Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    Salad, chicken leg quarter and potato lunch. But cereal, banana and yogurt this evening. I find that to be a dinner/dessert combo!
  • Tonight for us was carnitas.

I have eaten too much but I know why and at least I found him after he slipped his collar and left it attached to the leash in the yard. (sigh) He hops in the car without a problem, very pleased with himself. He's a stinker sometimes.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Uh oh!🤯

Good result! 😛
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2022
    Had 100g cooked onionny chargrilled burgers delivered with 64g pita and 295g tomatoes and a half lemon! That's downstairsurprisedishes, not Skip! 🙀🤯🥺😍

(Skip the dishes is a, so far, Canadian only version of Door Dash or Uber food delivery)
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    I like that dinner combo occasionally too, Yooly. But usually with blueberries and walnuts :)
    Glad the stinker is agreeable about coming home - once you find him, Alexandra.
    Sounds pretty wonderful, PAV. DSD! The ultimate food delivery service <3
  • It's not that he wants to run away as much as he wants to just put his nose down and smell all the smells and go and go and smell and go. We're going to get a new fence for the back yard so that he can wander our yard at least without us worrying.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    I have to do it this was so I can at least track what I am eating. Especially to maybe figure out what has been causing my stomach/digestive problems. I don't have a doctor here yet so it is all me.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bagel with cream cheese
    Snack: Pineapple
    Lunch: Not 100% sure yet as it depends on when I get hungry
    Snack: Honeydew or maybe some popcorn (depends on what happens at lunch if I even need a snack)
    Dinner: Steak, baked potato, zucchini
    Snack: Either a nice piece of chocolate or an ice cream bar
  • Athijade
    Athijade wrote: »
    Lunch: Not 100% sure yet as it depends on when I get hungry

Ended up ordering some Ramen in. Some slurpy soupy noodles just sounded perfect. And they were. It was SO good.
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Had some ramen 🍲myself today. Half of one of those dry pack things doctored up with frozen peas and diced 🐔chicken. Tossed in some hot sauce for good measure.

Banana 🍌for dessert. Yes I was a lazy cook today.
  • PAV8888
    You can always add bunnies to ramen to fluff them up for few calories 😘
  • Athijade
    I have no idea what I am going to do for dinner. I really won't want the curry I had planned (I am way too tired and will make it tomorrow instead). What I WANT is pasta, but I don't have any in the apartment since I am still stocking the pantry. But I also know I shouldn't order in because my credit card is crying from the move. I have a frozen lasagna that I most likely will make plus nuke some frozen broccoli. I also have some nice whole grain bread I need to eat. It just doesn't SOUND good though you know.
  • Yoolypr
    I guess what I’m saying is that making meals memorable- an small daily event- might go a long way in making even the humblest efforts more satisfying. I’m going to try harder to do this!
  • lauriekallis
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Why do your meals always look like magazine ads? While mine are always reminiscent of refugee camps? 🫣...

Love this Yooly - and I feel the same. Many times the meals I make for myself look horrible - even if they are good on the nutrition/taste front. I agree with everything you wrote about this.

Fast healing to you, Dante!

• Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    No fire pits here and you would be arrested! 👮🏻‍♂️ Burn bans everywhere because of drought and zero rain in over 35 days. Pretty crunchy out there again.

So all roasting will be indoors. Roasted potatoes 🥔 sound wonderful. I may do mine in the oven in a tribute to local boy Willie Nelson turning 90 next April.
  • lauriekallis
    It is chilly and damp to the point of almost feeling wet here....a fire will be safe and feel fantastic! Maybe we'll celebrate Willie's 90th with another fire come April :)

I hope some rain comes your way soon.
  • PAV8888
    Dante +19C and chili?????🙀🙀🙀

Get well soon please! Awesome soup!

• Yoolypr
    Hey now! 19C is definitely soup weather. I’m thinking it’s fall weather at 31C (89F). It’s all relative.