Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Starting to develop Runners Knee in my left.knee. I've worn a Patella Stabilizer on my right knee for 20 years. Looks like I'm moving right into middle age with my double knee braces haha. I feel fine while I run but walking upstairs is becoming painful.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

Pw 230.6
    Cw 234.4

Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

10/16: 2,667
    10/17: 3,381
    10/18: 3,864
    10/19: 5,156
    10/20: 2,827
    10/21: 2,339
    10/22: 4,774

As always, thanks for the friendly reminders!! 🙂

You are soooooooo welcome :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 15893
    Calories - 2519. Ate out 2 meals today.
    Exercise. None. Sea world for 4 hours.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Hello All:

It has been a really rough few days. After we returned from our planned trip, I got the news that my niece had had a catastrophic and life threatening/changing accident. I immediately got on a flight to WA from AK, to spend time with my brother and nephew. I got home last night, and we are preparing for our planned trip this week. I think I'll have to make a side trip back to WA, depending on how things go.

My niece had an abscess that extended from her neck to the middle of her spine. She also has another abscess in her chest. They operated on the one in her back so far. Ugh. So very unfortunate, as she has a teenage daughter. There is so much damage that it is hard to know what her prognosis will be in the long run.

@lindamtuck2018. Will you put me on the support list. I will weigh in if I can this week (10/28). My plans for the next few weeks are up in the air. Lee

I am so very sorry to hear this. I have some very special nieces myself. Wishing for your niece to heal soon from this tragedy
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    @363days
    Congrats on the loss and reaching a new decade.

@IP2021
    Great loss! I hope you start feeling better soon.

@JaysFan82
    You are doing so well with your weight loss!

@28Haveitall2020
    I understand binge eating. It’s hard to break the cycle. I know with me stress and lack of sleep affect me the most. Do you have anything in particular that triggers the binge eating?

@fatfifties
    Swimming in the rain sounds nice to me but I am weird. I used to love walking in the rain. What type of weather are you experiencing now and what is the temperature of the pool?

Hi Linda.

Yes tiredness. When I am.very tired I do binge. I know I am tired and sleep will help but my brain tells me something else.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    So my weight for last Sunday will be 246.6.

28Haveitall
    Weight in day Sunday
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Losing weight is such a mind game!

Sharing my thoughts to add clarity to my decisions!

I m travelling in my rv, 'went home early October having lost another 10lb ... wore fitted clothes for the first time and people suddenly noticed my 80lb weight loss. Was a great feeling but majority of friends said .. brilliant but you don't need to lose more!

They planted a seed.

Octobers been frustrating ... exercising more than ever, eating right, but my weight loss is stalling. Demotivation has led to a 2 day mega binge :( I really thought I'd conquered my binging. So I'm up 4lb today. ( I know its probably carb water) but the number on the scales rules my life!

And I recognise that RIGHT NOW is my big decision moment
    At this exact point I know I have 2 choices

1. Carry on eating excessively ... see you back at 300lb in 18 months time! Like the previous 6 times I've lost loads of weight
    Or
    2. Get back on it. Overcome the food demons. Find the strength to lose that extra 21lb. Reach the weight I've dreamt of being. Implement my maintenance plan. Never get fat again!
    Tune in tomorrow for my decision!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    Late Friday Weigh In

Chrissyinbloom

PW: 221.7
    CW: 221.5

I've been under a serious amount of stress. Considering quitting my job. I've been miserable the past couple of months. I'm sure my cortisol is through the roof and not letting me lose any weight. :'(

Sorry your dealing with so much stress.

363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    @363days
    weigh in Tuesday
    sw 173
    PW 169.8
    cw168.8

Congrats!
    Hello All:

It has been a really rough few days. After we returned from our planned trip, I got the news that my niece had had a catastrophic and life threatening/changing accident. I immediately got on a flight to WA from AK, to spend time with my brother and nephew. I got home last night, and we are preparing for our planned trip this week. I think I'll have to make a side trip back to WA, depending on how things go.

My niece had an abscess that extended from her neck to the middle of her spine. She also has another abscess in her chest. They operated on the one in her back so far. Ugh. So very unfortunate, as she has a teenage daughter. There is so much damage that it is hard to know what her prognosis will be in the long run.

@lindamtuck2018. Will you put me on the support list. I will weigh in if I can this week (10/28). My plans for the next few weeks are up in the air. Lee

I am so sorry about your niece. I moved you to support. Just let me know when you are ready to move back.

