TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 198.6
    CW: 201.0

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I hope you had a great time with your friend! Sorry, your hubby is getting sick and I sure hope you don’t catch it! Thanks for setting up the challenge. :)

@Katmary71 What a sweet gift your cousin gave you in sending that video of your grandpa. Sometimes you just have to accept the pain for a good cry. <3 Ugghhh what a bummer about the black pen leaking. I’ve had that happen before. I’m sorry you didn’t have a good appointment at the pain clinic. Good for you for not getting pushed around.

@shaunarlr83 I love doing those side bends with weights! Adding a row is a great idea.

@DrewsAnna Ohh my goodness! I’ve also sat on my glasses and taken my PM pills in the morning. I take 10 mg. of melatonin which isn’t a great idea when trying to wake up and get going. :D

Good morning! Well, another gain on the scale and I’m out of Onderland. Ugghhhh!! What is wrong with me lately? :s I’m going to do the Thanksgiving challenge and I might start taping my mouth shut so food will stay out of it. :D Yesterday, I finally cleaned up my screened porch so I can now sit out there and enjoy it when I have time. I also rearranged my living room to accommodate the Christmas tree that will be going up today! I plan to get the house decorated this weekend so I can turn my attention to other things. This morning I’m starting a Beachbody workout called MBF (Muscle burns fat) and then I’m going to go do a little shopping and run some cleaning supplies I ordered up to the church. You all have a great day! :)

Thanksgiving Challenge Goals:
    No sugar 6 days a week (Only on Tuesday)
    Workout or do at least 20 minutes of physical activity
    Post to this group!

:D
    4atthetn1vj0.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 228.4
    CW: 229.4
  • trooworld
    @19shmoo69 I like Americanos, too. I usually go to indie coffee shops but I'll go to Starbucks if I have a gift card or if that's the only shop around. It's not bad, it's pretty consistent. You can get a good or bad cup of coffee anywhere, it doesn't matter if it is Starbucks vs an indie shop.

@shaunarlr83 Great goals!

@DrewsAnna Great goals! I'm sorry about your glasses. Oh gosh, I've almost done that with my meds before.

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thanks, he's got a fever now so not feeling better. Man, I hope it misses me too but unlikely lol. I'm sorry about your rough day. Did the ink get everywhere? That's too bad that the pain clinic discounted your efforts. Great goals.

@Tamevv Congrats on the loss! And I think those are excellent goals for the challenge.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, I did! It was a little too fun (see my weight). I'm sorry about your gain. Is there anything we can help with? Have a great day!

Hi all. I did have a gain of a pound but I'm honestly surprised it wasn't worse considering all the eating out and fun I had lol. I am not sick yet but I feel unwell on the way to sick. My hubby has a fever now. I have been sleeping in the same bed as him so I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat
    - drink 50 oz of water each day

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    November
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 257.5
    C. W. 259.5

I will get myself together very soon. Too much going on right now. I know I must do better and I will. ;)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@Katmary71 - 30 in a week is doable so even if it’s the latter just hit that goal 4 times! 😂 I’m sorry you had to harden up, I cry a lot, way more than most people would find normal, it’s how I express most all strong emotions. I don’t like it though. I have noticed if I hold back tears I usually end up with a headache…..so weird! For a second there I thought you were calling @trooworlds husband “It” 😂 I apparently haven’t had enough coffee yet. I struggle with planks but hope to build up some strength to hold them longer. Sounds like you’ve discovered how pens are made 😣 did it ruin a lot!? I once dropped a permanent marker on my white tank top so I tie dyed it and added more marks to make a design 😂😂😂

@trooworld - Thanks for the challenge!! I’m sorry sickness is in your home, I hope your hubs feels better soon.

@19shmoo69 - how much coffee do you drink on a typical day?

@DrewsAnna - 😂😂🤣 I’m not laughing at you…just with you!! Hope you had a nice rest day no matter how unintentional 😂 This is is your kickstart to a great month!!! You’ve got this!!

@Tamevv - haha they go fast!!!

@TeresaW1020 - we’ve all ridden the same roller coaster! Have you done MBF before? That Day 7 workout is my absolute favorite it feels so amazing!!!! It’s the workout I was so sad to not have when I thought I was losing Beachbody. It’s going to be so hard to stop calling it that!!! Nix is trying to talk me into becoming a coach, I’m seriously contemplating it.

Yesterday I couldn’t settled on one thing I was thankful for….we didn’t make it home but we made the most of it. Hubby took a nap and I fixed the big tractor wheels that were slowly siding off the trailer, did my Back and Bicep workout and then went for a 2 mile walk listen to a podcast my hiking friend made me listen to, National Park after Dark. It’s my first podcast but was my second episode! I started to get slightly down when it came time to eat dinner, we were at a truckstop with limited food choices but my husband came up with a great idea, maple bacon wrapped little smokies, they were so good and I had fresh veggies on hand. I logged everything and had enough carbs and calories allowance to even snack on popcorn while we watched a movie! So at the end of the day I was just really thankful for good days full of all the little things I truly enjoy!

