WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Heather- so enjoying your trip armchair traveling with you!!
    Im over with Miles who is napping.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,294 Member
    Heather ~ So enjoying living your trip with you trough your posts.

Mary ~ Sorry that the situation turned out the way it did. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Vicky ~ Happy Birthday.

Barbara ~ I do the same thing you do. When my husband goes out, that's when I vacuum.

Rosemarie ~ When I tried to use the elliptical at the Silver Sneakers gym near us, I could not do it form more than a minute because it exhausted me. You are doing well.

Carol in GA

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    Pg 8

Barbara: I do both at once. Weed out as I go. Only took about an hour as I have already discarded many things I don’t wear. I have a divider in my in use wardrobe. Anything I wear goes on the keep side of the divider. The rest are prime discard unless it’s something special.

November I am grateful for:
    1. The warm smell of dinner cooking in the oven.
    2. The internet, which connects me to all my friends here
    3. The blazing gold of autumn leaves outside my window
    4. The taste of fresh food straight from the garden.

This morning the weather was so calm and bright that I took a walk down to the seafront after Latin, and bought some fresh trout for dinner tonight. Fresh salad for lunch.

Just about to leave for Parchment Craft. I’m doing a card for DED’s birthday on the 18th.

Catch y’all up later.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Good morning ladies!

I hate vacuum cleaners. The old ones kicked up so much dust, my allergies would kick in and it was horrible. That's the original reason, but now I can't stand the sound.

Annie in Delaware
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Happy November!

I am going to to my best to stay on course and see a “3” as the second digit this month. I have been hanging around 142-144 the past month.

A few of my friends, who like me, have no family left or nearby are going camping for Thanksgiving. Our plan is to cook the entire meal outside over either charcoal or wood fires. It will keep us busy if nothing else.

We got our first snow at lower elevations last night, just enough to make mud later today if the sun comes out.

Good luck to all with meeting our goals this month.

Jeannie
    NM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) My solution to the vacuum problem is that I rarely do it. I am fussy about a lot of things but not that.

:)Heather, I, too, am enjoying your trip. Thank you for taking the time to share photos and adventures.

:)Katla, can you connect to your friends in Oregon via phone or zoom?

:) Today my friend comes for an hour of line dance. We do the same dances and don't get bored with them. I don't know when I'll feel safe to go back to teaching or dancing in a big group, so this has been a great blessing to me.

:) more rain today which means more snow in the mountains which should be a hedge against drought in the summer.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Nov 4–.

Heather— Congratulations on seeing the Rock of Gibraltar in person. Thank you for sharing the photo. ⭐️ I enjoy your travels.

Lanette— In the past we had cleaning ladies. Their work was shoddy and the cost too high. I took over the job. Things were cleaned, vacuumed & dusted by me.

Terri— I like your November gratitudes. Here are some of mine: I enjoy the smell of cooked meals, the friendships here on MFP, and my family and personal friends. ❤️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    edited November 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    [

[

I don't know what it is, but the noise of the wash machine and vacuum seems to bother my husband too.

He'll do his own laundry and usually goes out to the garden while it's on. When I do mine in the evening, it is down the hall, with the door mostly closed, and the TV to drown a lot of it out.

When I came home after my biopsies on Wednesday and wanted to sleep, he was so concerned because he had started his laundry and didn't want the noise to bother me. It doesn't. I find the noise of the wash machine relaxing and fell asleep within minutes. But he finds the noise irritating.

And there's something about the vacuum cleaner ... I'm not sure what it is exactly. He will rarely do it and doesn't like me to do it either ... gets quite upset when I do it, like almost to the point of crying. Pre-accident it just seemed to annoy/irritate him. Post accident, it's worse, it really upsets him.

Usually I'll pick a day, and will vacuum the back of the house and then I'll tell him to do the front of the house. Occasionally, I'll send him out to the garden, and will do the whole thing myself.

Perhaps it is Zuigerphobia. He does startle easily and shows signs of Hyperacusis.
    https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-fear-of-vacuum-cleaners-2671902

M in Oz

My dh is just the opposite when it comes to vacuuming- he truly is obsessed with it- vaccumes some part of the house three times a day or more- has four of them in the house plus extras in the garage- always looking to upgrade. I love that I only rarely have to vacuum (did more this past 5 months when he has been at his mom's the whole time but even then, when he came home for anything, he was did grab one each time- I don't like the sound of it but especially when he does it while I am trying to sleep-(vacuuming the kitty litter that has gotten kicked out of the box in my bathroom) or when I am on the phone to my mom. He rarely comes out of his room but when he does, chances are, he will grab one and use it for some little thing he sees. He doesn't do any other chore around the house other than that and litter boxes, not even taking out the trash.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie— I am able to connect with my Oregon friends via telephone and internet. I expect to be here in Illinois for a long while. At this time I am living in an apartment in Wastseka, Illinois.

My husband is not doing as well as I wish. He is in a care facility a few miles away. I can’t visit any time I wish but I can ride a bus there once a week on Tuesdays. I wish things were different & better.

