• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Rita's challenge
    wid6vbc0eyho.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited October 2022
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am also participating in a 10 day life is good challenge which I think we need here. Each day for 10 days post a picture that makes you feel good without any explanation.
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Oct 20:
    wjqacojkrhlo.png

Oct 21:
    j9u9ndi3uufk.png

Oct 22:
    3hwonyufwi0k.png

Oct 23:
    u568vbo0pqw2.png

Oct 24:
    br43ned2bf5z.png

M in Oz

Oct 25:
    6lxzljoo4hvq.jpg

M in Oz

Oct 26:

u7tkwgxyc0d8.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Karen — I am looking forward to being closer to DH as he recovers from his heart attacks. The new place is much closer to me and our daughter. I hope he will gain improved health and I will be able to see him more frequently. He and I want to live together again. 🤞🏻 (for good luck)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Machka, I can really relate to the jolting discoveries as you go through your office. I am having a few of those jolts as well. I sometimes feel as if I have been unexpectedly rear ended by another vehicle.

Karen in Virginia

Ditto here.

Katla - So glad your husband will be reasonably close--and it sounds as if he's going to be well taken care of there, now that he's out of the hospital. I hope you get to see him more.

Second cup of tea brewing, time to get some writing done...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    You all are right.. I am helping them out as they don't have to pay for childcare.
    As it is only part time I can handle it at least for right now..
    Luckily he is taking naps for me so It isn't terribly hard..
    And It maked me get up during the week..
  • Machka9
    You all are right.. I am helping them out as they don't have to pay for childcare.

They're not paying you???
  • Machka9
    edited October 2022
    Machka9: My thoughts go out to you. It is a different experience now. I know there are good days and not so good days. I love your pictures! I cleaned out the office when my DH moved downstairs. I love having a new place to sit and a place to pay bills and do zoom calls!

Rosemarie from Georgia

:heart:

The pictures all represent an aspect of my life that makes me feel good. :)

If the office room were a bit bigger, I'd be tempted to make it an exercise room. However, given that is the size it is, I'll likely keep it as an office/library. There are three bookcases in the room, filled with books. They are in reasonable order although I do need to fix them up a little bit and find room for more books.

There's a large desk which is all right. I was in university part time between 2015 and 2020 and spent quite a bit of time working at that desk. I don't have to do that now, but the surface could make a good puzzle or craft spot. :)

There's a 4-drawer filing cabinet ... I haven't opened the drawers yet although they are fully accessible now. I have made a few attempts through the years to file things and last time I looked in the filing cabinet what was in there was OK. I hope it still is. Then I need to put the stuff that's everywhere into the filing cabinet in order. I may also want to scan and shred a lot of stuff. That'll all take time.

There's a small closet filled with boxes from my past. I'd also like to scan and shred a lot of that. More time.

Once the room is cleared of everything I can shred and remove, I'd like to bring in a table with sides that fold down (I like old tables like that) which could also be used for puzzles or crafts. I envision it sitting in the closet with the closet doors open.

Also, if I can work from home (hopefully at some point in the next few months), I'd like to use that room for that.

I'm pleased with what I accomplished in there again today. It wasn't a lot, but every little bit helps and generally the room looks better.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    jam0525 wrote: »
    Looks like many of us, me included, have stiffness and arthritis. Getting older is not for the weak.

Take care,

Jean from New Mexico

Feet, hips, back and I think I'm starting to feel it in my hands.

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

They're not paying you???

This is not uncommon. My mother was the caregiver for my niece's daughter for years without pay, and she was happy to do it. I didn't live near anyone who could do that for me, and paid tens of thousands of dollars over the years for child care. I don't think my mother had stopped to calculate how much she had helped my niece financially until I told her what I had paid.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR