Yoolypr Posts: 2,802 Member
    5mq283i9f22p.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,578 Member
    I love number 2, Yooly.

What other people think of you is none of your business. :D
  • Yoolypr
    Yes #2 is a hard one to conquer. My biggest challenge is #6. I can worry something to death and comfort eat while I do it!
  • Yoolypr
    I’m hoping this site survives because it’s been so important for me and I’m sure others in the group. But honestly, I’m feeling like I’m talking to myself lately. We just don’t have the active participation as in the past.
    Maybe the lurkers can join in? Or are we done here and it’s time to move on? I sincerely hope not because I’ll really miss you guys!
  • lauriekallis
    You are carrying the load for all of us, Yooly. Thank you. Sorry for being a bit far - getting ready for my big trip this weekend ! WOOHOO
  • Yoolypr
    You are carrying the load for all of us, Yooly. Thank you. Sorry for being a bit far - getting ready for my big trip this weekend ! WOOHOO
    I was wondering when you’re leaving on your trip! It’s kind of late in the season for Canada 🇨🇦 and snow? When I lived in northern Maine we usually had snow by now. I’m sure you’re well experienced in snow driving though. Safe traveling!
    I don’t know if I ever mentioned one of my brother-in-laws has family in Canada. One younger second cousin is a policeman in Hamilton.

I just hate to give up on this group. How will we ever know how PAV’s lovely Greek lady is faring?❤️ Or what Connie’s family is up to? Or Dante’s glorious meals? Athijade’s adventures in Chicago? Bella’s cycling? Who knows what our lurkers are doing?
    Positively soap opera material!!! As exciting as a Mexican telenovela!
  • lauriekallis
    I imagine it is going to become active around these parts again soon....fingers crossed.
    Probably not going to hit any real snow during this trip - I'm cutting it close - but usually okay until the end of November. THough their might be flurries - chances are good any snow that falls won't stay.

If I get in trouble with the law I will tell them to let it slide - cuz' I'm in tight with Yooly's second cousin :)
  • Yoolypr
    Only met the Hamilton policeman once and he’s a tenuous in-law connection so I doubt it would be a “get out of jail free” card! Behave yourself Laurie!
  • lauriekallis
    It's Hamilton, Yooly. Any card in your pocket is good :) have a good trip! And don't worry - if you act up and get caught just tell them you are in tight with Laurie and you'll be fine :p
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Can I try that Laurie? Are you in Newfoundland yet?
  • Yoolypr
    edited November 2022
    Laurie took off about a week ago, I think. Looking forward to her return too. I’ve been lonely and often felt like I was talking to myself.
    Mercifully Dante, Athijade, and Alexandra checked in regularly. And I know Connie is out there lurking too. 🫣

mzaxxm091m1f.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Well, at least I hear that the weather back east has been relatively thawed... SO FAR!
  • lauriekallis
    HOME!!!!!
    Going to sleep for a week or three then be back :)

(Yeah - give it a try, PAV...let me know how it works :) )
  • Yoolypr
    jim6e9qvzgwz.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Something I’m working on k3fbjmuf3mqa.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    About now in the Christmas countdown, I pretty much over it. All the weeks of prepping, baking, shopping are done. Now it’s the wait for it to be over? By December 26th I’m usually beginning to take down things slowly. Hubby wants Christmas to last into February! Looking forward to clean spaces and routine days without feasting.

It’s a conundrum- I love the holidays but I think I like the monotony of routine better? It surely will be easier to manage weight!
  • Yoolypr
    io1d6433s390.gif

A very happy holiday to all my virtual friends who have generously given me more support and understanding than you’ll ever know. I hope I’ve been able to do a little of the same for you this year.
  • lauriekallis
    Right back at you, Yooly. You have brought to much. Thank you. Thank you everyone <3
    Merry Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Visakaha and ... please add your special day in response if I have missed it. We are all so blessed to live in a land where everyone can celebrate their unique holidays together.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2022
    Joyous cookie gals and guys falling down your chimney!🎅🤶🧑‍🎄 and Merry (weather permitting) Kirihimete-- inclusive of your alternative options of preference--too!! 🎄🎄🎄