Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
edited December 2022 in Social Groups
sfy6fdeuyq10.png
Here is your Team chat room for November 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The November challenge runs from October 30th - December 3rd. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 474 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 65 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all fully launched, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily exercise and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I had been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever. I finally reached goal May 8, 2022! I am just beginning my journey in maintenance, a whole other learning curve but very exciting!
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite but I do get in a couple of weight classes a week too! I typically work out at the gym three days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
    I am now in the maintenance phase and am definitely finding it a learning curve, just as weight loss was. I did great until August, when life took over (sons wedding, life stresses etc.) and I have been between 2-5 lbs over my goal range. With the support and encouragement of this amazing group, I know I will get back in range this month and this is all just part of this new phase of my journey.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    The November Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, Oct 30th. Join us this week as we begin the Curb the Candy Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876810/november-week-1-group-challenge-curb-the-candy-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week 1
    Sunday
    P. W. 290
    C. W. 280
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    My new workout is from an app I ran across. It asks questions and formulates workout routines. Mine have been mostly body weight exercises.

My scale reads all kinds of stuff and I've started recording all of it. My weight is down. I've lost muscle, water, bone and BMI but gained fat. How on earth do I adjust to correct that?

• laurelfit57
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 143
    CW: 142.5
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

w130fgivkck8.png
    m79cc2ozqdax.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    h325h6guwu3s.png

By Pounds
    wgz0frvfuzkt.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    b2och5ecay9b.png

By Pounds
    ufocrgapxtpz.png
    dl6jvdkye6wa.png

Team Winners
    7ulorykuaibs.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kb414xncnt3z.png
    nwyd2da9w38v.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    yc0u96su2wrm.png

By Pounds
    3pss3iyhz2av.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    us7mablh4j7o.png

By Pounds
    5cztujrh9obz.png
    q8y60r6trp59.png
    62rk9xp28uo9.png

Team Winners
    gaicb6ma49tn.png
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Hi everyone!

I’m so sorry, I’ve been a terrible group member the past couple weeks. I honestly can’t believe October has passed. I started the month with covid and got so thrown off physically and mentally I never got back on track.

I’m ready for the fresh start a new month brings! I’m feeling more or less caught up on the work and housework I got behind on while I was dropping from exhaustion every afternoon.

Here’s to a better month ahead!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Sunday weigh in, November week 1
    Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 216.8
    CW: 218

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy and I'm from the Sacramento area in CA, I'm 51 and live with my two cats. I'm your group motivator, I've been a member of this group for about three-and-a-half years and love this team and Fat2Fit in general. If there's ever anything I can help with please feel free to reach out though we can't get private messages from each other here unless we're friends. I'm a little above goal but am pretty happy with where I'm at. I have multiple health issues that are on ongoing battle, the worst being chronic pain issues which makes it challenging to keep my loss off and to work out/live in general but it's definitely worth doing it to me, I used to be extremely unhealthy. I have a boyfriend I see every few weeks (lives in Nevada), garden, do a little part-time work for my brother, volunteer at the food bank farm, am on the board of a local charity, and love reading, I do chair cardio, strength training, and stretching to stay in shape.

Let's have a great month, thought I'd leave this fun warm up video here but he's going pretty fast, may be more of a short workout than a warm up!
    https://youtu.be/2imws5MggL0
  • laurelfit57
    edited October 2022
    @Katmary71 Super cute video!

Super quick check in tonight.
    Had a pretty good day here today, went a bit over with my food, not bad though.
    I was super happy with my weigh in this morning, after losing over 4 pounds last week, I have either been weighing the same or a tiny bit over all week. Super happy that I finished up the week down .5 of a pound!
    My granddaughter is in musical theatre and we went to see a little Halloween performance they did today, they are also super cute at that age!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @19shmoo69 That sounds like a cool app! I don't know anything about that kind of scale, I'm sorry.

@laurelfit57 @trooworld @leonadixon @FushiaKat “She's all what we call the leader of the pack”! Way to go!

@megnolia82 Sounds like you've been feeling bad and now that you've regrouped you're ready to tackle November!

Happy Sunday team! Went to my parent's last night for dinner and ate way too much but back at it today. Had trouble sleeping when I got home because I'd also gone to the farm, it's tough to do more than one tough thing a day but I hadn't seen my parents in awhile. I did today's workout to creepy Halloweenish music, going to continue tomorrow since there's so much! Have a great week everyone!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I'm finishing up my weekend of working in about 4.5 hours, not that I'm counting or anything. My stomach is finally better and I actually feel human again. I've kinda eaten whatever I've felt like my body needed this weekend (within reason) since I spent a week not eating much and loosing a lotof water.

