vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe
    Sunday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 193.2

Woot Woot! Guess staying out of the grocery store helped :smiley:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,073 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I also put it in the same area. It's fairly new with a new battery.

I'm curious though has your name always been Jennifer?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    edited November 2022
    @trooworld your costumes are awesome and I love the charcuterie board! I remember your Halloween pictures from last year, you guys always have a great time don’t you?! Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!

19shmoo69 🤣🤣🤣

@vegan4lyfe2012 being a grandma is the best! And huge congrats on the loss!!

I did a killer spin class this morning, was so proud of myself, I stayed right on track with my exercise was a little bit under with my eating as I was heading over to my daughter and son-in-law‘s to hand out candy while they took the kids trick-or-treating. I wanted to make sure that I could stay on track while enjoying the dinner that my daughter made. I was not planning on eating any of the candy that I was handing out, that totally went off the rails very quickly! Other than that it was a super fun evening, we never get any kids to the condo where I live so I love going to their place to hand out Halloween candy and see all the little ones. This is my granddaughter Paisley and grandson Gibson getting ready to go out trick-or-treating
    bp4p9lmbn2bg.jpeg

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited November 2022
    @laurelfit57 your grands kids are adorable. We don't get very many trick or treaters here either. So far tonight, we've had one. Some years we didn't have any.

Hey y'all, I'm Anna. I'm 57 yrs old and a mother of 4 adult children and 11 grandchildren. I started struggling with my weight since the beginning of 2009 when I had my first heart attack. A few yrs later I quit smoking and I've been all outta whack ever since. I started at 164 when I first started MFP, I joined WW about a yr ago and between MFP & WW I had lost just over 20 lbs. That's when health problems stopped me almost in my tracks. Now, as of Sunday, Oct. 30, I'm back up to 158 and I've was given the green light to get moving about a month ago. Getting back on track has been more than a struggle. This month I'm trying my best to stick to my goals. With that being said, here's my

November goals:
    1) Be more active in the group
    2) Get up by 9:00 am (I like to sleep)
    3) Less screen time.

** Post something I am thankful for everyday **

Regular goals:
    A-exercise 5x's p/wk
    B-strength 3x's p/wk
    C-100,000 6x's p/wk
    D-Eat 2 veggies p/day
    E-track/close diary daily (except Thanksgiving day)

I hope everyone has had an awesome Halloween 🎃

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @trooworld- Love your pix! You're so cute and the board made me laugh

@19shmoo69 - your intro was perfect!

My assignment at work right now is very boring. It may go on for a good while. Yesterday I found myself wandering around looking for food- because I was bored. I need to come up with a solution for this.

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Slimpossibles! I’m Teresa and I’ve been here for a long time. :grin: I live in Athens, GA with my wonderful husband and little dog, Maggie Mae. My mom and sister also live with us, so we have a houseful, but it all works really well. I have a wonderful job as the church administrator for my church. I feel like I’ve been battling my weight since I could walk. But I don’t give up and currently, I’m going to a weight support group called TOPS with my sister. I’ve done a ton of diets and mostly find that a combination of intermittent fasting and low carb works the best for me. I also to Beachbody on Demand workout programs for both the health and emotional benefits it gives me. I’m thankful for this wonderful group who support and uplift each other every day.

Good morning! Sorry again that I've been MIA. Things around here have been super busy. We had our church Trunk-or-Treat on Sunday and it was cold and rainy but a ton of kids and parents showed up and everyone had a great time. We are now in the holiday season which makes it my busy time at work. Plus, this is my first time doing all the financial stuff at work and I'm a little overwhelmed. Plus, home life might be getting really crazy if my niece and her three kids need to crash in my house for a month or two. I've eaten way too much candy the last couple of days and this morning I'm getting rid of the leftovers and getting back to fasting and working out. I can't use the holiday season as an excuse to stop my weight loss journey. I'm off to work out and then take Joe to a doctor's appointment and then go into the office. Have a wonderful day! :)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 191.2
    Current weight - 193

I’m a day late weighing in 😬 but it’s okay I’m gonna lose this excess weight quick!!!
  • shaunarlr83
    edited November 2022
    ne8l4an97mac.jpeg

Hi guys!! I’m Shauna from Oklahoma and enjoying my last year in my 30’s. I have two kids McKenzie who will turn 21 next month and Dalton who just turned 18!! I miss them like crazy, haven’t spent much time with either lately! I’m currently traveling for a living I guess you can say. My husband of 14 years hauls oversized equipment basically anywhere he wants in the US but chooses West of the Mississippi River 99.9% of the time. We are in Arizona and California so often we bought some land just off of I-40 in central Arizona. Not sure if it will be a place we make a home away from home or one day be our forever home. Right now I just take things one day at a time and don’t plan too far ahead.

