"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. In the afternoon, I'm heading to San Jose and watching my co worker compete in her first Bikini competition.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Carne asada burrito for dinner.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
    Cardio: Elliptical - 5km hills (432 calories)

Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x5
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Side Raise <superset> DB Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Curls <superset> DB Extend 3x10

Analysis: No leaving poundage behind by lightening the deadlifts today, it was all systems go!

Food: Lunch - KFC, Dinner - Papa Murphy's

Life: My eldest son has officially moved out today to go from Colorado to Baltimore to start his new life "as a man, on my own." I'm proud of him, wife is an emotional wreck watching her baby leave, it'll be interesting to see how much sleep is had tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. 9ers play early so I'll have to watch at the gym. My co worker did well in her first competition ever taking 3rd.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Beef chow fun for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Ugh what a bad loss to the Falcons. We always have trouble with running QB's. And couldn't stop the run yesterday. And now we take on KC next week.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. "House of the Dragon" was good! Only one episode left though. :(
  • nossmf
    edited October 2022
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x75sec

Analysis: As expected, I forgot to swap my ab work for the side versions, but it felt fine today, so we'll just leave it alone. On the suggestion of a fellow gym rat, I opted to try the machine hip thrust station newly installed in the corner, and his second advice was to start with a single plate per side and increase from there. Glad I followed this second piece of advice, as I got up to barely over HALF of the weight I use with the BB version and was already feeling it! Not sure which version I prefer, so I'll give the machine a 4-week run and then decide.

Food: Lunch - Papa Murphy's, Dinner - stir-fried chicken and veggies on rice

NFL: My computer and the website I use were both cooperating this weekend, so I actually got to watch multiple games, in full, without blur or lag. It was a beautiful thing, especially watching the Bills/Chiefs game. I've been a closet Bills fan since the 90's when they lost 4 Super Bowls in a row, and will be rooting for them to go all the way this year (unless my Broncos somehow turn things around and make the playoffs lol). Speaking of the Broncos, here's hoping my computer decides to cooperate again tonight so I can watch MNF against the Chargers. Vegas has us a 5 point underdog, but history says we have a solid shot, going 4-2 the last three years against them and a lifetime winning percentage over 70%.

Life: I cannot imagine watching a coworker in a bikini competition, how awkward interactions with her would be at work after. But then I work in an office environment, not the fitness industry, so that likely helps remove much of the stigma involved.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Won my FFL last night with at least a respectable showing by Ekeler. I also had Williams and Everett and my opponent had Gordon, but they didn't do anything noteworthing last night. So I'm now in 3rd place halfway through our season.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 12, 15

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x30sec

Analysis: I expected to face a performance drop-off after a poor night's sleep, but the numbers say I hit all my usual marks. My left elbow at the forearm took a while to loosen up and agree to moving, so the pullups didn't feel right, but otherwise was a fine day.

Food: Lunch - lasagna, Dinner - pork schnitzel

Fantasy Football: What a horrendous finish to the week, needing basically anything from any of multiple players during MNF to snag a win in two of my leagues, and they all bombed. Ended up going 2-2, with my 5-0 team losing and my 0-5 team winning. Records stand 5-1, 4-2, 3-3, 1-5.

NFL: What a bogus ending to MNF with the refs NOT calling a penalty on the muffed punt in OT when the Charger player clearly shoved the Bronco blocker into the punt returner. "Fumble," game over. Did we deserve to lose the game? Probably. Lose in this fashion? Bogus. What a season so far, and considering we just left our "easy" portion of the schedule behind, it's only going to get worse.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. A little tired so looking forward to napping later.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner for me. Just a quarterpounder with cheese.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x10
    Cable Pushdown 3x10,12,15

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x10s, 15s, 20s
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: I remembered to try the other Perloff Press, lowering the weight and doing a single long hold rather than a series of short holds. Meh, I think I prefer the heavier series. My last set of bench, I banged out 8 solid reps before I hit my usual sticking point on rep 9, maybe just below halfway up where the tension starts to shift from chest to more shoulders/triceps.