I hope every one had a great weekend. Happy Halloween to those who celebrate and Happy November!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Happy Monday!

I've been slipping on my fall challenge goals- will start reviewing the goals each morning so I can be more mindful about it.

I'm Lisa- I live in FL with my husband and young adult son. My daughter is away at college. I've been a member of this group for a long time and I love the support. I've struggled with my weight since college and it's only gotten more challenging with "maturity". I like to walk and do step aerobics for exercise. I'm trying to incorporate more weight lifting.

Happy Halloween!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. I fact, my knee is really jacked up right now so I haven't been walking as much as I would like to. Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ❌
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    @leonadixon @laurelfit57 @FushiaKat @happysquidmuffin @Tamevv Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Well done!

Special shout out to @FushiaKat who has lost 100 POUNDS!!! Way to go!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I had a great weekend! :D Shopping with your sister must have been fun.

@shaunarlr83 Yay I'm glad you ended up in SD. Hi! :D I definitely enjoyed the pasta!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! We do have to have patience lol. Yes, libraries here have all sorts of cool things. I work in a trade school library, so I'm not in the public sector but I do love it! I had a great time!

@Katmary71 Yes!!! That's how we roll lol. It was awesome!

@DrewsAnna Way to plan! I find it really helps me to plan out my meals.

@19shmoo69 Wow, way to go! I don't know how to adjust that. Maybe it will level out?

@megnolia82 There are no posting requirements besides your weight, so don't worry about it! :) Just post when you can.

Hi all. I had a fantastic time with my friend. We did a lot of shopping and eating and laughing. I am probably going to be up on the scale on Friday but it was totally worth it lol. Dinner in Little Italy was fabulous. My husband's handcrafted lasagna was outstanding. Now back to the real world lol. I dressed up as a butterfly Saturday night, I will attach a couple of pics from the night. I made the charcuterie board. Enjoy your Halloween!

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ❌
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ❌

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

hlj0a88ob48z.jpg
    yqfbfx3mi7mk.jpg
    2vvspcqxsvz7.jpg
  • trooworld
    @FushiaKat Congrats on your 100 lbs down!!!!

nc68btozx6z4.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Hello my SlimPeeps! My name is Jennifer and I am a 48 year old single mom of 3 adult children. I live in beautiful Southwest Michigan, right across the Lake from Chicago. My son, Marcus, is 27 and stationed in Virginia (Navy) along with his wife Ashley. They are going to give me my first grandchild in April (a girl)! My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 25 and lives about 45 minutes south of me with her husband Nick. My youngest daughter, Hunter, is 22 and newly married to Michael. They are going to give me my second grandchild in June. She’s about 35 minutes south of me. I am an empty-nester, so I’m enjoying my quiet time with my sweet American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies and books. I have worked in Community Development at my County for almost 18 years. I’m trying to break free of my food addictions and self-sabotage.
    Creating cards is one way that I keep my hands busy and snack-free. If you’d like me to send you a random card, just send me a friend request. After I accept the friend request, then we can private message so I can get your name and mailing address. (Permission previously received for this.)
    2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!
    (No Zero Days is based off an article that was shared on here previously by @trooworld. It’s the idea that, as long as you’ve accomplished something, then you didn’t have a zero day. No need to do it all…just a little is better than nothing. Article linked below.)
    No Zero Days article: https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    @TeresaW1020 – Yes, she and her husband have been living together for about 3 months now. It’s nice just having the rabbit to share space with…Kismet is very quiet hahaha
    @laurelfit57 – You walking with your friend made me chuckle. When I was little, I used to go on walks with my grandfather who was over 6’ tall…I had to take 3 steps for every 1 of his! And you make me even more excited for all the things in my future that include grand littles :)
    @19shmoo69 – I knew you’d get that funky weight off! Do you maybe need a new scale? Or could you perhaps not be on a completely flat surface? I always put my scale on the same tile piece in my bathroom. I’m funny like that. I don’t know about all the other fancy schmancy stuff your scale does. Sorry…Anyway, enjoy your coffee!
    @megnolia82 – I think October derailed a lot of us. Hugs. You’re ready and you can do this!
    @trooworld – That party looks so fun!!! Love your costume and that charcuterie board is hilarious!
    @FushiaKat – Super congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.