I consider myself an avid hiker, although my goal for this year was to hike 100 hikes and 500 miles and I’m no where near even hitting half of that goal 😣 Life has been crazy and transitioning into life with two adult children changed me in so many ways. I am a great goal setter though and even though it has taken me a few months to really get back to hitting my many goals I am gradually progressing and making many positive changes and seeing those positive results!

I’ve been here since August and you guys have helped me more than y’all will ever know.

August I got back into the habit of logging in and checking in regularly. I had been playing around with intermittent fasting and learned what worked best for me. I got back to my goal of drinking 14 cups of water daily.
    September I recommitted to doing actual workouts again and not just walking. I set out to close all of my watch rings everyday the entire month!
    October I committed myself to doing an 8 week workout program and I’m on track and halfway done. Also hit 10,000 steps everyday of the month.
    November I want to keep the momentum going. I’m adding to all of these goals and going to commit to logging all of my food everyday! My watch has been trying to get me to up my Move goal for the past 8 weeks so yesterday I let it automatically set me higher at 660 calories. I’ll keep this goal throughout the month.
  • shaunarlr83
    rx5gaxxcuqke.jpeg
    ep991dbk21v3.jpeg
    1d52y2ubjbuj.jpeg
    q3hk23w3oifk.jpeg
    tgwzab4n6z8j.png

I hit two of my 3 Halloween Challenge goals…10,000 daily steps and 4 Beachbody workouts a week.

October Steps👟👟

1st - 10,823
    2nd - 11,089
    3rd - 10,103
    4th - 10,525
    5th - 10,639
    6th - 10,257
    7th - 15,870
    8th - 10,372
    9th - 10,529
    10th - 10,602
    11th - 10,287
    12th - 14,509
    13th - 10,016
    14th - 10,434
    15th - 12,217
    16th - 10,643
    17th - 10,002
    18th - 10,293
    19th - 32,313
    20th - 10,077
    21st - 12,769
    22nd - 10,626
    23rd - 10,274
    24th - 11,117
    25th - 10,535
    26th - 10,147
    27th - 10,564
    28th - 10,375
    29th - 12,200
    30th - 11,223
    31st - 10,236

I did NOT hit my hiking or fasting goals, but I did pretty good with my fasting hours for the most part!!

Fasted Hours (goal was 15 hours)
    1st - 18
    2nd - 15
    3rd - 19
    4th - 16
    5th - 13
    6th - 17
    7th - 20
    8th - 21
    9th - 17
    10th - 19
    11th - 15
    12th - 17
    13th - 15
    14th - 19
    15th - 21
    16th - 10
    17th - 15
    18th - 14
    19th - 14
    20th - 15
    21st - 15
    22nd - 10
    23rd - 11
    24th - 10
    25th - 6
    26th - 15
    27th - 15
    28th - 19
    29th - 10
    30th - 15
    31st - 11
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    @19shmoo69 – Um…yes…my name has always been Jennifer. Why? Am I missing a joke here? I'm so confused!
    @laurelfit57 – OMGoodness! Paisley and Gibson are too cute!
    @DrewsAnna – You have so many goals! Wowsers! What is regular goal C?
    Hey, Peeps! Keep that leftover candy out of your mouths today!!! Hahaha! I had bought a lot of candy for my office trick-r-treating last Friday, but we didn’t have very many kids come through. I bagged it all up and gave it to Hunter on Sunday so she could hand it out yesterday. She texted me a picture afterwards last night and it didn't look like she'd had a single kid stop by. Bunch of pansies nowadays…kids didn’t want to brave the cold and rain. Pft…when I was that age, neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor cold could keep me from my sugar! Anyway, trick-r-treating isn’t allowed in my housing community, so I worked on belated Halloween cards for my family:
    646p7fenbnqs.jpg
    Those took me a total of 8 hours to make. I am pretty darn happy with them! And it kept me from snacking all evening. I popped on a couple of fun Halloween movies – Wallace & Grommet Curse of the Were-Rabbit and then Pumpkinhead II – while I stamped. Ended my 31 Nights of Halloween movies with Trick ‘r Treat. Love that anthology!

Keeping my calories low for breakfast (banana) and lunch (chili beans) so I can enjoy a hard cider and dinner at that brewery that wouldn’t serve my mom the last time :smiley: I told her she better have her license with her or I’m not taking her to any more breweries! We’re taking my daughter, Sydney, with us, too. We rarely get to spend time together.

Happy World Vegan Day!

NO ZERO DAYS!
  • shaunarlr83
    Love the intro Darren! @19shmoo69 my scale measures all that too! I’ll start paying attention as well to see what it does.

