WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
edited November 2022 in Motivation and Support
tmqx5mpimure.jpgpc6c344hligj.jpg

:) Turning the page on the calendar inspires me to make a fresh start on my plans and ideas. I invite you to make a fresh start with me today.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. This has been a site of support and encouragement for me for years.

:) Please sign your posts with a name or nickname and a location either specific or general.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

:) I want to continue my daily walking and recently revised healthy eating plan. Health and fitness are important to me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2022 is "continue"
Β«13456780

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,743 Member
    Thank you, Barbie!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thanks Barbie!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Thanks Barbie! This thread is invaluable, for its motivational, and positive support on a day to day basis. I consider you all great friends of mine!
    Goals for November
    -to get care packages packed and sent the first week.
    -to get my gallbladder removed!
    -to continue to eat many items fat free or low fat. Personally I can't tell the difference in sour cream, cottage cheese, or dressings. Now that dairy free cheese made out of chickpeas was disgusting! I will still buy Tillamook, just eat less of it.
    -stay on top of my pen pal writing.
    -get started on my Christmas cards.πŸ’–

Much of this is non my fitness pal related, but such is life.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Nn
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie,

Thank you for the new thread for November. I am grateful for each new month & the friendship here. It is a wonderful gift.

Katla
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Thanks Barbie!

πŸ’• Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    Happy November! Went to bed early last night-couldn't watch the Monday night "Battle for Ohio." Up watching replay, even though I know my Browns won (less stress this way!).

Will work on staying up a bit later tonight-time change this week will be a killer. My goals for November are to get sleep straightened out and eating back on track consistently.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Thank you Barbie-you all are dear friends I cherish you all !!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    About 40 Trick or Treaters. We took turns greeting them, so it was just the right amount. Fun to see the costumes. The first bunch scared DrewB so she stayed in the den.

Barbie thanks for starting us in the new month.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Make it a great month ladies, but start with each new day. You've got this!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    Happy November!

Thanks Barbie! <3

Katiebug (((HUGS))))

Kim - hope you are doing better today. In WA State, my doc told me to isolate for 5 days. I was out shopping at 7 days at 6 or 6:30 am when there were very few people in the store. I do see lots of folks who are wearing masks - some of them might be at the tail end of the symptoms and playing it safe for others. So you might be able to scoot into a store masked during non-busy hours and pick up a few things in a few days - not sure what the CA protocol is. I'm a little worried about you and your food supply. Once I got my appetite back, it was voracious! :o Rosie hid under the bed, lol. :p Love your haircut by the way and I'm jealous of your beautiful shiny hair! <3

Elliptical review: This little elliptical is the first piece of exercise equipment I've used every day: a few times a day 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I use it in sitting mode, front propped up on a couple 2 x 4's as Bob & Brad suggest. I can already tell my legs are getting stronger - climbing stairs is getting easier. Since it's in the living room I see it all of the time.

Vibration Plate Do any of you use a vibration plate to help with circulation, balance and/or bone density? I see the prices vary a lot, as do the bells and whistles. I need to research it more - here's an example of one. I've heard a lot of good things about the LifePro brand too.

https://www.amazon.com/TODO-Vibration-Vibrating-Connection-Resistance/dp/B07YWDLGZ8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2QY4O0L882S67&amp;keywords=vibration+plate+exercise+machine&amp;nav_sdd=aps&amp;qid=1667310050&amp;qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjcwIiwicXNhIjoiNS41NyIsInFzcCI6IjUuMTMifQ==&amp;refinements=p_36:17431213011&amp;rnid=17431212011&amp;s=exercise-and-fitness&amp;sprefix=vibration&amp;sr=1-2&amp;ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

I loved all the Halloween photos and yes, let's keep continuing with the photos (and ID'ing people in them.)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State