Share your Numbers

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    But really have chef salad has lots of carbs in it too just not the starchy quick to metabolize kind
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Perfect is the enemy of good enough and good enough is... good enough! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2022
    But really have chef salad has lots of carbs in it too just not the starchy quick to metabolize kind

? egg? cheese? "meat-like"? dressing? sound like mostly fats and proteins?
    Sure... tomatoes have carbs (39g per 1000g)! Potatoes also have carbs (179g per 1000g) :sunglasses: Not sure I would call them quick to metabolise. Even though they are starchy! My beets (just 410g) also had 39g of carbs and the same cal as the 1kg of tomatoes!
  • lauriekallis
    Good point... I guess I was thinking relatively..
    When I look at my micronutrients the veggies and fruit are my primary sources of carbs.... Hummus is a little bit heavier on the carb front.... And today I had those canned brown beans which have lots of carbs... I should have saved those for a bedtime snack 🙂
  • PAV8888
    Keep it to where it works though Laurie. Don't upset the applecart when it has finally started rolling :smile:
  • lauriekallis
    I will try very hard not to upset anything. The cart is rolling. The number will eventually fall into line :)
  • lauriekallis
    Up 2 kg this morning ... :( ... I'm blaming inflammation water retention - my knees are creaking today after an extra long walk and some living room dancing trying to get some cardio minutes. They are hard to get! lol. Really hope these 2 and a friend disappear before the weekend.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    edited October 2022
    Up 2 lbs. then down 3. Today up 3 overnight! I’m losing patience. I know bodies are weird but SERIOUSLY 😒.
    I was coasting along very stable and now weeks of weirdness. Got to figure out what has changed.
  • lauriekallis
    It is hard on the nerves. Yesterday I woke up 4.5 pounds heavier than the day before - after a reasonable day. We just have to stick to it, Yooly. These can't be fat gains.
  • Yoolypr
    It is hard on the nerves. Yesterday I woke up 4.5 pounds heavier than the day before - after a reasonable day. We just have to stick to it, Yooly. These can't be fat gains.

But, but it’s sooooo annoying. One day I eat carelessly and weigh less the next day. Then I am oh so careful and up 3 lbs. I know about salt, water weight, elimination etc. but still that’s a lot of variation.
    I’m going through kind of a “down” spell. Usually when the weather cools, I’m all energized. This year I just feel blah - maybe I’ll feel better after our vacation in a few weeks.
  • lauriekallis
    It wore me a bit thin tonight and I just ate about 1500 calories above my goal for today. :( maybe this is a refeed? :) Tomorrow is a new day. I highly doubt I'll be lighter this time - I know for certain I won't be weighing myself.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yikes!….my numbers are currently scaring me to death!….I am promising myself to “ come clean” and post them next week….I need to make myself accountable…..sorry to say, I am back in pretty sad shape…..my ankles, knees and hips are hurting….the extra pounds are literally killing me….I am wearing a night gown most of the day unless I go out….it’s too hot for make up and I feel awful….I am looking forward to getting back in the groove!
  • Yoolypr
    Hang in there Connie! Small steps and hopes for cooler days for both of us.

I’m still working on some poundage that came to visit and overstayed it’s welcome.
  • lauriekallis
    Try not to get down on yourself. Remember your success. You know how to do this - and you know you can. It's a whole new ballgame - and your going in with lots of expertise.
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 233 Member
    Start weight 231.4 July 1st 2022. Today 206.6
    I started this saying I’m not looking at the end goal I’m going to lose 5 lbs at a time.
  • lauriekallis
    Congratulations jjlbrick! That is a nice pace - how are you feeling?
  • lauriekallis
    So...that frustration I was feeling last week (at being the same weight after two weeks of decent caloric deficit) pushed me over the edge for a few days. Thanksgiving, and I think that package of oatmeal
    . Hmm. I did quite religiously track what I was eating though. Even when it felt too embarrassing to enter. I convinced myself it would be good to look back on, and that not posting it wasn't the same as not eating it (part of my brain almost believed it could fool "me" if I didn't acknowledge what I ate!)
    Anyway...here is my netcalorie report for the past seven days. I'm not going to weight myself for a few days at least, but it cannot be too terrible. I know the MFP and Fitbit numbers are off (at least at the moment they seem to be) but I'm still using them because they are there. And I'm glad for them because looking at this stops me from just going completely over the edge into a full out binge. (and I must say the pups have enjoyed the bedtime oatmeal treats :) ) Cross your fingers for me.
    x6285j4ce6na.png
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Every day brings a new challenge!….Aliyah ( grand daughter ) is home from school today and I took her with me to run some errands….teens like the radio so loud that you can’t think!…I managed to pick up Willows dog food and it had gone from $35 to $55….. WTH?….at least daughter will pay me back lol….came home and found out we will have to get a new fence as the one that blew down cant be saved….missed a call from my cousin also…fixed lunch….got things out for dinner….trying to decide if I will drag all the garbage out myself or bribe grandson to do it….anxiety is over the moon today but I am staying on track and eating what I should!
  • lauriekallis
    Keep on keeping on, Connie!
  • Yoolypr
    Headphones for the granddaughter? Guilt for grandson? Maybe cheaper food for doggie?

You have such a busy life Connie. No wonder you have anxiety!