I think we’re all going to have a fantastic month. I love new months!!! Congrats to our October leaders!!!

We’re currently in Kansas and will be home this weekend. I probably will stay near home through Thanksgiving at least. I still have not mentioned to my husband that I booked myself a flight to New Orleans this month 😳😬😬 let’s see how that plays out!!! 😂 I’ve decided to switch back to very strict low/carb dirty keto until the 20th when my family will have a Thanksgiving type get together! I sabotaged all my efforts last month by eating whatever I wanted about 10 days in a row. I’m up 7 lbs but not worried bc I know it will go quick!!!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hey everyone. Sorry for my tardiness in making a start, in a bit of a “meh” period here. Still going well with exercise and closed rings on watch every day for Sept and Oct. I’ve also upped my move goal per Watch insistence (@shaunarlr83. 👍👍). That’s about the end of the good news health wise tho. Eating this past fortnight has seen a loss in water, return to snacking and struggles with sleeping. I always start well, get up, exercise, plan and track breakfast and lunch, but after work it all goes to pot. Think I’m being saved on the scale by feeling so icky at diner time that I’m skipping it and returning to snack later on. I know how dumb that is, but it’s where I’m at. I’d love to say today is a new day, but at this point in the morning I always feel this way and it never lasts. Maybe today it will. I have some free time tomorrow so am hoping to do a proper plan and maybe another chart to have some actual goals which I’m hoping his what led to my decline (not resetting after my trip). Feels like this been going on for ages but in reality only two weeks so things aren’t dire, just frustrating.

Anyway, hi everyone and bring on November 😊
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 143.2
    CW: 142.2

Thank you, team, for the support! Woot 4 weeks in the green: smile: So close to goal weight, I'm sure I will get there by year end.

Hi, I'm Kathryn, Kat for short and I live in southern California. The beach is about an hour's drive away. We live in the Inland Empire area. I have 7 rescue cats and 1 husband. They keep me pretty busy. I am chronically ill with a list of ailments the major one being Rheumatoid Arthritis. I self-isolate most of the time, I just got the Covid Booster shot, flu and pneumonia shots too. That set me back a bit. I'm almost recovered from that. I'm having a mild flare at the moment, and I get overwhelmed easily.

I started out at 245 lbs. I'm 2.2 lbs. away from my goal of 140 lbs. I said I will get there by the end of this year, then it should be pretty easy to maintain for the most part. I track everything I eat every day. I just made a pot of Green Chili Chicken soup; it is so delicious, but it has too many corn tortilla chips for me to have it. But I confess I did taste it a few times.

Happy November, I think we set our clocks back this weekend.
  • shaunarlr83
    @Tamevv - I hope your day did indeed end well. I’m glad other know the struggle of the Watch thinking we have superpowers 😂 When I first got it I remember it was set to something like 870. I couldn’t hit it! I wrote a little blog about how I felt I needed to lower it and had one of my MFPals tell me I shouldn’t lower it I should work harder to hit it! 😳 I felt awful and lowered it anyway until I got in the habit of closing a lower goal and then gradually increased until I could maintain hitting that but she still made me feel bad lol I wear my heart on my sleeve! I felt so much better when I started adding Watch friends and saw no one set their goals too high!

@FushiaKat - that soup sounds amazing. When I was keto I found a recipe for taco soup that I love, it’s made the same way with either chicken or beef and so good either way. I eat it all the time. Reminds me of tortilla soup minus the tortillas! I found someone with more cats than me, I have 6 but we are country folk so they enjoy barn life and the great outdoors. You are so close to that goal!!!! I’ll be cheering for you to hit it!!!!

Well we made it just outside of the town where we will unload tomorrow morning in Nebraska. I did great with all of my goals today! Made several trips into stores along the way to go potty and then walked a mile once we got stopped to ensure I hit my step goal and close my move ring. This took some real willpower and determination because we are parked next to a feedlot (lots of cows) and that is the worst smell to me. Just after we unload we will head over into Iowa to reload. It will be going to Texas but hubby plans on going home for the weekend and then taking it on to Texas Monday. I’m looking forward to being home but it’s been cold and rainy there and I’m not looking forward to the cold temperatures. Usually I love to go walking when I’m at home but looks like I will get more use of my gym. Also I get a touch of the winter blues so yes @FushiaKat, when the time falls back this weekend I’ll be sad. Depending on how well our time at home goes (it never really goes well but I’m hopeful) and what his next load is, I might ride to Texas to deliver with my husband but I want to go right back home so I can figure out how I’m going to pull off my NOLA trip! 😂 Right now I don’t see it happening without a fight! 🤷🏻‍♀️ Stay tuned for emotional updates to follow!!! 🍿🥤👩🏼‍💻

