Let me know you a little better

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Every day I battle the urge to begin sentences with “Actually…”

My wife pointed out the other night how often I begin a sentence with "so..."
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    I had to teach myself how to write cursive, crash-course style, because my family moved to a new state during Christmas break of my third-grade year. My old teacher wouldn't teach it until after Christmas; my new teacher had already taught her class, and now expected EVERYTHING to be in cursive. For that first week in a new school, I had to listen to the teacher, look above the chalkboard for the example cursive display, copy a letter to my paper, look up for the next letter, repeat repeat repeat. I ended up developing my own unique style of writing which merges some flowing cursive script with block letters, good enough for my teacher to accept while still being fast enough for me to refocus on actually learning new material. That same style has stuck with me forty years later. If I take my time I can write "proper" cursive, but most of the time it's my combo-style which predominates all my writing, whether on paper, sticky notes, dry erase boards, etc.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    I have a really bad habit of assuming if I am nice to someone they will be nice back.
    This simply is not true.
    My feelings get hurt.
    That pisses me off.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have a really bad habit of assuming if I am nice to someone they will be nice back.
    This simply is not true.
    My feelings get hurt.
    That pisses me off.

This is how I learned to treat people the way they treat me.

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,126 Member
    I don't like when people bring flowers.
    Bring an orchid and it weeps the second it sees me. Cut flowers will inevitably end up outside once I start coughing. They looks beautiful but I'm just not a flower person
  • honey_honey_12
    I don't like when people bring flowers.
    Bring an orchid and it weeps the second it sees me. Cut flowers will inevitably end up outside once I start coughing. They looks beautiful but I'm just not a flower person

They should bring wine! 😀😊
  • honey_honey_12
    Even as screwed up as things are these days there is no other country I’d rather live in. 🇺🇸
    I’ve lived in 4 counting the US.

I will add, I love living in Oklahoma as well.
    It’s awful though, no one should move here.
  • honey_honey_12
    It’s more than apparent now that my ex husband and I will always be together even if we don’t live together.
    Neither of us date, we’re both over 60, we still love each other and are best friends.
    We won’t remarry but I can see how it will be.
    I find it comforting.
    45yrs is a long time, I trust him.
  • honey_honey_12
    I hate bullies.
  • honey_honey_12
    https://youtube.com/shorts/k00g6pg3sI8?feature=share

I love going to championship drag racing.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I like making up fake illnesses.

When my friend’s child was a baby she was worried because the contents of his diaper were greenish in color. So I told her he had probably contracted verde caca itis. I thought the joke was obvious. She did not.
  • honey_honey_12
    I don’t call my sexual partner “daddy”
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    I will watch any movie that is set in New Orleans.
  • TwitchyMagee
    I employ the what does this button do method of learning.
  • TwitchyMagee
    I sneaked reads of inappropriate novels when I was a kid & Im mostly ok.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

my mom owned a couple thrift shops and was a junk dealer so there were always books everywhere and holy crap the stuff i read when i was way too young still makes me cringe a lil
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited October 2022

my mom owned a couple thrift shops and was a junk dealer so there were always books everywhere and holy crap the stuff i read when i was way too young still makes me cringe a lil
    I feel like we’ve had a similar conversation before but I also feel like this is a story I read.

ETA: I think I’m thinking of the mother in the starless sea
  • TwitchyMagee
    Yeah I’m definitely more careful with my own kids but at the same time when I’m occasionally concerned that they might get into my Anne Rice collection I comfort myself that they’re doing better than I did.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

I don’t remember what age I was when I read a romance novel laying around my house but when it got to the first naughty scene… I threw that thing away from me and into the closet. I did go back for it though but I was just too pure. 🥲