WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk/slow jog w/yogi- 1hr 26min 2sec, 3.94ap, 45elev, 109ahr, 165mhr, 5.65mi= 555c
    Strava app = 692c
    Walk/jog home to eye appointment- 36.57min, 4.52ap, 9elev, 125ahr, 167mhr, 2.78mi= 298c
    Strava app = 341c
    Walk/slow jog eye appointment to home- 38.50min, 4.27ap, 25elev, 132ahr, 165mhr, 2.79mi= 305c
    Strava app = 342c

11.22 total miles

Total cal 1158
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Lisa - Any time you want to come spend 48 hours cleaning my oven I will be thrilled.

Kim
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH is ready to come home. He has been in a facility that has registered nurses. We hope that he will join me in our apartment. I am hoping that this will be a good situation. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying it will be good for us both.

Crossing my toes for you
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Katla and Pip - crossed fingers and toes!!! I'm going to ask Levi (my dog) to cross his paws!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited October 2022
    Carol: (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 for your sister. My sister eventually decided to stop treatment as it made her feel so sick. Each person makes their own choices.
    Lisa: I struggled for 3 years to get my oven door clean before I disassembled it and discovered there were 3 layers of glass, not 2. We have have a special pyrolytic function on the oven the DH uses regularly for the inside of the oven. I leave that to him. 😝 I deal with the outside.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Lanette looking forward to your Kefir starter and helping my gut cope! Thanks again!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I hope that DH will be able to live with me in our apartment. We’ve faced many challenges. I had a call from our daughter and hope we will be able to stay together.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Lanette looking forward to your Kefir starter and helping my gut cope! Thanks again!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Rebecca - you bet! Hope you like it. Tastes like rich and creamy buttermilk/yogurt to me when it's done its thing overnight. Slightly tangy. Very easy to make, add the starter to boiled and cooled milk, let it set out overnight covered with a towel or plastic wrap and by the next morning, it's ready.

To keep it going, I just add a few tablespoons of the already cultured kefir to the boiled and cooled milk, stir it in and it gets the next batch on the way. No need to use a new packet of starter every time.

I have 2 more starter packets if anyone is interested. PM me. ;)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    I am on Facebook mainly to keep in touch with the kids. I very seldom post, mostly reply to “happy Birthday” or “Happy Anniversary”. I feel like I really don’t have the time or the inclination to get involved in anything else.

Jess got a hamster so I got out of storage all our hamster things (tubes, water bottles, etc). Vince was NOT happy with me. The first box I found said “2 of 2”. Box 1 was the third box we put in the storage closet. So that meant I had to take everything (almost) out of the closet, then had to have Vince put it all back.

Just realized that I don’t have to go to the soup kitchen Fri since they have a group so that will mean that I can go to the gym

Stopped at Aldi to get spaghetti squash for Jess. I thought we were going to up to her place this weekend but the fair doesn’t start until NEXT Thurs, she thought it was this Thurs. Spaghetti squash is only 59 cents/pound. Well, what I got for her will keep for a week. Not sure if she’s planning she’ll come here this weekend. First stopped at Ollies where I had a 15% off coupon. Got a few things, not much.

Put chicken in the crock pot for us to have later in the week. I don’t use my crockpot very much at all. I’m curious as to how these will turn out

Wednesday at Newcomer bowling this one guy fell and broke his hip. He’s supposed to be having hip replacement surgery today

Carol – prayers for your sister. Yup, that about sums up retirement!

Ginny – so glad to hear your surgery went well

Allie – Miles is a real cutie!

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH is still at the care facility. We have had information that he will be coming home in the near future. I don’t know exactly when. The sooner, the better, in my opinion.

I know you want him home, but he still needs to be where he is so that he regains his health. Right now, they are giving him the care he needs. :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Wow you tired me out just reading all the moving and rearranging😁👍🏻! I bet they burned a bunch of calories though huh? Good on ya guy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    (Sipping on my protein shake)

Be sure to follow the protein shake up with lots of water and maybe something high in fibre like raw fruit or veg.