We should be home just after lunch. It’s supposed to be rainy but if it misses us I want to go for a long walk. I’m so excited to see my kids!!!! I miss them immensely!!! They are my favorite things about this life!! I’m thankful for them and that I get to be their mom every moment of everyday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Since I now have an office job, I drink one tall cup of coffee a day. Maybe another when I get home. The weekend can be different. I'll make a pot in the morning and then my kids will probably keep the coffeepot full. The rule at our house is if you think you want more than one cup make a pot because it will get drank. The rest of my family can drink it cold/room temperature. I cannot.
    Years ago we noticed our "lil" boy's hands shake from time to time especially if he's nervous. Somehow we found out if he drinks coffee his hands calm down. His sister is a protector of sorts. If she sees him shaking she will ask if he's had some coffee. If not he gets some.
    Not sure why I shared that but there ya go. Consider it a freebie.
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 167.9
    CW: 165.5

lost 2.4lb this week .it is a good start for november.planning my meals help very much to stay under calorie goal.my cousin's wedding is coming near and i want to get in shape before that .choice of dresses is very limited for plus sizes.most of the time when i choose something and try it it looks so bad on me that all my confidence goes down.sometimes sales person says sorry miss it wont fit you that time i feel so embarrassed and bad .my problem is i stay on track for 10-15days then i start eating too much .this habit make me go back where i had started.
    i also have a request to change my weigh in day to friday.monday is usually very busy so i dont get chance to weigh in.i had requested it in october too but it is still showing monday in the spreadsheet of november.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Good morning y'all! Have a great day 🙂

1xhq75tniz2y.jpg
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 244
    CW: 242 (109.75 kg :smile: )
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all!

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔
    2) Track my food everyday ✔ (except Thanksgiving day)

Today, was an alright day!! I did a 30 min "Walk, Run, Lift" workout and boy, it sure did kick my bootay 😅 I was happy to finish. I soaked my workout shirt because I sweatedd so much. I'll probably be sore tomorrow but that's ok,, lol... I earned it 😀
    I didn't really accomplish much else though. 😂😂

I have 2 of my grand beauties spending the night and we're getting ready to go play Uno, y'all have a great evening

Day 4: Today, I'm thankful for the time and memories I get to makes with my grand beauties 😍

Good night
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @Tamevv It's always such a relief when the damage wasn't what we were expecting and especially awesome when we lose when we're expecting the opposte.

@Cornanda You'll get it off soon, you got this!

@TeresaW1020 Hugs Teresa, I know going back in the 200s is painful, I had a hard time when I gained bak after losing but I know you'll get this! I think the time on the porch will be great for you, you're so busy so relaxing time is definitely called for and may be just what you need. Have fun with your new workout! I remember your house looking beautiful at Christmas, I love when everything is up!

@trooworld So glad you didn't gain a lot, the memories you made are worth 1lb I'm sure! Shoot I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well, I was hoping it would miss you but it's hard living in the same house.

@askewcr Get it girl! Have to do it back to you since that's what you usually tell us, I know you'll get back on track!

@shaunarlr83 The pen actually didn't make a mess thank goodness! I used to cry a lot more, I was good for it when I was mad too which throws people. Luckily I'm not mad often! I hope I didn't call Chris's husband an It, if I did I apologize, I come on here at night when I'm feeling my worst so I'm scared to even scroll back and look to see if I said something wrong! Sounds like a great day with your hubby, I'm glad you had fun and worked in healthy food and enjoyed yourself. Welcome home!

@19shmoo69 You're going to be appalled at what I do, I made 10 cups of coffee (my cup takes half) then when I'm done pouring I turn the pot off and when I finish my coffee I pour the coffee into my mug and stick it in the fridge for the next day. That's interesting about your son's hands, I know with migraines sometimes people have relief with caffeine. When I had a spinal leak after an epidural caffeine helped me a lot, that headache was insane and I was “used: to migraines (I waited a week after the procedure to call my doctor and they rushed me in the next morning). I'm sure it depends on the type of issue but it is pretty interesting, wonder what is causing it for him?

@ftofit Great November start! I hope you're able to get a beautiful dress for the wedding!

@DrewsAnna I love that smile, huge belly laugh at that, thank you! If a frog really smiled at me like that I would think I totally lost it (that frog can totally talk right?!). Have fun with the grandchildren!

