By Pounds
    pao1td2qjxv0.png
    odor60nkqjcg.png

Team Winners
    lad7q927yok7.png
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    edited October 2022
    So sorry @Jessicakrall8! I thought I logged my weight last Sunday...just realized I didn't when scrolling through posts from this last week :(

Below are weigh-ins from last week and today.

AC204
    Sunday, October 9th
    PW: 192.2
    CW: 191.6

Today
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 191
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    10/9 10,096
    10/10 9,455
    10/11 10,023
    10/12 6,466
    10/13 5,641
    10/14 4,570
    10/15 10,016
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    dzo2f9tb70li.jpg
    CONGRATS to all the winners for the week and for the honorable mentions! Great job everyone! On to week 3!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    pkm84pnmvj29.jpg
    STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS FOR SEPTEMBER

Week 1 - @Pupowl - 134,325 steps
    Week 2 - @Pupowl - 147,490 steps
    Week 3 - @Pupowl - 137,939 steps
    Week 4 - @Pupowl - 104,703 steps

OVERALL TOP 3

1. @Pupowl with 524,457 steps!!!
    2. @Frankwbrown with 368,081 steps!!
    3. @KHill875 with 329,233 steps!

As a group, we walked nearly 3.3 million steps! WTG everyone who participated!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @CasandraW - I’m sorry to hear about your renovation trouble and contractor problems. I hope it’s resolved quickly!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Congratulations to @pedal_power, @SavageMrsMoose, and @Pupowl!

Thanks to you, the Shape Shifters were on the leaderboard again. We’ll done!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    *well done (autocorrect miss above)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 10/14: 14,950
    Sat 10/15: 11,801
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Feeling discouraged today…

I hired a coach to try and shave 9 minutes of my last marathon time to I could qualify to run in Chicago. I got my training program for the week. Today I was supposed to run 8 miles. I ran 8 total yesterday, (on the treadmill watching football with a couple of breaks) but I thought I’d try to do it outdoors today anyway.

My morning started by stepping in dog poop, and then it went downhill. Ha!

The run did not go well. The GPS was acting wonky- so all of a sudden my 10:45 pace became 16:00…. Typical for indoor running but not outside. Then my hip and knee started hurting. And it was hot. So at 4 miles I gave up and walked home.

My upcoming workout plan seems impossible. Tuesday is a rough run including 6 half mile repeats at 8:26 with a quarter mile recovery between, and then Thursday is 4 miles at 7:33 pace. I’m not sure I could run a quarter mile at that pace, much less 4.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Sorry- it cut off my post- I guess it was really long…

I thought my goal was realistic and now it doesn’t seem so much. I’m turning 53 next week and I’ve never exactly been athletic (my sport in high school was band!) but now I’m really questioning myself. I don’t want to injure myself.

I sent an email to the coach telling her her workouts were too aggressive. Hopefully she’ll have some words of encouragement.

On the upside, I don’t have any junk food in the house so I can’t binge eat crap even though I’d like to! Hopefully next week will be better!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose wow, what a day!
    Good luck with the training. I hope you find a way to get your time down and remain injury free.
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Msashleybing
    Sunday
    PW: 187.0
    CW: 187.6
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    Steps
    15 Oct: 18.823
    16 Oct: 15.833
    Not much going on here, just trudging along. Happy Monday everyone <3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @frankwbrown and @Pupowl - Great steps! Keep trudging along. It’s much better than the alternative — 🙂
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2022
    Feeling discouraged today…

… I ran 8 total yesterday, (on the treadmill watching football with a couple of breaks) but I thought I’d try to do it outdoors today anyway.

The run did not go well. … Then my hip and knee started hurting. And it was hot. So at 4 miles I gave up and walked home. …

My upcoming workout plan seems impossible. Tuesday is a rough run including 6 half mile repeats at 8:26 with a quarter mile recovery between, and then Thursday is 4 miles at 7:33 pace. I’m not sure I could run a quarter mile at that pace, much less 4.

If this is unsolicited advice and doesn’t feel encouraging, please just ignore it —

First, congratulations on completing the 8 mile run you noted above. I hope you can take a minute to feel the satisfaction of accomplishing that goal. And, you also ran 4 miles the next day and tuned into your body’s message when it was hurting. You still covered 8 miles (running 4 and walking 4) and prevented any further injury. That sounds like another accomplishment to me. I understand your fear of injury but I also feel that you can trust yourself not to get hurt as long as you keep listening to your body and working with your running coach to make any necessary adjustments to the training schedule.

Here’s the unsolicited advice section:

For Tuesday’s training, can you try the 6 half mile repeats at 8:26 (or 4:13 per quarter mile) without judging yourself and just collect your times?

I think you might be surprised by learning what is possible instead of focusing on what seems impossible. You can gather the data and report what you could do and then your coach can use the information to make any changes to Thursday’s plan based on what you learn.

Finally, congratulations on avoiding junk food, too. Losing extra body weight will certainly bring down your time. Imagine if you had to carry a 2 pound or 5 pound weight with you while running. It would definitely make it harder. So, any small amount of weight you can get rid of will make it easier to reduce your overall time by 9 minutes. I prefer to think about it as shaving about 21 seconds off each mile though — 🙃

You’re not the same person you were in high school. You are more athletic now. Wishing you the best as you continue to shape your new identity! We are the Shape Shifters after all. 😉
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 135 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose Yes, my daughter is at IU Bloomington! She’s also a junior, studying marketing. Absolutely loves it! She’s a member of the Singing Hoosiers, and their first concert is this weekend, so I’m looking forward to the performance!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    Pw221.0
    Cw 222.0

Yall I have the allergy testing tomorrow. Certain meds I had to stop so my sleep is off, my allergy meds I can't take. I'm in pain because I can't take the herbal supplements I use for pain management and my allergy meds I've not had because of testing tomorrow. I'm gonna pull my hair out I feel so miserable. Yuck. But tomorrow night I can start some of that back so yeah. There's an upside and I realize I might get an allergy shot tomorrow as well. I am still out walking with my bestie the dog and I did yoga and gardening over the weekend. Today is walking and strength training. So yeah, I might feel Miserable but I know I've still gotta do some exercise irregardless.
This discussion has been closed.