• lindamtuck2018
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Starting to develop Runners Knee in my left.knee. I've worn a Patella Stabilizer on my right knee for 20 years. Looks like I'm moving right into middle age with my double knee braces haha. I feel fine while I run but walking upstairs is becoming painful.

Ouch! The joys of getting older. Losing weight is the best thing you can do for your knees. I believe for every pound lost removes 4 pounds of pressure on your knees.
    @lindamtuck2018

Pw 230.6
    Cw 234.4
    Thank you!

How are you doing with your goals?
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 15893
    Calories - 2519. Ate out 2 meals today.
    Exercise. None. Sea world for 4 hours.

Your calories are good for two meals out. We went out for cheap wings last night and the calories were outrageous.

• lindamtuck2018
    fatfifties wrote: »

I m travelling in my rv, 'went home early October having lost another 10lb ... wore fitted clothes for the first time and people suddenly noticed my 80lb weight loss. Was a great feeling but majority of friends said .. brilliant but you don't need to lose more!

They planted a seed.

Octobers been frustrating ... exercising more than ever, eating right, but my weight loss is stalling. Demotivation has led to a 2 day mega binge :( I really thought I'd conquered my binging. So I'm up 4lb today. ( I know its probably carb water) but the number on the scales rules my life!

1. Carry on eating excessively ... see you back at 300lb in 18 months time! Like the previous 6 times I've lost loads of weight
    Or
    2. Get back on it. Overcome the food demons. Find the strength to lose that extra 21lb. Reach the weight I've dreamt of being. Implement my maintenance plan. Never get fat again!

I hope you make decision number two. In the last 2 weeks you lost just over three pounds. Healthy weight loss is between 1 to 2 pounds a week. You are losing weight at a very healthy rate of loss. Look at your binge as a slip. One of the best things I have learned is I need to be able to forgive myself when I slip and binge. I know you can overcome your food demons.

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 11,596
    Exercise: ✔️
    Sleep: ✔️
    October badge: ✔️

I am going to pass on the pool today. I am feeling my back and I may have pushed it too much yesterday. At least I completed my October badge.
  • lindamtuck2018
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Congrats to @363days,@fatfifties and @JaysFan82 for being our top 3 weight loss loser this week :)

Congrats @fatfifties and JaysFan82! Thanks, Megan.
  • 363days
    We have a new member joining us for November ... Please welcome @tonyaledoux :)

Glad you are here! It is a great group with experienced leaders who are very helpful!
  • 363days
    Monday weigh in

Pw 195.4
    Cw 195.2

Grrrr so much work for so little reward😕
    I prefer the 3lb loss weeks 🤣🤣

Me, too, but I don't think I've EVER had a 3 lb weight loss in a week...there is always next week, right?
  • 363days
    Late Friday Weigh In

Chrissyinbloom

PW: 221.7
    CW: 221.5

I've been under a serious amount of stress. Considering quitting my job. I've been miserable the past couple of months. I'm sure my cortisol is through the roof and not letting me lose any weight. :'(

I bet you are so right. Even though I've heard of the power of cortisol, I think I'm just start
    ing to understand it. It is crazy how we are carrying stress in our bodies and I never even knew that.
  • 363days
    Hello All:

Lee, I am so sorry to hear about this, this is crushing. Having a brother who is currently experiencing an absess in his spine, I know that finding out what is going on, the cause of the abcess, prognosis, etc is a multi-layered situation. Your niece must have been in tremendous pain! Prayers for all of the family.
  • 363days

They planted a seed.

Or

If you are like me, I always find a great reason to binge - I love your logic in weighing out your choices. It is great to meet a fellow RV'er. In what part of the country do you live? I'm in Oklahoma and travel mainly to CO and NM. I noticed on my last local trip that I had the feeling I was literally going to STARVE while camping. I had some food, but it wasn't what I liked, and because I did not bring junk food, I felt so deprived. It was a lesson in mental awareness for me. I think I need a little junk food every day, in order to stop the binge. Another thing that helps me with binging is to eat foods that REALLY make me full I'd love to hear what you have found that works for you. I've also noticed that I may never quit binging, but if I can binge on things that aren't quite so bad for me, that is an improvement.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    363days wrote: »
    Congrats to @363days,@fatfifties and @JaysFan82 for being our top 3 weight loss loser this week :)

Congrats @fatfifties and JaysFan82! Thanks, Megan.

You're so welcome :)
This discussion has been closed.