Hi team! Didn't do too hot with my new goals today though, never meditated though I stretched well. I'm doing a weekend challenge and the number I picked is 15 minute abs Sat and Sun so time to find some new routines on YouTube. I'm sad no food bank farm tomorrow, there's a town gardening group meeting tomorrow I'm debating on going to but the fee to join is a little high and I'm saving for Christmas so I may wait. Have a great Saturday! I need to slay it in the garden tomorrow so I should be relaxed but sore tomorrow night!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    November
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    P. W. 257.5
    C. W. 258

New journey!! Let's go get it! B) I can do this!
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Maybe you won’t catch your hubby’s sickness. Just don’t kiss him! :grin: Your weight gain was nothing compared to the fun you had. It will come off this week. <3

@shaunarlr83 I have done MBF when it first became available. It’s definitely a challenge but fun. Although some of those cast members do get on my nerves just a bit. :D I think you would make a great coach! What do you think of BOD becoming BODi? I need to get with Nix and figure out exactly what it all means. I know it will cost more money and I’m not opposed to that but I want to make sure I’m getting my money’s worth. Have a great time with your kids! :)

@Katmary71 I’m excited that this year I will have my sister helping. She has to work today but has promised to come home and jump into the mess. I’m giving her the dining room with the skinny flocked tree and all the red and turquoise decorations. :grin:

Good morning! Here I am keeping my Thanksgiving challenge goal. :grin: I did have some candy that was in my purse yesterday. But I think I worked it off by doing my workout and dragging in all my Christmas decorations and getting the tree up. Today, I plan to do nothing but decorate and fling glitter all over the house. I often question my love for all things sparkly. :D

Thanksgiving Challenge Goals: 11/4
    No sugar 6 days a week (Only on Tuesday) -I had a couple of pieces of candy that were in my purse. :|
    Workout or do at least 20 minutes of physical activity-35 minute leg workout
    Post to this group! - B)

• trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 You are welcome, I hope it helps us all! Thanks, he's not feeling any better and we had him do a COVID test which came back negative so that's good. But he has a fever and I'm worried because he's been like this for three days now. Oh I'll have to check out "National Park after Dark", that sounds interesting! I just looked it up and it looks right up my alley. I'm glad your husband was able to come up with a solution to the food dilemma. Yay for solutions! Safe travels!

@19shmoo69 It sounds like coffee is very important in your household. I hope you never run out! We also love coffee (maybe not quite as much as you) but we've never actually ran out, I consider it a priority to keep coffee in the house. At home, do you get fancy brands or do you just do something like a Yuban or Maxwell House? I personally do McCafe at home. I find it is pretty decent for supermarket coffee. This list does not find it decent, however. It's an interesting list of coffee brands ranked worst to best: https://www.tastingtable.com/718678/coffee-brands-ranked-from-worst-to-best/

@Ftofit Congrats on the loss! I understand about not feeling confident when clothes shopping, I go through the same thing. You need to tag @broncobuddee to change your weigh-in day to Fridays. She is the only one that can change it. Thanks in advance, broncobuddee!

@DrewsAnna Thanks for the smile! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. I hope you had a fun time with your grand beauties (I love that you call them that, btw). Have a great day! :D

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes indeed! I can't tell if it is my allergies or if I am getting sick. I am starting to think he's got the flu (I got the flu shot, he didn't), he's had a fever for 3 days now and it's hitting him hard. Good luck in the garden!

@askewcr You've got this! ;)

@TeresaW1020 I hope I don't get it. I am not feeling great though lol. That gain was totally worth it! I, too, have a love for sparkly lol. I would love your decorations! I think you did really well with your challenge yesterday despite the candy.

Hi all! I'm not off to a great start, I didn't track yesterday. I did drink enough water though, so there's that. I'm not doing too much this weekend. We were supposed to go to a speakeasy with one of my best friends but since DH is sick and I'm not feeling great either, we aren't going. :( I was looking forward to it, it was a fancy speakeasy/bar and we were going to get dressed up. Ah, another time!

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ❌
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 223.6
    Todays Weight: 223.6
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Ftofit wrote: »

i also have a request to change my weigh in day to friday.monday is usually very busy so i dont get chance to weigh in.i had requested it in october too but it is still showing monday in the spreadsheet of november.

@Ftofit - Sorry that got missed!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 208
    Todays Weight: 212
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    The November Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Nov 6th. Please join us as we "Get Back to Basics" in all areas of our journey. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877334/november-week-2-group-challenge-back-to-basics/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    @trooworld I went through the list of the 31 coffees. There were 12 I haven't tried. We keep Folgers black silk. We have been blessed with a store that sells truckload and close out stuff. We find coffee gems. That is how we've tried a large portion that was on the list.
    I have to say Kona and Peruvian coffee should be on the list.
This discussion has been closed.