WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    €€
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Question… what do you think of my idea that Halloween be celebrated on the last Saturday of October rather than the 31st? I think it’s better for the kids and the party goers. What do you think?

RvRita in Roswell NM

It was celebrated on the Saturday in Seoul. :(

In Australia, Halloween is almost a non-event. Not only did we have no kids come to our house, I didn't even see any in the streets. It was very quiet here.

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    820935ruaq1m.jpg
    Dinner and then got bored and started feeding it to Giner the dog. But Tracy swears she heard him say all done when she asked him if he was all done..
    He is a hoot that boy.. went up to Susan's tonight for dinner we had tomato basil soup and salad,they had wine..we haven't gotten together in forever and it was nice.. we don't invite Lil anymore and she is very unsteady on her feet and nobody wants her falling at there place..
    Will check in with ya'll in the a.m.
  • Machka9
    Machka - I'm sorry your face is so ouchy--hopefully, it will all turn out just fine. Looking at your goals for the year, trying and failing to learn Basic was what made me change my degree path from Management Information Systems to a degree path I wrote myself. I created an interdisciplinary studies degree in Writing and Personal Communications BA.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I should add C# to that list of programming languages I need to become more proficient in. I can program up to a certain level now, but there's a way to go before I'd be proficient.

I get a kick out of programming. It still amazes me that I can type text and voila ... all sorts of things happen. :)

Sometimes I think I'd like to get a Technical Writing qualification. I do Technical Writing, but I don't have an official qualification for it.

Many years ago, I wanted to be a author of fictional works ... short stories, novels, etc. but I discovered that my writing talent lies in instruction manuals.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Slightly late but ...

ccz3itve5r6y.png

1. Smell - freshly cut grass on our lawn.
    2. Technology - the amazing advancements in medical technology.
    3. Colour - blue. Beautiful blue sky peaking through the clouds.

2ka6i5afd7yg.png

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Ah, Rebecca, cuteness overload... Love seeing your little family! It really was wonderful to have a whole day of energy... I didn't know how tired I'd been until I wasn't. Might just be the placebo effect, but I don't care! It felt glorious...

I am so happy for you! Take in your energy with a gracious heart. I go to sleep at night, noticing no pain whatsoever and it is amazing. I know I am in between "episodes" but I have pain meds if it does occur. Nice to know I do not have to endure the spasms again. Plus I have my powder laxative to off set the pain meds so my processing stays in check. Such a fine dance.
    Yes my cute little family, I don't think I have ever seen Athena sad but for a moment. She has hurt hersef, had a hard cry then is over it. Even that one time when she was in the hospital for dehydration, she weathered it, and captured the hearts of all the nurses.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    ££
  • Machka9
    uub8vuhzyxc0.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes 💞

💞 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Machka9
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka You look so much better than I did after my second nose cancer removal. Both eyes were black and with the wound and stitches I looked like a pirate.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    November: Move more (make that 7515 step goal), fuel better (more protein + veggies, less sugar), live NOW (continue mindful time with Joe, play bootcamp games with Shadow and Tumble). Move more (7515 steps), fuel better (protein + vegs), live NOW (time with Joe, Tumble and Shadow).

This is only Step 1 - the initial biopsy.

I've already been told that the chances are very high that I'll be going for nose surgery soon.

I'm sorry you've gone through the nose surgery twice. :(

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited November 2022
    Rebecca: Good to know you are feeling more like yourself.

Katla: Hope the bus works out. It will give you a measure of independence for visiting DH

Machka: Good vibes for a successful outcome with the treatments. DH looked much worse after his biopsies.

Lisa: Long May the energy flow

Heather: 🥂 Here’s to Smooth sailing on the rest of the cruise 🚢

@fanncy0626 (Mary)
    🎉🥳🎂 Happy 65th Birthday! 🎂🥳🎉
    Sorry you were physically assaulted. Was that why you needed the medical care/PT?

🥰 the Hallowe’en and kiddy photos.

November Gratitude
    1. The warm smell of dinner cooking in the oven.
    2. The internet, which connects me to all my friends here
    3. The blazing gold of autumn leaves outside my window

Yesterday I managed to get 6 containers of spring bulbs planted in a brief break in the heavy rain. This morning it is a glorious clear autumn day, so I may get some more done.

I am having a me day as DH has gone out birdwatching with his 2 buddies.

I have Shakespeare Study this afternoon, so will read the next act in A Winter’s Tale after I finish this post.

Tomorrow is a full day with Latin Study first thing and Parchment Craft after lunch.

Working successfully to drop a few lbs before the festive season kicks in. Prevention is better than cure! 😝

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

PS: Just spent 30 minutes swapping out my summer/winter clothes 😇
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    3rd day of watercolour lessons. I had to copy a small picture. Quite pleased with my efforts.
    For some reason the pic isn't loading, even though we are back on 4g as sailing up the Tagus .DH also enjoyed himself. Waiting now for Foxtrot class to begin. :D

Heather in Portugal. Xxxxxx