What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Thai chicken green curry pulled out of the freezer, roast shallot, Chinese steamed aubergine salad (unattractive colour due to using soy sauce instead of salt0 and rice.
    n9h03f8psui1.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited October 2022
    Reheated slow cooked leg of lamb from the freezer & mashed white potatoes (skin on) with lamb gravy (lamb juices pulled from freezer) and a Salad Starter (courtesy of Kroger) mediterranean salad dressed with olive oil.

j29otkjpfgqh.jpeg

• acpgee
    Dinner party at a friends. Tapas spread. Their 12 year old did a dessert of apple crumble that wasn't photographed.
    rjkkb4ug82oz.jpeg

• acpgee
    Beef rendang cooked sous vide, Thai pomelo salad, rice. We had some leftover tofu so I air fried that and pulled out some roasted shallots I made earlier this week from the freezer to test whether it is a veggie side that freezes well. They warmed up well in the microwave.
    wsinm3c3gahc.jpeg

• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    :)
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    :)
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Tagliatelle with meat sauce. Salad of little gem lettuce, olives, cherry tomatoes & pecorino spritzed with olive oil

9zwkspu42x5i.jpeg

satqj7hrects.jpeg

• acpgee
    Air fryer copycat chicken thighs using the spice mix from the Chicago Tribune recipe. Air fryer roast potatoes and roast turkish peppers, sauteed spinach. Leftover salsa verde from last night remained untouched.
    yiyv9equozmk.jpeg

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    300 Year Old British Chicken Curry recipe (from Townsends channel on youtube). Recently moved to a new area with few Indian restaurants, and wanted a simple/aromatic/nonspicy (hot) curry to help usher in Autumn. Ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper, plus lemon juice at end of cooking were the only recipe flavorings. Swapped in coconut oil and coconut milk for butter and dairy milk, used boneless/skinless thighs, included blanched broccoli, added some granulated garlic and dried cilantro to the classic recipe. Chose to grate fresh garlic rather than use powder, which led to a gingery dominance. Served over plain brown rice. MFP recipe calcs about 600 calories per generous serving. Townsends is a youtube channel and retail outlet / re-enactor organization specializing in 18th century Americana. I have made a number of their recipes over the years, although I translate to modern kitchen practices. I was active on previous threads in Recipes section about 2 years ago, getting tuned in again.

Complete, as served, over rice:
    w5epfq11awry.jpg

Ready to start cooking. Used 1/2 the chicken, only 2 of the lemons, only the large onion:
    tyclbh46t532.jpg

Underway, about 30 minutes into the stewing phase. I favor a pressure cooker for whole grains.
    jmdtnhb0qv3w.jpg

Curry after addition of coconut milk and broccoli at end of stewing phase:
    iwff9o19qie6.jpg