What's your FIRST memory

nossmf
nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
Science says, on average, the earliest permanent memory for most people occurs around age 4...everything before that is forgotten, or so badly blurred that you can't accurately place a date, location, etc. Some few people can remember younger than that...my adult son can recall clearly an event from when he was age two.

What is your earliest memory you can clearly remember?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Wearing a cloth diaper, walking down a dim hall and seeing my parents boxing by the light of the tv.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    My earliest memory I can clearly place is when I was age 4, the day my parents brought my baby brother home from the hospital after being born. We were all standing around his crib, looking at this tiny squirming thing, while my mother tried unsuccessfully to explain to me how I once was that small and helpless, which was absurd because I was clearly almost a grown-up.
  • __Tams__
    __Tams__ Posts: 36 Member
    I remember when I was aged 2, my parents took me to a fairground and I banged my head on a ride. I can clearly remember at aged 3 the day my brother was born, my Nan bought me a new doll before we went to the hospital to meet him.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    My brother and I used to crawl up on the side of my crib and dive down into it. We broke it. I remember mom telling me I would have to sleep in a big bed now, no more crib. I don’t remember my first night in a big bed.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Being in the ER getting stitches in my head. I was attacked by the neighbor's German Shepherd while riding my bike. Had to be around 7. My long and short term memory is *kitten*!
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,189 Member
    I remember being in a crib, and playing with a busy box. Looking in the mirror, pressing a button, seeing some kind of candy striped thing. Very young.

Many say that's impossible, but I know what I know.
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2022
    Being in the ER getting stitches in my head. I was attacked by the neighbor's German Shepherd while riding my bike. Had to be around 7. My long and short term memory is *kitten*!

Oh snap. My first memory is getting stitches in my forehead, although no dog mauling for me. I was 3 and I slipped over next to a swimming pool and cut my head.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,165 Member
    I think I was 3 or maybe 2 when we went to Florida. I was terrified of the pirates ride, loved it's a small world and had awesome fruit salad with my mom while my dad and brother swam