Katla, currently in Illinois
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    Kirby made it to San Diego and back in one day. He parked the car and trailer on the street and will work on moving it in the garage and stock it up tomorrow. That’s a long day of driving.
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka fortunately the second nose surgery (Mohs by a gifted female surgeon) was far less painful than the first (grumpy old man dermatologist). Hope you get the less painful option!
    Terri pulled the winter clothes out yesterday too. Now to pack the summer ones away…
    Heather Hooray indeed! Brilliant! Really enjoying your cruise, thanks!
    Karen haven’t heard any details yet, but like you I assume there were either substances involved or perp was trying to flee. Had to be going like hell to shove a parked car six feet.
    Lanette s s snow??? We fired up the wood stove the first day it rained… and “20 years ago I probably would have horned in on the conversation with something like "so are we still on for a nooner today or what?" a real tea-snorter!
    Pip where’s the potty?
    Katla how exciting that next week you can both ride a bus to visit DH and see your long time friend. ((hugs)) and prayers continue.
    Beth “. . . [parents] were probably 40 in the picture but that is how I'll always remember them in my mind.” Ditto, and that’s how I see them when I dream of them too. ((hugs) and prayers for your mom and you.
    Rita Amen, sister amen!
    Michele Medicare pays for blood work associated with my annual exam, but the Dr.’s office has to code it right. Last time it was not just cholesterol and lipids, but liver function, kidney function, vit D vit B fasting blood glucose etc etc etc. The year before I had to call the Dr’s office twice to get it straightened out and billed right. Go get ‘em.
    Rori ooh! Thank you for sharing that beach! Warmed my soul if not my toes… ;)
    Vicki Happy 38th anniversary! Well done for passing inspection despite computer systems having been down so unexpectedly and long.
    Debbie brr! Its been getting down into the high 30s here, cannot imagine sleeping next to an open window, no matter how many cats piled on!
    Annie any day I can make it through without cookies is a WIN.
    Allie sleeping through the night? Yay! Walking? Uh oh!
    Mary thank you for sharing the horrific details. Brava for finding the silver (TENS) lining. Prayers for successful PT.
    Kay 2 10+K days in a row! Well done!
    Rosemarie Brava for persisting on the elliptical!
    Karen :love: the Lilybelle pic and the earlier ones of the Miracle Olivia and her brother Phoenix?

Alone time, like Rebecca when her Chief goes to the gym, or Barbie’s peaceful quiet walks in the morning dark, is something I relish. Alas, Joe is a homebody so I rarely get to enjoy the house to myself. When he does go, its my window to do those things whose noise sets his nerves on edge, like laundry and [shudder] vacuuming. I really hate to squander that precious time on chores :angry:

Gratitude:
    1: Smell: The woods outside our home.
    2: Technology: like Lisa said, the unexpected blessings of being able to connect with friends here and far away.
    3: Color: Clear jewels, Aquamarine, Sapphire, Emerald, Amethyst, Ruby.
    4: Food: La Brea sourdough baguette (max 49 g a few times a week but oooh so good!)

tazcbiliicvk.jpeg
    The woods outside our home ;)
    Done:
    11/3: Move: 2 sets pt, stroll chat with D, dog games. steps: 10264!
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: apple, artichoke, beans-cannellini, beets, broccoli stalk, carrots, celery, cucumber, garlic, orange, radish, romaine, tomato-sauce, wheat-pasta/bread CI<CO=Y
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Wt: 136.9

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    November: Move more (7515 steps), fuel better (protein + vegs), live NOW (time with Joe, Tumble and Shadow).

We r gonna get one from Amazon that’s collapsible. But we usually use the one that is on site anyway
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Had a great walk. It was a bit cool when I started but warmed up quick. Got 15,000steps/7 miles in an hour and forty five minutes.
    No one to walk with me tonight so did a little extra at the wetlands. With the time change- won't be walking over there in the evenings again until spring but will continue to walk there four days a week before getting Ezie from school.
    Not planning any walks this weekend- supposed to rain, but if someone wants to walk, I am up for it.

I would love to go on a long walk right now- dh came in from work wound up- hasn't stopped talking about stuff that was going on there this morning, complaining about ones that don't do their work, those that hide the order guns............Just want him to go back in his room. It would be great if he talked TO me about something I actually want to hear. Not talk at me.

Son was supposed to have a telephone appointment with his doctor this morning but they called here and said they needed to reschedule it(called the home number instead of his cell number)- He went in a week ago, just because he hadn't been to see a doctor in years(at least 5-6). Did lots of blood work, just checking and one came back really high- the one that checks his liver. Hope he doesn't have to wait too long to talk to the doctor. We are worried, not knowing why it is elevated. He drinks beer once every few weeks at most. Think it may be from energy drinks but that is something he drinks one a day at most. Just want to know what the results mean and what he needs to do to get the numbers down where they need to be. He is 24 and thought everything was fine. I will find out when they changed it to when he gets home from work.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA