WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Rosemarie, thanks for the prayers for my back. It is definitely better, although not well. Knowing it is just my regular degenerative disk and arthritis stuff is helpful news and relieves my worst case scenario fantasies.

I don’t know why, but this happens to me every single month! I log on to catch up, see just a few posts on my bookmarked thread, wonder why everyone is so silent, start reading to see the link to the new month’s thread. One would think I’ve been here long enough that this doesn’t happen. Bless my heart!

We got a very interesting package from FedEx yesterday, express delivery. Not our name, our address. I opened it to find yet another package from someone across the state, with same name with our address as the sender, with package marked return to sender. I called FedEx, took forever to get a real person to explain. The deliverer came back to pick it up. I finally got him to understand the problem. He said he would just say they don’t live here anymore. I said they never lived here! We bought the house brand new 28 years ago. I really, really want to know what was in that inner package, but I did not open it. It was very small, soft and squishy. I’m curious to know what FedEx does with it. It was originally sent next day priority. Very, very weird, but I will never know the answer to the mystery.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Anyone who has an interest in Gary’s artwork can send me PM with their email and I will send you some photos of new and old creations to choose from.

Thanks Barbie for new thread and am loving your recent photos.

Keeping all of you facing adversity near my heart.

Very busy here but good things happening - update later.

xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Hi Gals,

Food delivery/curbside pickup – I also thought I would want to pick out my own stuff, but now I am realizing the benefits of the services. And Macha’s situation also has helped me imagine needing it. Someone mentioned being worried about my supplies. There is no need to worry! I can probably feed myself for a month (maybe longer) if I feel better enough to cook. And my friends/neighbors will help. I have a bachelor neighbor (he’s a bee keeper by trade and very different – no surprise he is a bachelor) decided to “help” and brought over 48 frozen hamburger patties and 48 buns… I was gracious, what else can you do – but very glad it was a porch drop and he could not see me roll my eyes. So they are in my garage freezer, maybe when I am better I’ll have some folks (not him – would not want to hurt his feelings) over for a BBQ.

My sore throat is minimal this morning, and the nose situation is better, but still every muscle and bone is tired and sore. I got 10 hours of sleep last night. I am taking the Paxlovid as prescribed and was warned about assorted side affects, including a metallic taste, I checked on line for ways to counteract that and someone said take it with peanut butter coating your mouth just before and after swallowing I had some peanut butter M&M’s so have chewed them before and after downing the pills and had very little metallic taste.
    I’m trying to get a few minor things done each day, and today’s was walk Levi – we usually walk 2-3 miles at dawn, but today was a ½ a mile, it took 25 minutes and I had to sit down twice, but I did it!!! And even better he did his “business” twice, he hates doing it in the yard, except behind a bush or in some hidden place, and I have not been up to crawling around cleaning up so then he just trys to hold it… poor pup!

KatieBug – aren’t those mysteries the worst. When it feels like something should be taken care of and researched and it is completely out of your control.

Kim in N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Heather - hoping for calmer seas - and great adventures!

Kim
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie — Thank you for the new thread. Our grandchildren enjoyed Trick or Treat. They live in a small town in Illinois, and every house had a porch light on, and a friendly neighbor with treats. 🎃

Rebecca— I agree that this thread is invaluable. Re: Gallbladder—You will be pleased to have it gone. 😊. (I speak from experience.)

Heather— I enjoy reading about your cruises. Water color class sounds like a happy experience. ⭐️

Allie— I cherish your friendship. 🌹

Rosemarie —Thank you for good wishes.😊

Machka — Happy November! Sending good wishes for good results from your biopsies. 🙏🏻

In the US, Thanksgiving is 24 days from today — Macy’s Parade is a tradition and televised, followed by football and men of a certain age enjoying a nap or watching
    the football game on TV. 😎

Carol in GA— Thanks for good wishes for an excellent November. 🤞🏻

Lisa — I love your goals, the three B’s — B lighter, B healthier, and stick to the budget. ⭐️

Margaret — Trick or Treat was a wonderful event in the little town in Illinois where our daughter & family live. Children were accompanied by family members & every home with a porch light on gave kids a treat.🎃

Lanette — Thanks for your elliptical review. Weather proof exercise equipment is excellent.⭐️