Part of my monthly goals are to state one thing I’m grateful for and I’m most sincerely grateful for this group, all of you! 💞
    Goodnight friends happy November!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Hi team! I'm doing quick check-in, currently in bed in my pj's. I went out for ice cream with a friend last night, had my last volunteer day of the year at the farm this morning, then it started raining so I'm in bed in my pj's resting. I did fairly well with the Halloween challenge, are we going to have a Thanksgiving one? My weaker spot was meditating, have to work on that because I do enjoy it. Love reading all the intros again, have a great Wednesday!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Lol, that should've said, "10,000 steps" lol, I hate it when I do that 😂😂

Day 1, I am thankful for my fur babies. I have a black lab mix, his name is Chipper and he is my absolute best buddy. He knows it to 😂 I also sort of have 5 feral cats (2 of them kittens). Since they are feral they aren't really mine but, I feed them and give them shelter in the garage to keep them out of the elements. 2 of them will let me pet them, Mama kitty and her babies will maybe let me pet them if I shake the bowl of food long enough. Lol, they want to be loved but, it takes a lot of time to build their trust.

I'd love to be a foster fur mom, but that isn't really in the cards for me.

Today, I feel accomplished I met all of my goals. I even got to take my best buddy out for a walk. Here in a minute I'm going to get to work on my mom's blanket, it seems as though Christmas is coming really fast.

Y'all have a great evening :smile:

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @shaunarlr1983 - How do you drink all that water when you are riding in the truck?!?! Good luck with the upcoming family drama

@FushiaKat - I think you are amazing and congrats on losing 100. That is a major accomplishment.

Yesterday I put my book in my office and when I got bored and sleepy I read a page or two. It was a nice, no calorie reward!

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @shaunarlr83 What a great picture! You have done such an amazing job at building on your goals each month. You are rocking it!! :B

@vegan4lyfe2012 What cute cards! I love going to our local brewery for dinner. Great atmosphere and food and so many yummy beers to choose from. And it’s only one minute from my house so I don’t have to worry too much about how tipsy I get. :D Have fun with your mom and Sydney.

Good morning! I thought I better get in a quick post before the day begins. Joe has a PT appointment this afternoon and I have a long list of church things to do. Y’all I have eaten so much candy the last few days that my tongue hurts! Last night I made my sister take the bowl out of the kitchen and we bagged up all the good stuff and put it in the freezer. I’m going on a modified 40-day sugar fast where I am going to not touch anything sweet except for Tuesday evenings. My sister, Danna, and I like to come home from TOPS and have something sweet and watch a couple of episodes of New Girl. It’s our thing! :grin: And I think if I know that I can have something sweet once a week, it just might help me stay out of the junk for the other 6 days of the week. Fingers crossed!! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @19shmoo69 Oh I do love your sense of humor, Darren! :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 We had a blast! And the food was fun and good. :D Congrats on the loss!!! I love the cards for your family (and the one you sent to me!). I love Trick'r Treat too. Enjoy the brewery, I hope your mom remembers her ID lol. I hope you had a great World Vegan Day, here's a recipe to celebrate, it's Vegan Firecracker Chickpea Meatballs! (I hope I didn't get this from you already lol) https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/chickpea-meatballs/

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Yes, we do always have fun! I had an amazing weekend. Now, I'm exhausted lol. Aww, the grandkiddos are so cute! I bet it was fun handing out candy. People brought their leftover candy to work and I've been snagging some here and there. Ugh.

@Cornanda Thank you! :D That's good you recognized you are bored. That's the first step to a solution! Great idea to bring a book.

@TeresaW1020 Wow, you are going to have a hectic household if your niece and her family comes! Nice to "see" you!

@shaunarlr83 Aww, Shauna, I love that picture of you! You look literally on top of the world! So cute! What great progress you've made! I hope all goes well with telling your hubby about the NOLA trip.

@FushiaKat Congrats on another loss! WOO HOO!

@Katmary71 Do you want to do a Thanksgiving one? We could!

@DrewsAnna Aww, Chipper is a cute name! I love pups and kitties. Way to go with your goals!

Hi all. I'm sorry I haven't been here, I've been catching up since my friend was here. Do you all want to do a Thanksgiving challenge? I can create one if you want! :D I am okay, I need to track again, I haven't tracked since Thursday. :(

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,073 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 the joke is on me. As I've never noticed your name before. That and I assume everyone has my sense of humor. After 53 years you'd think I'd learn that's not the case. A bunch of times (especially with family and coworkers) I've said a humorous statement and I stand there as if the sky has opened. The angels are singing. The crowd is shouting my name. Animals bow down. Then I hear........
This discussion has been closed.