WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Carol – no, we had to cancel the pool party. That was when Vince had the infection from Loki’s bite in his leg. The day that we would have had the party on, he was in the hospital getting IV antibiotics. He was on three different (heavy dose) antibiotics.

Karen – I was thinking about making a Cousin It. It really wouldn’t be hard at all to do. So glad you’re getting a duplicate copy of your brother’s birth certificate. Maybe the lesson is not to trust anyone but family? How sad for those other men.

Boy, am I beat. The yogurt is out of the IP and draining right now. I usually let it drain overnight. Think I’ll finish watching the show 911 and then go to bed.

Nite all

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Zz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    rr71i0ubjux5.jpg

My maple tree!

Carol in GA

So pretty!💖🍁🍂
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,787 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Michelle Cousin Itt ingredients: tomato cage, several dollar store grass skirts, sunglasses, hat.
  • KetoneKaren
    Photo Challenge:

iva53isin8kb.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited October 2022
    Woke a little early today. I have Latin Study Group this morning. Settling back into volunteer routine. I’m looking forward to the time change at the end of the month. I’m not too keen on the dark mornings drawing in.
    Katla: (((Hugs)))
    Heather: You have inspired me to get out my poetry box and review my poems. I have had my anthology on the back burner for far too long
    Rebecca: Glad you have finally got some answers, and a plan of action. 🥰 the plaque.
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Carla ~ That is a lovely scene from your cabin!

Thanks to all of you who are sharing your photos! They really bring a smile to my face!

:) Carol in Ga :)

Tried to post a photo and the app crashed. Just as well I had saved the draft of my post, as I had to reload the app.

Life is good Challenge: I have a warm cosy bed to sleep in.

Time to get up and get ready to go out.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,126 Member
    edited October 2022
    My washing machine bit the dust last night. I had to bail it out and wring out all the washing, including a duvet cover. It's completely dead. I know it's been on its last legs for a while and has been making alarming noises recently, but I have been ignoring them. Ooops!
    It's a bit unfortunate, so near to the cruise, but we are up to date with the washing right now. I will look today for a quick delivery, but I'm not holding my breath.
    For some reason, DH let me do the, very strenuous, bailing and wringing, all by myself. It was 10.30 at night. I got very resentful inside and refused to ask for help, making myself even more grumpy. If I had asked, he would have come. So, I went to bed in a mood, and then had to sleep upstairs, because my mind was grinding around and i needed to read late. This morning I can see what an idiot I was not to just ask him. :p:p

He is trying to mend a hinge on a kitchen cabinet, where it has come away from the unit. I advised him on the type of filler, but he didn't listen. I advised him today to Google it. :#
    We are still friends. :p

Worked out OK with the kids yesterday. Bea is always tired after school and then Art Club. We resorted to watching Strictly Come Dancing , the voting episode. On iPlayer. When I went to pick them up I was early, so stayed to watch. I am amazed at Bea's art! For a 6 year old! The teacher showed me her workbook. Honestly, she is better than Edie and the other 9 year olds. She adores her art.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    Flea I am so sorry about your friend/colleague's rapid decline. <3

I had a dear friend Bonnie, who was thought by many to be immortal. Of course she wasn't, and finally died at 97. The crowd at her funeral was overflowing in a large venue. It was heartening to see that at least some elderly people in the USA are remembered & revered even when they outlive most of their peers. I like having friends of all ages. Josephine is my youngest friend, and Bonnie was my oldest until her death.

Terri & Heather I have so enjoyed Terri's amazing poetry, and look forward to any Heather wants to share with us. I think I might have a poet in me somewhere, but would probably need to get more into my right brain to avoid sounding stilted. I am thinking, after reading Barbie's recent comments on meditation, that meditation might be a very good idea for both my creative side and my stress levels.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Friday --

I walked to the post office and when I got there, the beach was calling, so I walked down to the beach. :)
    ued6sdn66ezg.png

Then I worked on my garden project.

And after, we went for a bicycle ride. :)
    bvyixlieinu6.png

Walking ...
    dyl3360mf0qb.png

Cycling ...
    42tuzb8qtz2a.png

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Good morning ladies,

Do any of you take glucosamine/chondroitin supplements?

If so, are you taking liquid or pills and what's been your experience?