Food: Lunch - Burger King, Dinner - ribs
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. It's been such great weather as of late and I've been wanting to walk outside. Just don't have the extra time to do it with 2 jobs.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. I'll make pork fried rice tonight.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical Hills - 1 hour (590 calories)

Food: Lunch - stir-fried chicken with rice and veggies, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)

Life: Youngest daughter's marching band finished third at regional qualifiers last night, meaning the team gets to compete at state for the second year in a row (after more than two decades without an appearance). My daughter has been a member of the team for two years now. Coincidence?
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Looking forward to the weekend. Weather has been great the whole week.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pork fried rice for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. Will go watch "Black Adam" today with my daughter. Been awhile since we've seen a movie together.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Korean fried chicken for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. Will have to grocery shop later after 9ers game. Hoping CMC will get us to a higher level. "Black Adam" was okay.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Ugh back to back losses and we looked bad. Our offense just can't seem to sustain any continuity with the exception of the first drive of the game. Rams this week and then a bye. At least the Warriors squeaked one out after almost blowing a 20 point lead.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. "House of the Dragon" final episode left me wanting so much more.
  • nossmf
    Saturday:

Cardio: Elliptical - 5km hills (432 calories)

Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x5
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Side Raise <superset> DB Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Curls <superset> DB Extend 3x10

Analysis: Deadlifts felt great, was debating upping the weight for next time. Then I woke up this morning (Monday), and ugh, stiff city. Was in a rush to get my daughter to her marching band state qualifier Saturday (great news, team qualified for state!), so didn't get my usual hot tub soak after, didn't think much of it that day, never was bothered all day Sunday. But this morning I felt it was the better part of self-awareness that I NOT do legs, loading up a heavy BB across my shoulders and squatting with the added strain on a grumpy lower back. Instead, I got a LONG soak in the hot tub, followed by an equally LONG shower with the water massaging my back, to the point where I'm feeling almost normal here at work. Not sure yet if I'll do legs tomorrow and just shift all lifting sessions by a day, or if I'll skip leg day entirely and go straight to back. Either way, I think this coming Saturday's deadlift session will be with a lower weight for one week.

Food: Lunch - honey soy chicken with rice, Dinner - chili

Fantasy Football: Will finish the week with yet another 3-1 record. Good news is my formerly winless team now has won in back-to-back weeks; given the records of my division rivals, I am only a single game out of playoff contention, believe it or not. Bad news is my favorite team which started the year on fire has now lost in consecutive weeks and is sitting below .500 halfway through the season. My team records sit now 6-1, 5-2, 3-4, 2-5.

Broncos Watch: Sigh, this is starting to strain even my great capacity to love my team no matter what happens any given Sunday. Almost have to feel sorry for the defensive players, as they have a Super Bowl caliber defense, on a team that won't come close to sniffing .500 on the year, let alone the playoffs, because the offense can't get out of its own way. Even our reliable kicker is now botching up extra points and makeable field goals, forcing us to alter our end-game tactics in ways our offense simply can't do these days. I will continue to root for my Broncos, as I have non-stop for nigh on 40 years, but is it a bad sign when I'm looking with jealousy at the two New York teams?
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. At least all my yard duty the rest of this week is only half day. Means more nap time.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 12, 15

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x30sec

Analysis: Before going to sleep last night a thought occurred to me to check the pressure in my air mattress, and sure enough it was running low, which causes my spine to fall out of alignment during the night. Pumped it up again, and woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks, no back pain or stiffness at all. But I decided I may as well make this week a deload week, not taking off completely like I do every 3 months but just knocking 20% off the weight used (or 20% time/reps for planks/pullups). Made today's lifting session feel like a prolonged warmup, which let me concentrate on the negatives and draw them out a few more seconds per rep.

Food: Lunch - homemade pepperoni pizza, Dinner - Taco Tuesday

NFL: Any week the Patriots lose is a good week, and for them to lose in front of a national audience against a team they were projected to blow out, but instead got blown out...priceless.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. The only respite I have is that I get a longer nap in the afternoon.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night for dinner. That was a grueling loss last night for the DUBS. Well same thing happened last year against Phoenix. Despite that, I'm happy no one got injured after all the jostling last night.

• nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x10
    Cable Pushdown 3x10

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x15s
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: De-load push day, drawing out each rep for 3 seconds since the weight felt so light.

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with chips and fruit, Dinner - breakfast (French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon)