Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
edited December 2022 in Social Groups
sfy6fdeuyq10.png
Here is your Team chat room for November 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The November challenge runs from October 30th - December 3rd. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited October 2022
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    The November Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, Oct 30th. Join us this week as we begin the Curb the Candy Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876810/november-week-1-group-challenge-curb-the-candy-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    fcqrmjv9wew2.png
    Step Enthusiasts!! Now taking registration for November's Step Challenge! Reply back with your first name (for the chart), your favorite place to walk, your costume for Halloween AND your daily step goal and that will get you registered!

How will you challenge yourself in November?!! Be sure to post your steps in the November chat thread every few days in the format:

Name
    Date: Step total

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    LaurieWrobo
    Step Challenge
    Favorite place to walk - around my neighborhood
    No costume
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Time to post a short intro again for those interested.
    My name is Laura and I live with my cat in a small town in the Netherlands. I like going for nature walks with my camera, reading, singing, jigsaw puzzles, postcrossing and video games.
    I was in onederland at the start of this year, but it all went downhill from there and I lost control over my food for 9 months or so. I am 'back' now and hope to be back where I was on my birthday in March. My goal is to lose around 2.2 lbs a week. I am not too bothered about my macros, though I try to keep my protein at 60+ grams. Otherwise I just focus on calories. This makes things easier for me because I can fit in small treats as well so I never really feel like I am missing anything.
    I have a birthday today which I am not looking forward to for several reasons and my mom is coming over next week. We will eat out at a restaurant on Saturday, which is the perfect day since I weigh for the group on Saturday morning, so it's not going to affect my weigh in. These two things are likely the last plans I have for the year. I am not really into the holidays and I rather spend them alone with my cat Tinus. I don't really forsee any obstacles when it comes to keeping my weight loss going through the new year.
    I see we have 5 weeks this month, so here is my weight goal.
    Current Weight: 234.3 lb
    Goal for 3 Dec: 223.3 lb
    Good luck on your journey everyone <3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hello Shape Shifters!

My name is Patrice, and I’ve been a member of the F2F/ Shape Shifters group since June 2021. I lost a little over 40 pounds between February 2020 and September 2021 to reach my goal weight of 125 pounds. Now, I’m trying to maintain my weight at 120-130 pounds while building muscle. So, my current goals are increasing strength, balance, and flexibility.

I’m 56 years old and married with two sons (21 & 22) who live on their college campuses most of the year. We also have a Boston Terrier dog who will be 12 years old in December. We live in Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington DC and I enjoy rowing on the Potomac River, which runs through both cities. I spend a lot of time in Boston, Massachusetts, where I grew up and went to college. Most of our family members live in Boston and we help care for aging relatives (my Mom, father-in-law, uncle, great aunt) to give our siblings a break from caregiver duties. My older son lives and studies in Boston so it’s also a chance to visit him, along with friends and extended family members.

For work, I help states improve their health and education services by working with a range of stakeholders to solve the complex problems we face as individuals, families, and communities. Some examples include access to services for underrepresented groups, early intervention for infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities, expansion of school mental health and wellness services, personnel development, etc. In my free time, I play soccer in a masters league, volunteer in my community, and enjoy reading and other activities — but rowing is my main hobby during the warm weather. In winter, we lift some weights and try to improve our strength, flexibility, and endurance for the coming season. We’ll move indoors for our workouts soon, which is always a challenge for me.

I’m like a bear when winter comes. I just want to eat my salmon and hibernate for the winter until the sun shines longer in the day again. 😂 Actually, I enjoy winter sports and don’t mind the cold, but it takes a bit more effort to motivate myself during the darker months. I would love to start traveling more but I’m working to declutter and downsize my stuff first. So, winter is the perfect time to sort and get rid of the things we no longer use or need.

We’re all working towards different goals but we’re on this path together. Best wishes on your journey!
  • LaurieWrobo
    Happy Birthday @Pupowl 🎉🎉🎉💥💥💥
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    My last steps for October @jessicakrall8
    10/28 20,286
    10/29 7,969
    Happy Birthday @Pupowl 🎂🥳🥳
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    final steps for October:

Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 10/28: 10,210
    Sat 10/29: 5,605

For November, I'd like to try for 7,000 steps/day.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

w130fgivkck8.png
    m79cc2ozqdax.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    h325h6guwu3s.png

By Pounds
    wgz0frvfuzkt.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    b2och5ecay9b.png

By Pounds
    ufocrgapxtpz.png
    dl6jvdkye6wa.png

Team Winners
    gk46hyhlo98p.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kb414xncnt3z.png
    nwyd2da9w38v.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    yc0u96su2wrm.png

By Pounds
    3pss3iyhz2av.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    us7mablh4j7o.png

By Pounds
    5cztujrh9obz.png
    q8y60r6trp59.png
    62rk9xp28uo9.png

Team Winners
    gaicb6ma49tn.png
  • LaurieWrobo
    Steps:
    10/26 9,228
    10/27 4,019
    10/28 9,617
    10/29 13,037
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    @LaurieWrobo @izzyred9400
    Maybe I was too vague, but it's not my birthday. I went to my brother to celebrate his. :smile: I will pass them on to him instead, thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    @Pupowl
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Last steps of the month!
    20 Oct: 18.645

I'm assuming that should have read the "29th"?
    Jessica
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Here are the past few days for October. I still have today (10/30) and tomorrow (10/31) to post.

Steps
    10/28 9,172
    10/29 7,799
  • jessicakrall8
    leni1us wrote: »
    Here are the past few days for October. I still have today (10/30) and tomorrow (10/31) to post.

Steps
    10/28 9,172
    10/29 7,799

Nov stats started today so 30th and 31st goes on Nov if you’re signing up for Nov.
    Jessica

This discussion has been closed.