WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Worked then went to the gym, Salvation Army, then CVS since they have Vince’s cereal on sale. The guy was here about the roof when I got home. We’re gettting a new roof for the cost of our deductible.

Happy November, everyone. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it (for those of us in the US)

Heather – I love the expressions on those kid’s faces

Mom2Cubs – welcome! Jump in when you like

Kim – how would not inviting the guy who gave you the hamburgers to your BBQ hurt his feelings? Keep eating those M&M’s!!!

Since they are going to be putting on the new roof in a few weeks, looks like we won’t be doing much decorating for Christmas, either.

Rita – love Amie’s eyes

Went to ceramics tonight.

Now to watch a bit of TV, then bed.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Mm
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

Tomorrow is skin biopsy day. 3 suspicious spots ... the most worrisome being my nose.

Machka in Oz

Done!

The hip and underarm ones were easy - both punch biopsies but, with a local, were quick and painless.

The nose one was painful ... or rather, getting the local was really painful. She did a 4 mm punch biopsy to get as much of the nose one as she could and figures I'll be back for surgery on my nose. She is very concerned about that one.

Going to go lie down now. I feel like I walked into a door.

M in Oz

Did they say how long it will take for the results to come back?
    My doctor said he will be doing four biopsies on my nose- Not looking forward to that now.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited November 2022
    Done:
    11/1: Move: 2 sets PT, line dance class steps:7756
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: artichoke, orange, wheat-pasta/bread CI<CO=Y
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, dog training games
    Wt: 137.8?

Thank you Barbie. :love: the kindness memes.
    As Rebecca, Allie, Katla and others have said, the friendship here is very dear to me.
    Machka “just speed up a bit…” made me snort my tea.
    Welcome @michellesz!
    Tina in FL glad to see you found this month’s thread.

will post pic # 7 when I find it tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    November: Move more (make that 7515 step goal, dance at every opportunity), fuel better (more protein + veggies, less sugar), live NOW (continue mindful time with Joe, play bootcamp games with Shadow and Tumble).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Tomorrow is skin biopsy day. 3 suspicious spots ... the most worrisome being my nose.

Machka in Oz

Done!

The hip and underarm ones were easy - both punch biopsies but, with a local, were quick and painless.

The nose one was painful ... or rather, getting the local was really painful. She did a 4 mm punch biopsy to get as much of the nose one as she could and figures I'll be back for surgery on my nose. She is very concerned about that one.

Going to go lie down now. I feel like I walked into a door.

M in Oz

Did they say how long it will take for the results to come back?
    My doctor said he will be doing four biopsies on my nose- Not looking forward to that now.

I go back in a week to have all my stitches out and that's when I'll get the results and we'll chat about the next steps. At this point the doctor is making an educated guess as follows:

Underarm - possibly nothing.
    Hip - possibly a topical treatment.
    Nose - most likely surgery.

If you don't have one, get a comfortable neck pillow. I've had a long nap with one of mine and I will probably have to use it the next couple nights. I got a few of those pillows when I had my deviated septum done.

And have painkillers on hand. I've got quite a headache ... and puffy sore eyes.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited November 2022
    The night started off super rough. The poor singer had to stand on the stage in heels while her backing group couldn't operate because of the roll of the ship. She had backing tapes and gave it her best shot. Not many in the audience, but we sat right in the front and tried our best to be appreciative. :p At one stage she blew me a kiss.

In the cabin, the housekeepers had moved everything off the shelves, but during the night our dining chairs went walkabout, and they ended up down the corridor, next to our entry way.
    I didn't find the swell as bad as the night before and did get some sleep! Awake a 5 am. We did a gym session, though DH is still not feeling brilliant.
    He did come to the watercolour class and enjoyed it. We followed instructions to create a picture. I had to dash off to attend a lecture, but managed to finish.

This afternoon I have line dancing! Hooray! Might fall over, but heh! Then a lecture on Valencia.

Sent off our first bag of laundry. :p

Now to lunch!

Love Heather xxxxxxxx somewhere off the north west of Spain.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :)Katla, How great that you can take the bus to see your husband so you are not so totally dependent on your daughter.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    [
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    <3