WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lisa: I’ll set my soapbox beside yours. 😝 The official medical recommendations in UK has always been for all liquids. My doctor recommended checking your pee. If it was pale, then you were getting enough liquids. If it was dark and pungent, you needed more.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Rebecca- Someone else mentioned that our children go through a period of pulling away- then coming back. I have to agree with this. Maybe your DYS feels he has something to prove to himself and/or others. I remember feeling that way, and I pulled away from my family. I went a year without contacting my family while I was in Mexico. When I returned home, I married and then pulled away by not attending any family events and rarely visited my parents (though I lived less than five miles from them). Then they died. There was no time for me to "go back". I regret those choices I made to "prove that I could do things on my own". Not sure who I needed to prove that to, as I spent the rest of my life doing things "on my own" without parent input. All I can say, it is not a fun way to live/learn.
    Water/liquids- I keep an eye on my health, by keeping on eye on my urine and bms. WEird and gross; but it works.
    Kids arriving. Gotta fly. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    edited October 2022
    M Is there a way to add good fats to diet? Fish, flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut oil...After listening to the raw food diet for dogs it reminded me how important good fats are for my brain and my health. All fats are not created equal. The talks also opened my do to eyes to what cooking can do to fats.

I still am trying to minimize added sugars and starches from my diet.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Rosemarie - DH does not enjoy dancing, but he males the effort for me. The cruises used to have two 'gentleman host' roving partners, so I got a lot of dancing in, but covid has stopped that. I am very much better than DH, so it is a bit frustrating, but I appreciate his efforts. We go to all the classes and one year got a Most Improved Couple prize!!! :p

We drove this morning to the racecourse to get our boosters. It's modified for Omicron. It's my 4th jab and DH'S 5th, plus we had covid in July!! So glad that's done. It is an absolutely glorious autumn day here.
    Then we put a new battery in the doorbell. Didn't work. I fiddled around with the plug in receiver, but nothing. We could hear a very faint chime when at the door. Then I realised we must be hearing the one on the top floor, so I went to get it down and plugged it into the hall socket. Works perfectly! So it was something wrong with the downstairs chimer, so it's now in the bin. :D
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Happy late birthday Rosemarie!

It's a lovely sunny day here but all I want to do is go back to sleep. I woke up a lot last night. I have a medical appointment on Thursday that is probably nothing, but you never know. It looks like I will have to drive on the interstate in the rain to get there. Oh well time to let the sunshine in and turn the radio on and see if that gets me going.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    Karen ~ Big hugs for you! You certainly have a lot to deal with!

Carol in GA

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Carol - Thank you for the hugs, they are most welcome! I am amazed, I have to say, at the level of satisfaction and happiness that I am feeling even though the task seems never-ending. I have become philosophical about the whole project, have discarded the feeling of desperation in the pit of my stomach, and find myself eager to start each day and see what I can accomplish. It's working for me.

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Karen, You are also now a resource for others! We each find ourselves with something at some time that needs to be moved on and I can tell you that I'll be reaching out on how to pass on _______ or who did you find that takes __________!

smiles Kim in N. California
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,750 Member
    ]
    jam0525 wrote: »
    Thanks Barbie!

I was the hostess for 40 women from all over the country coming in to see the balloon fiesta from September 29 until October 9. I ate out too much. But, we got everyone to see the balloons as much as they wanted to. The women’s camping group I belong to is called Sisters on the Fly.

Now, I’m back on my strict diet or I should say lifestyle change plan. The scale only bumped up 2 pounds and I’m grateful it wasn’t more.

Jeannie in Edgewood New Mexico.

I see those balloons on the news each morning and wish I could see them in person. Must be an awesome sight! I don’t know if I could handle the crowds though. Do they fly over your home Jeanie?

At the laundromat right now. Not my favorite but a necessary task.

On drinking liquids- I drink a lot of water. 3-4 16 Oz bottles of water a day, decaf coffee or tea for breakfast, flavored sparkling water 16-20 Oz) at lunch and sometimes tea before bed. And when I’m drinking 6-7 12 Oz cans of hard seltzer on top of everything else. I’m always thirsty. Has a lot to do with medications I take, also causing dry mouth. I am not diabetic, just always thirsty!

RvRita in dry Roswell
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    Well post office was $39 for both boxes! Christmas boxes will be the "if it fits, it ships" boxes, cheaper. Halloween candy was heavy, plus magazines.
    Keeping close to home for the rest of the day. Milk of Magnesia kicking in.🙄🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :)Karen your task is huge beyond comprehension. I can't imagine dealing with the most precious of so many estates. It helped me to tell the story of each precious item before I got rid of it. Lster I found scanning or photographing other useful tools. We can discard the items and still keep the memories

<3 Barbie