Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2022
    โค๏ธ ๐Ÿฅฐ ๐Ÿ’–
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Ll
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    Had a lovely day. Planning an early night.

๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰ Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป for those who need them.

๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ Miele failte to the newbies.

โ˜˜๏ธ Terri
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Love all the pictures.
    Katla- sending prayers for your DH and also for you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Aww such adorable kitties
    Well I fell asleep and that crazy dog of mine woke me up .ugh.. oh well.. Im hoping I can go back to sleep..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Yesterday was a big exercise day. I did a 3 mile run/walk, a leg workout, an ab workout and we went kayaking for about 1.5 hours. On exit, a wave dumped me. The water was much warmer than it should be right now. Usually, it's far too cold to submerge without shivering by now.

Warning-Rant
    So, the mister is mad at me because I told him I would not tell the gardners how he wants the yard done. I told him a loooong time ago that if he wasn't doing the yard work, I would hire someone, but he cannot tell me to tell them what to do...he has to tell them himself. Well, he won't and I won't, so he's mad. I want it to look nice, but I don't care how it's done. I just want it tidy. He plants stuff and they don't take care of it how he likes, but he won't tell them how he likes it. So, he just complains and gets mad at me. I spent 30 years managing how work is done and I hated it all. I am not doing it anymore. If he doesn't like the way someone else does it, he needs to just do it himself. So he will just have to get over it or talk to them.

I'm planning a mini vacation, just for me, by myself. I've always wanted to go to Tombstone, AZ, so I am going to take a little side trip there next month. I don't know why it's intriguing to me, but I'll be "in the area," so why not.

Speaking of road trips, my new car does not have a spare tire. Apparently it's a thing now. So, if you are in the market for a new car, it's best to ask. Since my road trips often take place through long stretches of hot desert with a lot of nothing, I now have to buy one. I don't want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere at 120 degrees F for any length of time.

Tina in CA

Years ago when my now former inlaws were buying a brand new Blazer, we were shocked to find out that the back seat was an option!!! Seriously- they had to pay extra to get the seat. Glad they did because former hubby bought it from them a few years later.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    ๐Ÿ’ž
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    edited October 2022
    Monday --

Gardening - specifically, digging.

And walking with a bit of running.
    2y1bkotk138z.png

crkeqlld8ckf.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I hope to visit DH, the sooner, the better. I hope our daughter will take me there.

I need to shop for essentials, from alondrate for bone density to kleenex, toilet paper and eggs. I hope our daughter will take me to see my husband at the hospital. We both want to be at home together.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka - My mom died about 20 years ago. She had a lot of belongings, but there was only one truly disorganized area in the house, a small office/breezeway between the house and the added-on garage. Every time I walked into the room, I turned right around and went to find something else to work on. Then my older brother came to pick up some items, and he offered to help with the cluttered room - his method was simple: we started in one corner, he worked counter-clockwise, I worked clockwise, and when we met we were done. It was a particularly good method for clearing out our disorganized, cluttered space. We stayed out of each other's way, consulted when needed, and were both motivated to keep going by the other person's industriousness. If I were doing an office clean out where the goal was to organize rather than clear out the space, I might use another method, but in either case, getting a clear corner or wall space is a psychological boost.

Katla, I, too, am glad your health is being looked after. And I am glad your husband is stable after his procedure. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Karen in Virginia