WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Pip, How exciting! I have to admit to being envious. I have huge floaters and they can't be fixed until I have cataracts bad enough to operate on, so I am probably at least a decade from having clear vision. It's a little bit depressing. They say your brain adjusts, but mine did not, and I've been told it's because the floaters are so large. Both eyes.

Karen in Virginia

I have had floaters for a few years. Have had cataract surgery on both eyes and still have the floaters. My doctor said that they might go away, I might just get used to them and not notice them or, they will still be there and have to deal with them. Some days I don't notice them but right now, they are bothering me.
    I did not pay the extra $2000-3000 per eye to correct my vision so still wear glasses.My problem is almost 100% stignatism .

Debbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

To those who observe Yom Kippur, G'mar Hatimah Tovah.

Which reminds me, Rebecca--I've been thinking about you a lot and really hope your issues are resolving. I took both the medications you've been asked to use, and they weren't right for me, but I also know my gut is paradoxical at best in terms of how it reacts to most things (including those), which is why you didn't get a lot of advice from me.

Barbara AHMOD - Happy Anniversary to you and Joe!

The next injection in my hepatitis B vaccine series is this afternoon and will talk to them about getting the flu shot and a COVID booster. Pretty sure I'm eligible for the booster, and since I've been ill, I've been careful to get the flu shot each year. They're free to me through the VA, so I take advantage.

I am craving so many things right now I can't keep up with myself. Egg salad, cheese grits, french-fried onions, and my mother's burritos (1 pound of ground turkey browned and seasoned, add 1/2 jar of mild Walmart salsa and eat in a tortilla), just to name a few. I know the ground turkey burrito is comfort food, but the craving for the rest is a mystery. (they don't always go on the same plate). I always try to satisfy a craving, no matter how weird, because if I don't I'll eat everything else in sight and then eat what I was craving too...

Off to make my breakfast egg salad.

Love y'all!
    Later,
    Lisa

Looks like your body is asking for protein.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    So sad to hear that Loretta Lynn passed away ,but bless her heart she had survived a stroke and was 90 yrs old..
    She and Patsy are together again..
    Today would have been my dads 94th Birthday ,I know he is celebrating with my mom..
    Its a yucky rainy day.. but I did stop and pick up some broccoli cheddar soup for Tracy.. and she enjoyed that.. and I started some Christmas shopping.. got Miles a couple of toys.. and im going to order both kids name blankets.I think.
    Im just buying for my 2 kids ,the 2 grandkids,and Tom and Elena and maybe a couple little things for my girls here.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I’m looking forward for DH to join me at the apartment. I don’t know just when he will be here, likely in the next few days.
    🤞🏻
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    edited October 2022
    Pip: Good vibes for your eye op. 🥰 all your home care improvements.
    Betsy: I teared up reading about your hubby’s letters. Such precious memories.
    Barbara/Joe:
    🍾🥂Happy Anniversary 🥂🍾
    Machka: That’s so weird. I had a similar spot flare up on my nose about the same time, then it cleared up. and I have one on the side of my nose now! I’m thinking maybe I should have them checked out. I did have one removed about 20 years ago.
    Heather: I like the positive slant of praising what’s working in a relationship.
    Lanette: Absolutely love Joan Baez. Was hoping they were going to do vocals as well. Ah, well! Can’t have everything 😝

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • Katla49
    I am looking forward to DH coming to live in our apartment. I think he will move-in in a week or so. I hope it goes well and he will be comfortable.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    Pip: Good vibes for your eye op. 🥰 all your home care improvements.
    Betsy: I teared up reading about your hubby’s letters. Such precious memories.
    Barbara/Joe:
    🍾🥂Happy Anniversary 🥂🍾
    Machka: That’s so weird. I had a similar spot flare up on my nose about the same time, then it cleared up. and I have one on the side of my nose now! I’m thinking maybe I should have them checked out. I did have one removed about 20 years ago.
    Heather: I like the positive slant of praising what’s working in a relationship.
    Lanette: Absolutely love Joan Baez. Was hoping they were going to do vocals as well. Ah, well! Can’t have everything 😝

☘️ Terri

My spot has been flaring up then healing then flaring up then healing for at least 3 years ... before COVID. It flares up maybe 6 to 8 times a year, same spot every time, and almost completely heals each time. In the healed part of the cycle, if I look closely in a magnifying mirror I can just barely see where it is.

So in at least 3 years it has never completely fully healed.

At first I thought it was a recurring pimple. Then I started to get suspicious.

M in Oz
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Barbara yes that's the magic wand🪄
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    edited October 2022

Heather: 🥰 The birthday photos. I hope you bet your 🐁 sorted out quickly.
    Viv: I’m not a fan of dark evenings either.
    Machka: Both these spots have been healing up and recurring for a couple of years now. Like you I just thought they were pimples, but your post made me wonder otherwise.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,318 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sue in WA - I am so sorry the smoke is still lingering in your area. The air here in SW WA doesn't smell smokey but you can see a haze, and those of us with allergies are having a heck of a time.

It's unnaturally warm for early October. On one hand, I'm glad the daytime temperature is warm enough to not kick on the heater, but on the other hand, it's too warm to sleep unless I open the windows at night - then the house gets too cool, heater comes on, etc. etc. Being cautious, keeping the electric bill down. A little fan running in the bedroom helps.

Kim - how is your Mom's move coming along? I think about her sometimes and what her life will be like living closer to you if and when that happens.

Allie - Miles is too cute! Thank you for posting pix of him. :)

Debbie - so sorry to hear about Destiny. Sending prayers. Your mom's roommate situation is worrisome, hope that gal takes off with minimal hassle. I wonder what my life will be like in, say, ten years. Will I still be here and able to afford to live by myself? Would I be willing to share my house and give up my quiet space? Rori's solution sounds good with a roommate who has his own interests and is used to sharing a home. It's still early days, I'm not worried. Still keeping traveling nurses in the back of my mind.

A couple days ago I ran to town after lunch to deal with a Credit Union error (another case of a little bitty IRA CD being rolled into a non-IRA CD = taxable distribution. Their boo-boo and they fixed it!). I ran into one of my former favorite supervisors there, who has also since retired. We stood in the shade outside the building and yakked and reminisced for probably half an hour. He's a kick - we'll meet one of these days for coffee or lunch. NOT romantic! Just a friend. :) Another benefit of getting back out in the world and being able to do spontaneous things. :)

Facebook Messenger question: I'm curious. How many of you use Facebook Messenger as a primary way of communicating with people? I like that I can open it on my tablet and not have to also open FB and be bombarded with their ads. Seems like 99% of my friends prefer Messenger over texting and email.

That's a wrap. New gals - pop in!

Make it a fabulous Wednesday <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Katla49
    It is still dark this morning. and I am awake. I hope to go to the grocery store and stock up on my favorite cottage cheese and blueberries later today. I will go with my daughter when she is available.

I am hoping that my husband will be able to move in with me soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed for good luck.