What irks you today?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,188 Member
    The in laws. Apparently they're feeling left out of our whole new house excitement. I guess having them over for Thanksgiving less than a week after moving in isn't enough? I don't recall them offering help or the sister in law offering a congrats message. I get that in her mind the world revolves around her miserable self (she has spent many family dinners sulking and not saying a word) but I dunno my friends who helped offered! Most of my friends offered help in fact
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2022
    No one ever recognizes me for my poetry

Well ackshually, I thought the freestyle you dropped the other day 'The only thing more annoying than people complaining' is up there with classic bangers such as 'How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?'
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2022
    The in laws. Apparently they're feeling left out of our whole new house excitement. I guess having them over for Thanksgiving less than a week after moving in isn't enough? I don't recall them offering help or the sister in law offering a congrats message. I get that in her mind the world revolves around her miserable self (she has spent many family dinners sulking and not saying a word) but I dunno my friends who helped offered! Most of my friends offered help in fact

I mean, as far as 'things to feel left out about' go, I can't see 'other people moving house' as being particularly high up the list. Unless you threw a housewarming party and didn't invite them or something.
  • Alinouveau2
    _Dan1985 wrote: »

I mean, as far as 'things to feel left out about' go, I can't see 'other people moving house' as being particularly high up the list. Unless you threw a housewarming party and didn't invite them or something.

We're hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow so they can come see the house!!!! We had the movers move us in on Wednesday.

I swear the bother in law chooses the most neurotic women. We are partly hosting because when invited to theirs you're given 2 hours and never made to feel very welcome.

And the house warming is the driver Saturday in November and everyone is invited! We had 70 people once to an open house party at our tiny old house....we think we can totally way out do that 😂🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

We're hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow so they can come see the house!!!! We had the movers move us in on Wednesday.

I swear the bother in law chooses the most neurotic women. We are partly hosting because when invited to theirs you're given 2 hours and never made to feel very welcome.

And the house warming is the driver Saturday in November and everyone is invited! We had 70 people once to an open house party at our tiny old house....we think we can totally way out do that 😂🤣

Wait. 2 hours to be in and out? Sounds like heaven!

But, yeah, you're not cooking, are you? You need a break!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Waking up with a headache. We have our annual witches on the river event today. I have paddling to do. 😉🧙

I googled and this looks hilarious lol. hope your headache goes away asap

cf896bbb47213f0e929e998c29d58f25.jpg
  • Alinouveau2
    edited October 2022
    glassyo wrote: »

Wait. 2 hours to be in and out? Sounds like heaven!

But, yeah, you're not cooking, are you? You need a break!

Or course I'm cooking haha. Gotta get up and make some dough for rolls, then some tarts. Then try to find a cord for a tv hubs thinks he threw out yesterday

And really 2 hours with these idiots is enough, heck 2 minutes. But we're just used to having friends who come and stay all day. Like in many occasions we've done the, shall we get you an Uber...so the start and end times are weird
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Waking up with a headache. We have our annual witches on the river event today. I have paddling to do. 😉🧙

I googled and this looks hilarious lol. hope your headache goes away asap

cf896bbb47213f0e929e998c29d58f25.jpg

Thanks. It is definitely a good time. The locals come out on their piers, and along the bridge to watch us. A witch passes out candy to the spectators. Ends with a party at my mom’s. Lots of laughs, and shenanigans.

sounds so much fun, I am jealous!
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    d2pwaul24eqw.jpeg
  • OpheliaCooter
    iq5b8pg8jbsu.jpeg
  • OpheliaCooter
    Sorry everyone, I thought I was posting in the meme thread not irks
  • glassyo
    The battery is about to burst on my cell so I bought a new phone that should be here by Monday but then I bought a cheaper phone that would get here today to use in the interrum. It's like 4 stops away and will probably get here right when I leave for my evening walk.

And the reviews REALLY suck for this phone.
  • glassyo
    Or not. 1 stop away!
  • glassyo
    Got the phone I impulsively bought to get me through the week set up and it's Android One and I have no idea some of the commands and swipes to do things. It's not intuitive at all.

I'm not sure about the lag issues because I haven't done the pandora/tumblr test that ended up being a problem with my swollen battery phone.

And a 6.5 inch screen isn't as big as it sounds!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    I'm irked that I forgot one converse in my hotel room. Now I'm back home with only 1 shoe😅 I always forget something

I’m so sorry, that sucks!
    You need to take me along.
    I am totally freaky about checking and re-checking to be sure I have everything.
    I think it might be a compulsion. 😂
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,698 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm irked that I forgot one converse in my hotel room. Now I'm back home with only 1 shoe😅 I always forget something
    While I've gotten better and never forgotten a shoe, I can relate to this. Over the years I've left my round brush, my makeup mirror, my phone charger, a pair of earrings (I got those back!) and my favorite black fleece...
  • __Tams__
    __Tams__ Posts: 36 Member
    I'm so annoyed and now can't sleep. Someone has broke into my garden and stole my sons bike 🤬
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    __Tams__ wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed and now can't sleep. Someone has broke into my garden and stole my sons bike 🤬

So sorry!
    Happened several times here.