WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    I am awake and put Alfies food out.. but feeling lazy this morning.. it usually takes alot of Saterday to recoup from a week of taking care of Miles..
    But will do some laundry.. and do my pills for the next week and do small projects here..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    Today is @janetr7476's birthday! I miss her posts! I hope she is doing well. <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lanette, Glucosamine & chondroitin are for sure helpful to some people with joint pain, and probably worth a trial. The other supplements which might help some people are Vitamin D gelcap, Vitamin E gelcap, Vitamin C, zinc, turmeric, omega-3's, avocado oil, & soybean oil. There are probably others; I think if you look up the label on Osteo Bi-Flex, the ingredient list is probably pretty complete. Vitamin D made the biggest difference for me, especially knees and thumbs. I didn't have a Vit D level checked prior to taking it, but I had such a dramatic response within 2 weeks that I assume I must have been low.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Thanks everyone for the glucosamine/chondroitin comments. :)

Hopefully I'll see a difference in my knees in a week or two. The joint pain there has become apparent since I've started using the sitting elliptical (I have it set on mild resistance) and my trick shoulder has been acting up. Any help with thumb and foot joints will be icing on the cake.

I saw something interesting on my latest DEXA bone density report. The physician commented I was at risk because of a osteopenia, but also mom's broken hip and my BMI of 24.4.

WHAT? That's bumping up against the "overweight" category. :D But apparently too slim for good bone health?

Debbie - I discovered I had my first bone scan in 2004. I was 53. I'm sure it was ordered because of my mom's broken hip and to get some type of baseline. Have you had a chance to pursue it further with your doctor?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Tina, I understand - I always hated being in the middle too. I can't tell you the number of times my DH would ask me to call so and so and tell them such and such. Then he'd stand beside me while I was trying to get the story straight. Finally I figured out I could dial but then immediately hand the phone to him. :p Kind of the same thing.

Good job on the exercise yesterday!

That's something about no spare tire. :o Glad you realized it and can get one before you get going. Tombstone AZ sounds like an interesting spot.

Lanette B)