What's on your mind?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    I keep forgetting it's Wednesday
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    I’m watching ink master. And I wish I had an artist mind - those cats are talented af

Also - Angel from that show is smokin 🔥
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I’ve decided to inherit millions from an imaginary wealthy uncle tonight.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm sitting here beating myself up for telling a coworker that she "looks great."

She recently lost a very significant amount of weight, but commenting on her weight was not my place at all. I should know better than this.

Now I feel like garbage

Im 100% certain your coworker would know you well enough to know there was no intent other than to compliment. 🙂

I appreciate this so much ❤️
  • TwitchyMagee
    I'm sitting here beating myself up for telling a coworker that she "looks great."

She recently lost a very significant amount of weight, but commenting on her weight was not my place at all. I should know better than this.

Now I feel like garbage

Im 100% certain your coworker would know you well enough to know there was no intent other than to compliment. 🙂

She’s right.
  • Peachesnstuff

Now I feel like garbage

She’s right.

I know, but society has poisoned me into thinking that it's never ok to comment on people's weight
  • TwitchyMagee

Now I feel like garbage

She’s right.

I know, but society has poisoned me into thinking that it's never ok to comment on people's weight
    As a general rule it’s probably not a good idea but people know you and understand your intentions and I still think people extend grace and if they don’t *kitten* em
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    I keep forgetting it's Wednesday

Good luck with this!
  • TwitchyMagee

Good luck with this!

Thanks! I’ll keep you posted
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    It’s officially been a month since I’ve taken a trip which wasn’t my goal. It’s just every week I feel too tired and there was that hurricane that one time… I even woke up and got dressed, slapped on some makeup and then canceled my flight.
    Bleh.

Where you going? Or was you going to go?

Philly. There’s a travel planner for employees and a best bets option that gives you a list of ‘best bets’ cities my airport flies to and flights coming back. Mostly east coast. Philly is on the list and I haven't been there yet. I am tempted to revisit Boston or Baltimore though.
    After that if I want to go mid to west coast I’m gonna have to figure out a connection or two and probably have more than just two days off.
    I also need to send off for my passport one day and maybe trips to Canada and Mexico/surrounding islands might be on the table for day(or two) trips. Sorry for the long winded answer I’m sure you didn’t really ask for. 😅
  • cowsfan12
    It’s officially been a month since I’ve taken a trip which wasn’t my goal. It’s just every week I feel too tired and there was that hurricane that one time… I even woke up and got dressed, slapped on some makeup and then canceled my flight.
    Bleh.

Philly. There’s a travel planner for employees and a best bets option that gives you a list of ‘best bets’ cities my airport flies to and flights coming back. Mostly east coast. Philly is on the list and I haven't been there yet. I am tempted to revisit Boston or Baltimore though.
    After that if I want to go mid to west coast I’m gonna have to figure out a connection or two and probably have more than just two days off.
    I also need to send off for my passport one day and maybe trips to Canada and Mexico/surrounding islands might be on the table for day(or two) trips. Sorry for the long winded answer I’m sure you didn’t really ask for. 😅

Ah - that’s cool - make sure you don’t go to any playgrounds in west philly tho - there’s always a couple of guys up to no good over there

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,671 Member
    edited October 2022
    Bleh.

Ah - that’s cool - make sure you don’t go to any playgrounds in west philly tho - there’s always a couple of guys up to no good over there
    If she gets in trouble there, she could probably go stay with her aunt and uncle... you know where
  • cowsfan12
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Bleh.

If she gets in trouble there, she could probably go stay with her aunt and uncle... you know
    where

But only if her mom gets scared

• cmsienk
    edited October 2022
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Bleh.
    If she gets in trouble there, she could probably go stay with her aunt and uncle... you know where
    But only if her mom gets scared
    And voilà - royalty!
  • cmsienk
    Bleh.

Apply for your passport before you need it. They're still very much behind on processing those. I almost had to fly to San Diego for an in-person interview to renew mine last June. They'd had the expedited paperwork for 3 months. (Of course my check was cashed within 4 or 5 days. )
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Last week, I gave away some lamps, a sofa and coffee tables to a family that doesn't have alot of furniture. I just noticed that they put everything for sale. Hopefully I still did a good deed and they spend the money on their kids..

I was told that they do that but didn't listen because I feel bad for their children.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Last week, I gave away some lamps, a sofa and coffee tables to a family that doesn't have alot of furniture. I just noticed that they put everything for sale. Hopefully I still did a good deed and they spend the money on their kids..

I was told that they do that but didn't listen because I feel bad for their children.

One can only hope.

You're a doll face ❤️
  • TwitchyMagee

Maybe they’ll use the money for groceries. Or maybe they like sitting on the floor
  • CoffeeNstilettos

One can only hope.

You're a doll face ❤️

Like this kind of doll face? 😆

4cn4a58muybi.gif
  • CoffeeNstilettos

Maybe they’ll use the money for groceries. Or maybe they like sitting on the floor

As long as they use it for something they need. I wanted to get rid of that stuff anyways.