Let me know you a little better

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited September 2022
    nossmf wrote: »
    Reminds me of my childhood: early reader, articulate, disorganized, never had to do homework, barely had to study, then when *kitten* got hard lacked the discipline to do the work. I’ve spent years unlearning it.

Ditto. High school valedictorian, perfect grades, no effort. First semester of college I treated class the same way, until I got that mid-term report card: 1.8 GPA, including failing my favorite class. Total wake up call. (Luckily this was mid-term...by end of term I'd pulled that 1.8 to 3.6 and never looked back.)
    When I started college I was a severely depressed 17-year-old and I chose to sleep on park benches in 30° weather rather than go to class. Luckily I started getting my *kitten* together by moving out when I was 18, living in my own apartment, and earning my own money. Different paths but still good endings 😁
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Reminds me of my childhood: early reader, articulate, disorganized, never had to do homework, barely had to study, then when *kitten* got hard lacked the discipline to do the work. I’ve spent years unlearning it.

Ditto. High school valedictorian, perfect grades, no effort. First semester of college I treated class the same way, until I got that mid-term report card: 1.8 GPA, including failing my favorite class. Total wake up call. (Luckily this was mid-term...by end of term I'd pulled that 1.8 to 3.6 and never looked back.)
    When I started college I was a severely depressed 17-year-old and I chose to sleep on park benches in 30° weather rather than go to class. Luckily I started getting my *kitten* together by moving out when I was 18, living in my own apartment, and earning my own money. Different paths but still good endings 😁

i dropped out of high school but it all worked out

• TwitchyMagee

i dropped out of high school but it all worked out

Life’s been good to us. Feels weird to say that but yeah

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    edited September 2022
    If I see someone cry I automatically cry too, like I can feel their emotions.

Sometimes I wish I could have surgery to remove my tear ducts
  • TwitchyMagee

I think if you had them replaced with tiny flamethrowers, instead of being removed, that would be pretty *kitten* sweet

You always think of the best body modifications
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,041 Member
    If I knew what I know no

I think if you had them replaced with tiny flamethrowers, instead of being removed, that would be pretty *kitten* sweet

but if she goes that route she’ll want to consider the eyebrows _ maybe permanent tattooed eyebrows or do they make a flame retardant eyebrow balm of sorts ?? In case she’d like to keep the natural look
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member

Now that would be cool
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited September 2022
    Some times of the day, I think of myself as funny, cute, genuine, accomplished, stylish, self-aware, loyal, smart and happy.

Other times of the day, I see myself as cold, weird, insecure, old, fat, damaged, immature, superficial, dumb, mean, creepy and a failure

But I am working on it and getting better every day :)

FWIW, I don't know you, but from what I've seen of your posts, you're comfortably the funniest person on MFP. Never change that.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    Some times of the day, I think of myself as funny, cute, genuine, accomplished, stylish, self-aware, loyal, smart and happy.

Other times of the day, I see myself as cold, weird, insecure, old, fat, damaged, immature, superficial, dumb, mean, creepy and a failure

But I am working on it and getting better every day :)

FWIW, I don't know you, but from what I've seen of your posts, you're comfortably the funniest person on MFP. Never change that.

What a nice compliment, thank you. I’ll try :)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    I no longer give a rat’s *** about football.
  • cowsfan12
    I no longer give a rat’s *** about football.

Not a good day for the boomers
  • cowsfan12
    I think sometimes online, people forget how old I am and what that means.
    I’m 61, was a teenager in the 1970s.
    I packed a lot of party in those years, all my friends did.
    I’m so glad I had so much fun and was lucky enough to get through it without any serious problems.
    I’ve been around the block a few times. 🤣 js

Ha - I woulda been the kid sneaking beers from your parties lol - what I did with my parents and aunts and uncles - but by the time I was 13 my uncles just gave me the beers 🍻

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I think sometimes online, people forget how old I am and what that means.
    I’m 61, was a teenager in the 1970s.
    I packed a lot of party in those years, all my friends did.
    I’m so glad I had so much fun and was lucky enough to get through it without any serious problems.
    I’ve been around the block a few times. 🤣 js

Ha - I woulda been the kid sneaking beers from your parties lol - what I did with my parents and aunts and uncles - but by the time I was 13 my uncles just gave me the beers 🍻

When I was little my dad would have me sneak him a beer (Schlitz) when my mom wasn’t looking.
    He always gave me the first sip. 😂
    I love the taste of beer.

• TwitchyMagee
    I used to believe that whenever possible everyone should own a navy suit (for interviews, etc) and a black suit (for funerals). I haven’t had a suit that fits me properly since my oldest was born almost 18 years ago and I’m not in a hurry to do anything about that.
  • cowsfan12
    I used to believe that whenever possible everyone should own a navy suit (for interviews, etc) and a black suit (for funerals). I haven’t had a suit that fits me properly since my oldest was born almost 18 years ago and I’m not in a hurry to do anything about that.

I’ve never owned a suit as an adult 🤷‍♂️