CW: 152.9 (loss 0.5 lbs)
    LTD: 116.1
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member

Friday Weigh in!

chrissyinbloom
    PW 222.0
    CW 220.4

I'm having a hard time in the afternoons. I get tired and lose concentration in the afternoon, which has me turning to snacks for a little pick me up. How do you all combat the afternoon slump?
    Thanks!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    I actually plan my entire day ahead of time including snacks for those times
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Friday Weigh in!

chrissyinbloom
    PW 222.0
    CW 220.4

I'm having a hard time in the afternoons. I get tired and lose concentration in the afternoon, which has me turning to snacks for a little pick me up. How do you all combat the afternoon slump?
    Thanks!

Fantastic loss! A planned snack for that time sounds like a great idea.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    SW (9/1/2020): 194
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 153
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    rwood566
    weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 234.0
    CW: 233.4 -0.6 LB
    ups and downs but consistant. slowly climbing trend so i need to work a tad on it.
  • rwood566
    Friday Weigh in!

chrissyinbloom
    PW 222.0
    CW 220.4

Thanks!

i will usually take a short nap, if possible, a healthy snack, like an apple or orange, or go for a short walk, since i do my long walks in the mornings.
  • rwood566
    good evening all. time for another weekend. i hope you all stayed the course during the week.
    check in for 10/7:
    steps: 8139. will get a bit more when i pick up the kid from work.
    calories: 2550. did well on snacking for first half then fell apart. trying to modify my snacks to cut down on sugar.
    exercise: gym - 9 machines and 10 minutes bike, moderate intensity. started getting pain behind the knee so i called a halt. went on a walk for 18 minutes afterwards without the pain. played pickleball for 45 minutes later in the morning.
  • JR50Fit
    JR50Fit Posts: 36 Member
    Steps
    October 3- 12,916
    October 4- 13,512
    October 5- 16,706
    October 6- 13,141
    October 7- 15,824

This week goals: (so far)
    1: Prep and Plan meals ✅
    2: Run x4 -mon/tues
    3: Strength x3 - mon/ tues/ fri
    4: Close all my circles on my Apple Watch✅
  • rwood566
    ok. on the laptop so i can type faster. rental from hell is now stable, hopefully.
    i took my car in for some repair work due to an accident last april. i got a rental car thru my insurance. it got off to a bad start when the driver who came to pick me up left without me. the car repair place had to call to get him back. they couldn't find my reservation, which they had in their system for 3 weeks and i had personally confirmed the day before. that took 20 minutes to straighten out. they only had an suv for me, which was at a higher rate than my insurance would pay so i got stuck paying $5/day plus taxes extra. after i drove it off the lot i turned on the ac and got blasted with massive cigarette smoke. it was so bad my eyes were burning and throat felt like it was closing up. daughter and i wound up wiping down the uppolstery and using fabreeze on the carpets, getting some air fresheners and leaving the ac off and windows open. it slowly got better after that hour of work. we went to a movie that night and found it almost impossible to drive home due to crud buildup on the inside of the windshield. the next morning we cleaned all of the windows, another 30 minutes of work, and found out we didn't have any windshield wiper blades. someone had sliced them off. i took the suv back and all they had was a small minivan with body damage. i kept this suv and worked with the car company and an auto parts store they have a contract with to get the wipers. started it on wednesday, had to wait until thursday morning before they got the approval from the car rental company, but the wipers were wrong, so they had to order new wipers from the dealership. those came in at noon friday, but were also the wrong ones. at this time i had put over 4 hours of my family's time, effort, and miles into getting this rental right. i couldn't put any more time into it since it's supposed to rain this weekend. i traded it in for another suv this afternoon. i have already spent 20 minutes cleaning the windows.
    in short, lots of stress build-up where i anticipated no problems. my eating and sleeping has taken a hit since tuesday. i am hoping everything settles down over the weekend. i may be getting my car back next thursday, hopefully. please please please. sorry if this is TMI.
  • I forgot to submit my weight yesterday, mind busy on other things. I had went to an 'away day' at work with 'team building' exercises it was hideous 😖
    Anyway my weight has stayed the same but its better than gaining

PW-162
    CW-162

Hope everyone has a good weekend, ill be recovering from the horror of the away day ☺️
  • lindamtuck2018
    @rwood566
    Not at all. Sorry you are going through all this. Stress is a big factor in weight loss/maintenance for some of us. Crossing my fingers that you get your car back next week.

@Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Great job staying the same especially after your horrible day.

@Bluetail6
    Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps:
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    October badge: Coming soon

Have a great Saturday all!

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Username jpedno
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.6

Im excited to be in the 140s but when I first stepped on the scale it said 150.6. I did not like that answer so I turned off and on scale and tried again. 3x in a row after that I got 149.6. now let's see if I can keep it in the 140s next week.

I'll post steps later-
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Steps:

Missing your steps for 10/7
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    I definitely went through that in July. The mind was willing but the body wasn't
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps:

Missing your steps for 10/7

Ha ha! I totally forgot to add the steps. Definitely, a senior moment. October 7th: 10,210
  • lindamtuck2018
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Username jpedno
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.6

Im excited to be in the 140s but when I first stepped on the scale it said 150.6. I did not like that answer so I turned off and on scale and tried again. 3x in a row after that I got 149.6. now let's see if I can keep it in the 140s next week.

I'll post steps later-

Congrats on a new decade.

laura9400 wrote: »
    PW:186
    CW:186

Sick with COVID, not horribly sick, but frustrated

Feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.