My cleaner, in her early 50's, had hip and knee pain and started taking a liquid formula several months ago and swears it's helping. I started on the same stuff a week ago - I understand it can take weeks for positive effects to show up. So can't really tell right now.

If you have information or opinion on this supplement, I'd love to hear it.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the air quality is much improved
  • cityjaneLondon
    Rita's challenge.
    fxrm2q4hncvp.jpg

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Good morning ladies,

Do any of you take glucosamine/chondroitin supplements?

If so, are you taking liquid or pills and what's been your experience?

My cleaner, in her early 50's, had hip and knee pain and started taking a liquid formula several months ago and swears it's helping. I started on the same stuff a week ago - I understand it can take weeks for positive effects to show up. So can't really tell right now.

If you have information or opinion on this supplement, I'd love to hear it.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the air quality is much improved

During my peak cycling (early 2000s), I was cycling between 10,000 and 14,000 kilometres a year. And my knees bothered me a bit so I started taking glucosamine/chondroitin supplements.

It seemed to help. :)

But at the same time, I also worked on adjusting the fit of my bicycle.

I went off the supplements after a couple years and my knees have remained fine. So I kind of suspect that setting my bicycle up properly might have helped as much or more than the supplements.

The reason I decided to try the supplements was because I had read studies which suggested that they helped arthritic dogs and I figured if they helped dogs, who probably don't experience the placebo effect, they might help me.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    Phew!
    I've ordered a new washing machine. Just the most basic, because they've gone up quite a bit since our last one, 12 years ago. It's only got a 1400 spin, but there's a couple of hundred pounds difference in the price for the faster one! When I first looked, they had delivery for Wednesday, but, by the time I got to the checkout, the earliest was next Friday. That's OK. The kids are here for lunch, but they might find it interesting! They are fitting it and taking away the old one for an extra fee. They let you know the night before of the 2 hour window.
    If there's anything I desperately need for the cruise I can hand wash it before hand, but we will still have a few days for last minute stuff. I'm up to date at the moment.
    Feeling mighty relieved. I was thrown for a loop last night. :*;)

Still haven't discussed how we are paying for it, but I have put it on my credit card, so we can think about that later!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 425 Member
    Katla: I am thinking about you and hope your DH's procedure goes well. Glad you are able to visit him

Carol: Pretty tree, I might get a maple tree.

Lisa: I didn't know gastric bypass could lead to anemia but I guess I can see how it might. I hope these treatments help.

Lanette: I really wasn't aware the air quality was so constantly bad in Washington state.

Margaret Turk: Cheerful picture of flower. I enjoyed it.

Terri: I like a clean sink. I have done Duolingual Mandarin. I study some Mandarin because I like the calligraphy.

Betsy: Lovely picture of a child.

Debbie: Thanks for the links! After I do these posts, I will look at the blankets!

Lisa: Love the picture!

Snowflake: I will get a tire gauge. Candles might be a nice gift!

Kevrit: Love the picture

Heather: I know people who would be very jealous that you get to see your grandchildren so much!
    Sorry about the washing machine!

Rebecca: I am thinking about you and hope the gallbladder surgery goes well. I have had my gallbladder out and haven't had any problems.

Machka9: Left to my own I would be the bear! I am up now because I went to bed early enough.

Vicki: Glad you had a nice visit with you grandson!

Michele: My DH and I went on a fudge kick a couple of years ago. We kept ordering it into the house.
    We finally got ourselves to stop!

Headed to lunch today. My hair has gotten too long to hold the electric curlers. My long time hair dresser isn't available so I am going to go to a Cost cutter type place and have it trimmed and blown out. Then caretaking the next two days. Maybe we will zoom with DH's brother and do a video call with my mother who lives outside of Boston.
  • KetoneKaren
    edited October 2022
    Rebecca I meant to tell you how relieved I am that your problem turned out to be your gallbladder. It can sure cause a lot of agony/misery, but can be dealt with as you know. (((Hugs)))

Heather OK, that is an amazing poem for anyone, but writing a poem of that caliber at the age of 7 is...I can't even think of the right word...it's no wonder your poor hapless teacher thought someone else wrote it. Wow. Just Wow.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Life is good Challenge: Finished my latest jigsaw