What's on your mind?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,436 Member
    If everyone worked weekends this place would be hoppin’, well that may be exaggerating a bit. 😏
  • itsjustme1984
    itsjustme1984 Posts: 410 Member
    Why is my daughters peak energy at 2 am 😒
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,167 Member
    Yesterday I sent an application to volunteer with the cancer society driving people to appointments. When my dad was having cancer treatments he used this service and I felt like they needed more people to help out. They already got in touch with me for a phone interview Tuesday. I guess they're desperate... I think I'd be good driving people around
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    Yesterday I sent an application to volunteer with the cancer society driving people to appointments. When my dad was having cancer treatments he used this service and I felt like they needed more people to help out. They already got in touch with me for a phone interview Tuesday. I guess they're desperate... I think I'd be good driving people around

Hey good on you, you'll be taking away one less thing for these people to worry about during what is already the worst time of their lives. You'll also meet some kind and interesting people along the way.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,436 Member
    I see people upset about losing the free barcode scanner.
    I agree, seems like a greedy loss.

Just pretend you never had it. 😮

I had to roll the car windows up and down,
    manually lock the car doors,
    find a payphone to make a call when I was out,
    get up and walk to the tv to change the channel or volume,
    for a while I had am, no fm,
    black & white tv,
    no cable tv,
    played outside 90% of the time,
    bought a pack of cigarettes for less than $1. while I was 13,
    wrote letters to my friends that lived in other cities,
    scrolled through a phonebook (white and yellow pages),
    talked to a phone operator,
    did the math myself,
    if I needed to know something I got off my bum and did what I needed to do to find out.

Is it really that important to have a barcode scanner, really?
  • Alinouveau2
    _Dan1985 wrote: »

Hey good on you, you'll be taking away one less thing for these people to worry about during what is already the worst time of their lives. You'll also meet some kind and interesting people along the way.

I love meeting new people, I'm not he annoying person at a grocery store chatting to the check out person
    It's been a long time since I had to do an interview or supply references. Hopefully they aren't too picky other than I can drive, my car is comfy and I have time to help
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I see people upset about losing the free barcode scanner.
    I agree, seems like a greedy loss.

Just pretend you never had it. 😮

I had to roll the car windows up and down,
    manually lock the car doors,
    find a payphone to make a call when I was out,
    get up and walk to the tv to change the channel or volume,
    for a while I had am, no fm,
    black & white tv,
    no cable tv,
    played outside 90% of the time,
    bought a pack of cigarettes for less than $1. while I was 13,
    wrote letters to my friends that lived in other cities,
    scrolled through a phonebook (white and yellow pages),
    talked to a phone operator,
    did the math myself,
    if I needed to know something I got off my bum and did what I needed to do to find out.

Is it really that important to have a barcode scanner, really?

Did you have to walk 10 miles each way to school in the snow too? 😋
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2022

I love meeting new people, I'm not he annoying person at a grocery store chatting to the check out person
    It's been a long time since I had to do an interview or supply references. Hopefully they aren't too picky other than I can drive, my car is comfy and I have time to help

I'm sure you have more to offer them than just being able to drive, the fact that you like talking to people is a massive plus, just be you - not all of the passengers will want to talk, but I've no doubt you'll be insightful enough to tell who would appreciate a chat and I think you'll be very good at putting them at ease.

• Alinouveau2

I'm sure you have more to offer them than just being able to drive, the fact that you like talking to people is a massive plus, just be you - not all of the passengers will want to talk, but I've no doubt you'll be insightful enough to tell who would appreciate a chat and I think you'll be very good at putting them at ease.

I can bring them treats haha.
    My dad went through cancer treatments so if I have to take people to the hospital where he went it'll be super easy for me cause I know how it works....and I know where the good food court is! 😀
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Eh - nvm
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Eh - nvm

We don't play that game here, Sir. SPEAK!
  • Alinouveau2
    Who do I get o be references for my volunteering as a cancer society driver. I suggested my boy be one since I work for him as his chauffeur
  • Alinouveau2
    I got books at the library and now I want to just sit and read
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Eh - nvm

My oldest is pregnant- and I’m having a hard time processing it - she’s 18 - just started college - is still a kid herself - ive made it clear I love her no matter what and will support her however I can - but I’m just so disappointed- idk like I said I’m having a hard time processing -

I'm here if you need/want to vent.

Hugs
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited October 2022
    Eh - nvm

My oldest is pregnant- and I’m having a hard time processing it - she’s 18 - just started college - is still a kid herself - ive made it clear I love her no matter what and will support her however I can - but I’m just so disappointed- idk like I said I’m having a hard time processing -

You’re going to be her rock and her safe place.❤️

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Eh - nvm

aw i’m so sorry bc i’m sure you’re worried as hell about her future
    hoping you get a chance to process everything and find some peace about it all 💛 you seem like a kitten amazing dad so she’s got that goin for her anyways