Heather— I like the Halloween photo of your grandchildren. 😊
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,778 Member
    Katiebug--Sending lots of hugs and prayers that you feel better soon.
    Kim--Hope you feel better soon.
    Machka and Debbie--Sending prayers for your skin checkups. Pray they go well and get it all with the least amount of problems.
    Heather--Sorry your trip got off to a rough start.
    Katla--Here is praying DH is getting better and will be moved closer to you soon.
    We had a couple dozen trick and treaters last evening and all 7 great grandchild showed up. Most we have had in a long time. It is fun seeing the kids dressed up. Even had a group of about 5 boys 14-15. They were polite and having fun without hurting anyone. Tonight after work DH and I will take decorations down from outside. It is his holiday so he does put up a good display.
    Joint Commission showed up at work yesterday. They will be here until sometime Thursday. They come every 3-4 years to acredit us for medicare and medicaid funding. I never get to excited when they are here as if you are doing your job the way you should then there is nothing to worry about. Some of the higher ups are running around like crazy. Keeps them from spending much time walking by us.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie — Thank you for the new thread. Our grandchildren enjoyed Trick or Treat. They live in a small town in Illinois, and every house had a porch light on, and a friendly neighbor with treats. 🎃

Rebecca— I agree that this thread is invaluable. Re: Gallbladder—You will be pleased to have it gone. 😊. (I speak from experience.)

Heather— I enjoy reading about your cruises. Water color class sounds like a happy experience. ⭐️

Allie— I cherish your friendship. 🌹

Rosemarie —Thank you for good wishes.😊

Machka — Happy November! Sending good wishes for good results from your biopsies. 🙏🏻

In the US, Thanksgiving is 24 days from today — Macy’s Parade is a tradition and televised, followed by football and men of a certain age enjoying a nap or watching
    the football game on TV. 😎

Carol in GA— Thanks for good wishes for an excellent November. 🤞🏻

Lisa — I love your goals, the three B’s — B lighter, B healthier, and stick to the budget. ⭐️

Margaret — Trick or Treat was a wonderful event in the little town in Illinois where our daughter & family live. Children were accompanied by family members & every home with a porch light on gave kids a treat.🎃

Lanette — Thanks for your elliptical review. Weather proof exercise equipment is excellent.⭐️

Heather— I like the Halloween photo of your grandchildren. 😊

Hugs Katla, I have heard that😄! Poor gallbladder gets a bad wrap, and is never missed, unlike other organs. Lee had his out along with his offending old liver. I guess they go together.
    Hugs to you in all you're going thru. May I say you are quite the acclimater!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Kim We have been doing curbside pickup of groceries from QFC for nearly two years. I love it. The service is free for over $35.00 so it's easy to do that every week. We plan ahead so we can buy enough for the week and have some things in the freezer for emergency. From time to time we get a bad item of produce, but I've done that even when I picked out things for myself. I feel so much safer not going into the store.

:)Katla, I'm thinking good thoughts for your husband's continued improvement and his return to the apartment with you.
    Mom2Cubs wrote: »
    Hi. I’m hoping to find a community of support here as I continue on my health gaining (and weight loss) journey. I’m 56 and live in Florida.

:) Keep coming back and tell us more about yourself. I've been coming here for awhile. I'm 76 and live with my husband and rescue dog. I've learned so much from the women on this thread. I walk every morning no matter what the weather and ride my exercise bike while watching TV or reading.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Mm
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Thanks for the LOVELY November thread, Barbie!

Caddie's 10th BIRTHDAY is tomorrow(!!!) and her mom's (that's the Marine/footballer) is on the 20th. My mil's was on the 5th, my sil, Jen's is on the 11th, our Veteran's Day. Then, of course, comes Thanksgiving. WE LOVE November around here and celebrate it all month long!!!

o3uwmyhkr27l.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    edited November 2022
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/all kids- 30min, 91ahr, 2.31ap, 114mhr, 1.03mi= 139c
    Strava didn’t record right
    Walk/jog w/ yogi- 1hr 9min, 17sec, 24elev, 4.30ap, 114ahr, 152mhr, 5.01mi= 495c
    Strava app = 614c
    Walk w/Lucy n chispa- 36.05min, 15elev, 2.33ap, 85ahr, 116mhr, 1.50mi= 180c
    Strava app = 184c

Total miles- 7.54miles
    Never look at steps but noticed as of 1:30, 19653

Total cal 824
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited November 2022