LTD: -6.7

Oct. 10 Steps= 12,267
    Oct 11= 15,218
    Oct. 12= 9034
    Oct. 13= 14,026
    Oct. 14= 9332
    Oct.15= 9716
    Oct.16= 10,077

No movement on the scale, but I'm happy with my step counts, last week!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    nancyinmo wrote: »
    @SavageMrsMoose Yes, my daughter is at IU Bloomington! She’s also a junior, studying marketing. Absolutely loves it! She’s a member of the Singing Hoosiers, and their first concert is this weekend, so I’m looking forward to the performance!

Oh that sounds wonderful! There music (and business) program is fantastic so it’s a real honor for her to be part of what has to be a very selective group.

I’ll bet they have classes together! Rob is right now in the middle of ICore. Last weeks midterms were exhausting for him, but he did well, despite it. I’m very proud. He’s really grown up.

We didn’t go to family weekend this year because we were supposed to be on a trip, which later got canceled. But I definitely want to visit next fall. It’s beautiful!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 259 Member
    Yukie_OP Steps update (goal 6K):
    10/9 8,993
    10/10 4,611
    10/11 10,920
    10/12 7,583
    10/13 4,791
    10/14 4,928
    10/15 8,306
    10/16 9,858

@jessicakrall8
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Susanna527
    Weigh-In: Mondays
    PW: 199.3
    CW: 199

Hello everyone, I'm going to keep this very short. I just closed my work files and opened the MFP tab to report my Monday weigh-in. I really hoped to stick around and read/write some posts, but I'm not feeling well at all and am going to lay down for a bit. Wishing you all a wonderful evening/week :smile: ~ Susanna
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 304.2
    CW: 305.8
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    @SavageMrsMoose , gl on your marathon training. I used to love running in the military but can't do it any more do to arthritis. But I do get up and walk every day.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Updating my step count.

10/13 7,337
    10/14 14,002
    10/15 12,197
    10/16 8,981
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal

I appreciate all your advice! It was helpful! I’ve run marathons at the needed pace before, but I was younger and lighter. I truly think if it’s a good day and I’m 15 pounds lighter, I can pull it off.

The coach made some adjustments to the paces that the computer algorithm came up with for me. Turns out that people make better coaches than computers. My plan is to do all 6 intervals tomorrow and if I need more recovery time in between, I take it.

I was suffering a bit from imposter syndrome yesterday. Thank you for letting me vent. I was thinking- I’m a middle aged, slightly overweight woman- what am I doing hiring a coach???

I sometimes do that with weight loss too. Maybe others do that as well? Like my inner voice says - you really think you’ll be able to wear a bikini in public without people laughing? Why even bother?

Feeling much more positive today. But sometimes it’s a struggle.

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    10/12-11,100
    10/13-9,584
    10/14-13,909
    10/15-4,840
    10/16-15,293
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 10/16: 12,081
    Mon 10/17: 16,106
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Pupowl - Your comment really made me laugh:

“Isn't it funny how we still suck at sleeping despite getting daily practice?” 😂🤣😂

That’s so true. I had never thought about it that way but now I’m determined to get better! There was a time in my life when I had so many tasks scheduled for the next day that I had ‘to do’ lists for my ‘to do’ lists. One of the bright spots of the pandemic was scaling back from so my volunteer roles.

Although I wish I got more sleep at night, and I’m working on it, I think I’m getting better at recognizing that I’m not very effective with the tasks I force myself to stay up to complete. My mind wanders, I end up wasting time, and I eat extra food to get energy — which never works. Now, I just make a plan to accomplish the unfinished tasks the next day, even if it means waking up earlier.

I know anxiety keeps many people awake but that’s not my problem. When I’m worried about something, the serenity prayer always helps me — Give my the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. It doesn’t always work but, usually, I make a plan one action step I can take when change is possible and then accept sleep!

Good work on another puzzle. I hope the wolves have the wisdom not to mess with a dragon! 😆
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited October 2022
    I’ve run marathons at the needed pace before, but I was younger and lighter. I truly think if it’s a good day and I’m 15 pounds lighter, I can pull it off….

My plan is to do all 6 intervals tomorrow and if I need more recovery time in between, I take it….

… I was thinking- I’m a middle aged, slightly overweight woman- what am I doing hiring a coach???

… Like my inner voice says - you really think you’ll be able to wear a bikini in public without people laughing? Why even bother?

Feeling much more positive today. But sometimes it’s a struggle.

I think it’s great that you are setting fitness goals and working with a coach to improve. I’m 56 so I understand the intrusive thoughts and self-doubt that creep in every once in awhile, but we’ll just keep showing up to defeat ageism! 💪🦹‍♀️💪

In rowing, we qualify for adjusted times as we get older so I can be an asset in my boat. For soccer, the women have to turn 30 within the year to qualify for the Masters League, and many of them were born after the Title IX Act was put in place to provide more equitable funding for women’s sports,* so they are talented players. And I have more than 25 years on some of them!!

I joke that if I ever score a goal, I’m going to retire. It’s fun, and my team mates are very supportive, so I stick with it for the weekly exercise. It’s good to sub in and give another player a rest but we often have to play the whole game because there aren’t as many female players as there are men.

I don’t think I’ll be wearing a bikini any day soon but I love that society is beginning to embrace all body types. It’s actually kind of freeing to get older since nobody pays much attention to the past middle aged women walking along the beach. Staying active allows us to enjoy the beach another year though — Let’s keep fit, and keep showing the world what’s possible!

Even if we might need extra time for recovery. A nice Epsom salt bath is worth a rest day. Enjoy!!

Side rant:
    *Of course, no team can compete with the investment made in American college football, which absorbs about 90% of funding and causes all the other groups to fight over the scraps, but that’s an issue for another day. I do enjoy football but there are so many challenges to the money, injuries, and influence on young players!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 508 Member
    Afternoon yall from southeast Missouri. The meds and supplements I had to hold off taking for a week I can start back on them this evening and in the morning. Stuff ik I was allergic too was confirmed And a couple of others were news to me. So now I wait for the dr to get back in and we start allergy shots I guess.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    My steps,
    My Garmin watch didn't work on Sunday,there was an Outage apparently.Luckily it still counted my steps but not my intentional walks.On Garmin/ MFP it doesn't deduct any calories for just steps.I don't know why ? If anyone on here knows,I would like to know.
    10/13 15,057
    10/14 14,092
    10/15 7,184
    10/16 10,895
    10/17 7,380
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 259 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Here is my steps for
    Sunday 16th 5149
    Monday 17th 3026
    Tuesday 18th 4830
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Terrimccrery
    Sw 203
    Cw 204.2
    Darn it! I knew nibbling on those stupid Walmart Halloween cookies would sabotage me! Off to a better week!
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Ooops weigh in day is Wednesday!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In
This discussion has been closed.