60 yrs and up

Replies

• trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Enjoy your holiday!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    richum1960 wrote: »
    Checkin' in. Welcome to all the new people! Congratulations to all those with NSV's. I have read some great posts with awesome victories. For those struggling, hang in there, you got this! Have a great day!

@richum1960 are you leaving MFP?
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    199.3 ! I’m jealous, got about 22 pounds to go before I get to that. Well done you.
    I wonder what’s going on for your wife, does she feel hopeless? Or helpless? A cancer diagnosis is such an awful shock. I wonder if you could open that conversation with her? Maybe if you told her that whatever the future holds, you would like to face it together and make the most of everything? Sit down together and write a joint bucket list? It is really impressive that you are following your path despite her lack of enthusiasm. My husband is so supportive of the changes I am making and it makes a big difference.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Hang in there Steve! You’ve got incredible strength and patience!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,821 Member
    @alteredsteve175 I'm sorry to hear about your sister. It must be frustrating to be so far away when someone you care about is going through a difficult time.

But look at you! You're doing everything you can to maintain YOUR health so that you can continue to be a light for your family. Your committment to that is inspiring 🙂
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Yes! Hang in there Steve!
  • peeters_steve
    peeters_steve Posts: 1 Member
    I am 75 and new to Myfitnesspal. In the last six months I have been neglectful of watching what I eat and have gained weight. I could benefit by losing 23 pounds, but I'll be happy to just drop 13 for now. I am 5' 11" and weigh 223 lbs. I do get out an walk some, usually about five days a week for a pinch more than an hour. Besides this support group I have started writing down everything I eat, that way I can be more mindful. Greetings to BC Ladybug who unfortunately got Covid on an Hawaiin cruise. Also, my best thouhts go out to also to AlteredSteve; keep up the good work!
  • karlschaeffer
    Welcome mere, peeters and scoot. BC welcome home. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Sorry to hear you got Covid, but glad you’re feeling better.
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    @BCLadybug888 Oh, so sorry you got Covid. That's the pits that you weren't able to really enjoy those last few days you had in Maui, but glad you enjoyed the cruise! Hope both you and your daughter recover quickly.
  • Pdc654
    Welcome to all the new people! You'll find lots of information and support here.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Pdc654 wrote: »
    Yay for you! I'm 68 and still working 2 jobs, one a seasonal job with a lot of physical activity. I feel so much younger than I am. I've been asked why I'm not retired yet-but I thrive on activity. My weight loss efforts are not the best, I go up and down, but I still feel good because I am active, physically and mentally. I bought a bucket of cat litter the other day, and it was SO HEAVY hauling up my stairs into the house. I noticed it weighed 34 pounds, and reflected upon it that I have lost more than that in the last few years. It's an eye opener on thinking that I was carrying that weight around every day, on my back, hips, knees and feet. And like you said, there really is no age limit to losing weight, you have to decide you really want to do it, and find the strength and determination to work on it. There will be days of success, failure, and plateaus, but you have to just keep at it. I am not a success story, just a work in progress, but I feel so much healthier than I did years ago!

• Pdc654
    @SbetaK Yes! Staying active both physically and mentally is so important to the way you feel, whether that be in your job or a generally active lifestyle. I'd say you are a success story whether or not you feel you still have more to lose. Losing weight and keeping it off is success. I think one thing I've learned is that we are all a work in progress, even when we do reach our goal weight. What I've noticed in these forums is the people that are successful are constantly striving to improve their lives in some way even after they have been in maintenance for several years. It's important for our health and well-being. Especially as we age.
  • karlschaeffer
    edited October 2022
    Pdc654 wrote: »
    @SbetaK Yes! Staying active both physically and mentally is so important to the way you feel, whether that be in your job or a generally active lifestyle. I'd say you are a success story whether or not you feel you still have more to lose. Losing weight and keeping it off is success. I think one thing I've learned is that we are all a work in progress, even when we do reach our goal weight. What I've noticed in these forums is the people that are successful are constantly striving to improve their lives in some way even after they have been in maintenance for several years. It's important for our health and well-being. Especially as we age.

Well Said!

• Pdc654
    Thank you @karlschaeffer .