything for my bat wings.
    Lisa--Your daughter is a beautiful bride.
    Barbara & Joe -- Happy Anniversary. 35 years, that's great. Sounds like you both got what you wanted and that's a plus.
    Betsy--The letters sound like such a neat gift.
    Been interesting day at work. The computer system went down last evening at 10 pm and so we have no information on where patients are and sounds like it could be several days before they get it fixed. It is not just our hospital but state wide. The joys of computers.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    Tt
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) Thank you all for your gentle encouragement. I just made appointments for Jake and me with the dermatologist. We haven't been for a very long time and have been putting it off. There may or may not be something that needs treating, but we'll never know if we don't go.

<3 Barbie