Share your Numbers

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Headphones for the granddaughter? Guilt for grandson? Maybe cheaper food for doggie?

You have such a busy life Connie. No wonder you have anxiety!

You have NO idea….some days it is a 3 ring circus!…Aliyah likes to “ entertain “ me lol….johnnathan helped with garbage on his own, no guit and no bribe!….Willow eats Science Diet and she only “ poops “ once a day….the dog food is worth it and I am not paying for it lol…
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,813 Member
    Suddenly down almost 2 lbs. today! Not sure how that happened overnight. I’m still slightly up from my low weight but this is an improvement. Maybe it’s my stopping eating after 6 pm most days?
    Let’s see if this lasts. Who know I may be up again tomorrow?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    Congratulations, Yooly! Thank goodness they finally decided to leave.
  • Yoolypr
    Two pounds still gone this morning! Dare I hope there is some progress after all this time?
    Definitely think the “stop eating” by six pm rule is helping. I can’t do this everyday- cause you know LIFE - but I’m hopeful. 🙏
  • lauriekallis
    edited October 2022
    Fingers crossed.

I'm still eating like a complete fool. I'm preparing a birthday dinner for a friend tonight (cake in the oven at the moment) so I'm hoping to just achieve maintenance...I have to break this bit of crazy eating going on...Yesterday I picked up some things for tonight's dinner...it is all gone. :(
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,550 Member
    Can't say I'm doing perfectly as even bunnies are suffering and, of course, I don't throw the goodies that arrive unexpectedly at too regular an interval! Not happy about entering the October-December season NOT at a low. But maybe a blessing in disguise knowing that there is no room for fooling around?
  • lauriekallis
    Hold onto that thought, PAV. No room to fool around.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2022
    I'm getting 8s instead of 4s or 5s is all I'm saying! 8s are supposed to be for early January. 3s for August!🤯🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

And that's with both scales that are now at the same location and show a .2 to .4lb difference (same brand and model)
  • Yoolypr
    Well the magical two pounds that disappeared overnight? Yup they just as magically reappeared this morning!
    Like PAV, I try to prepare for vacations and holidays by cutting back earlier. Unfortunately this year it’s not happening. I’ll have to be extra vigilant the next few months so I don’t totally lose it. 😱
  • PAV8888
    It's not like that 8 has gotten any better! Will someone call the scale and let her know that it is OCTOBER, not JANUARY?!?!!?!?
  • Yoolypr
    Yeah - I know PAV. My magical two pound gain found a friend this morning 🤯. From where I do not know. It’s got to be water weight because I’m having the fat fingers thing. Rings not as loose as usual.
    Got to get this under some control!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Must be some kind of Black Moon magic - Halloween and all.

And also some post pandemic adjustments - for me anyway. Suddenly the world is open and it wants to feed us!
  • lauriekallis
    Thinking of numbers (while I'm not weighing myself for fear). This cold hard fact really settled in this morning.

460 extra calories a day. Which isn't much. One fancy donut. A slice of rich cake. A few tablespoons (heaping :)) of hummus or a bunch of little bits and your up a pound.

460 calories over maintenance. That's all it takes. And really that could be accounted for in measuring/data mistakes.

I knew that - but it really hit me today.
  • Yoolypr
    I’m constantly amazed at the narrow margins between weight loss, maintenance and weight gain. For me it’s about 1250 calories for loss, 1550 for maintenance - anything over that goes to gaining weight. What is that? A couple small cookies? Two bananas?
  • lauriekallis
    Surprising. And what really astonishes me is how anyone "maintains" a somewhat constant weight without logging meticulously! Eating intuitively is mind blowing.
  • Yoolypr
    Surprising. And what really astonishes me is how anyone "maintains" a somewhat constant weight without logging meticulously! Eating intuitively is mind blowing.

My husband is one of those lucky intuitive eaters. He just stops when he feels full - even if there are two or three bites leftover on the plate. Or he’ll eat half of something and stash the rest for later. I, on the other hand, was trained to be a member of the “clean plate” club. Eat those last couple of bites, no point storing half of something- finish it now!!
    No food is too filling or rich to be left behind.
    So I know I will have to weigh, measure and log forever because I never developed healthy eating habits. I get the to-go box at restaurants before I touch the food because once I get going there’s no stopping.
  • lauriekallis
    I know people like that - blows my mind. One forkful of cake left on a plate! I'm not really a "clean plate" club so much as an "eat everything I have easy access to" club member.

But so long as we are self aware - and put safety measures in place we should be okay.

I'm not sure I have your control. Thank goodness I eat at restaurants rarely - I will eat all I am served. I can usually stop at that though... :)
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    How about the people who scrape off the cake frosting? Or cut off pizza or pie crusts? Or eat dry toast - with no crusts? Peel eating apples? Won’t lick cookie batter bowls? Count their M&Ms? Leave a few cold French fries behind?

Why can’t I do that too?
    They must be aliens among us! 👽
  • lauriekallis

👽
  • Yoolypr
    I’ve been working with the concept of a solid 12 hour non-eating period. All eating ends at 6pm - if possible - and can resume at 6am the next day.
    Unfortunately, I usually sleep only about 6 hours which was leaving plenty of time for late night snacking. So this is an effort to work on the mindless, tired comfort eating after dinner.