Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I definitely think you burned off the candy between a workout and decorating!

@trooworld I know a lot of people are getting the flu already, I hope he's feeling better soon! My allergies have been worse than normal lately, I hope it's just allergies for you.
    The speakeasy would've been fun, you'll have to do that once you're both feeling better.

@19shmoo69 @trooworld I saved that coffee list, I've tried a lot of them but not all. Darren, Kona coffee especially if it's not mixed is really good, I was given some when my brother's family came back from Hawaii for cat sitting then a friend that lived in Hawaii brought me some. The mixed beans aren't as good. Haven't tried Peruvian that I know of. When I went to New Orleans I bought a bunch of the Cafe Du Monde stuff and carted on the plane not realizing I could've bought it locally. I got my Dad Deathwish for his birthday and want to try it when he opens it but he's still getting through coffee from Father's Day (one of the only gifts he consistently enjoys and asks for).

Hi team! Sleep's been rough and fairly worn out between that and the cold kicking my rear but still trying to get stuff done, just doing more arm then full body cardio these days as far as workouts. Worked out, got my prescriptions, then took Jasper to Petco to the rescue group that's there on Saturday afternoons for his trim. Man my cats are a pain, Asher's hissing at him now, only one person touched him so yes he smells different but I see I'll have to start taking them together so the one at home isn't mean to the other one when returned. I'm still using the Feliway diffuser from the issues that came up after Asher's nail trims. Some man in the parking lot said my cat was beautiful and asked if he could pet him, Jasper was crying, seems weird to want to pet a stranger's cat when it's obviously upset! No way was I getting him out in the parking lot, at least in Petco if he ran off we could shut the doors and get him. Here's Jasper's day, he hid his head like it wasn't really happening. Didn't get in the yard, the rain started today and I'm feeling it so I'll wait until after the storm. Have a wonderful Sunday!

The first pic is at Petco and the second was after we got home, he's never glared at me before but I guess I earned it today! bdkpf2p4ftq9.jpg
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hey Y'all!

Both grand beauties have gone back to their parents 😀 I am beat. I should walk through the house to get to my 10,000 steps but, I'm tired. 2 10 yr old girls can keep ya down right busy 😂😂 but, everyone ate well and had fun. They had me cracking up.

My food choices were not good, I had 2 donuts and a of M&M's but, I also have drank plenty of water. Hopefully, it won't stick with me for to long. I did track all of it though, and it sure wasn't pretty. Tomorrow, I'll be back to weighing and measuring!!!

I'm looking forward to this weeks challenge, "Back to the Basics" is exactly what I need to do.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ❌

2) Track my food everyday ✔ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 5, today I'm thankful for quiet time :)

gwq49rbvmbbc.jpg

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Bah - I’m losing track of days and ticks - drafted a couple of things but never make it to posting - sorry. Yesterday I did all three - yay me. Day before I didn’t do side bends (just forgot - oops). Today I’ve done bends and water but not tracked. Will try to do it retrospectively later on but that’s not ideal. Will try to focus on that tomorrow.

Things are generally going well, loving some quiet family time this weekend.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,070 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 280
    C. W. 281
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @19shmoo69 I'll have to try the Folgers black silk. You are blessed to have that store near you! I like Kona but have never had Peruvian. I do occasionally get Deathwish medium roast bags off Amazon. I love that stuff.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Yes, we will definitely visit it once we are feeling better. <3 I love the Deathwish coffee, I could drink that every day if I had the money lol. That's interesting about your kitties. Poor Jasper! That's quite a glare lol.

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you all had fun.

@Tamevv Sometimes it takes a few days to get your groove. At least that is the case for me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hi all. I've got a slight cough today, I'm still hoping it is just allergies. I'm not doing much today, I've got to do an errand but that's it. Other than that, I plan on reading and relaxing. Maybe taking a nap because I slept like cr@p.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ❌
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

sz0kmb370cxd.png
    yxf5db0alvjb.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cmz984wiarkk.png

By Pounds
    h2eqryt4fr04.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    0kjouktbvj6l.png

By Pounds
    ie5scy3520gv.png
    pqqiva485298.png

Team Winners
    d2f63tcrtje4.png

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 238.6 (I think)
    CW - 238.6
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all!

I have totally mostly sat around and watched football all day. It has been a great relaxing day.

I have weighed and measured everything I ate. I feel great because I have one leftover donut and I told hubby he can have it. Then I sliced up an apple and ate it. Today, I have tried my best to just get back on track.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ❌
    2) Track my food everyday ✔ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 6, today I'm thankful that hubby and I have football days together.
  • Katmary71
    @DrewsAnna Two grandchildren are definitely a great workout! It sounds like you had fun, I'm sure you'll get off any extra food you ate plus you made great memories. Great NSV giving the donut to your hubby. Love the meme!

@Tamevv I have to remember my side bends, thank you for the reminder! Let's both get them done tomorrow.

@trooworld Hope you get some good rest and still wishing for allergies for you!

@19shmoo69 @FtoFit @vegan4lyfe2012 Way to go team, leaders of the pack with those great losses!

Hi team! Anyone else's animals being a pain today, mine were out here thinking I'd forgotten about them, they don't understand this daylight savings nonsense! I just got home from my brother's house, went there for dinner and everything's good there. That cat I was ready to steal that I haven't seen in awhile was outside and it's eye is cleared up so I'm glad the people feeding it got help, I thought it was a stray and was worried it wouldn't be cared for but he's perfect today. Not much else up, got all the tomato plants pulled and in green waste and worked out then finished a Susan Mallery book so I can get it back to my Mom to share. Have a wonderful Monday gang, here we go!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @katmary71. I did mine today, how bout you ?? 😁
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Sunday weigh in

Megnolia82
    SW: 228

CW: 220

So sorry I’m late! Time got away from me yesterday.

I’m feeling crappy. Ok an upward trend for a month now and my body is protesting with all the aches and pains.

Time to turn it around!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 193.2
    CW: 193.0
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 193
    Current weight - 185.2

I hope I have time to sit down tonight and catch up!!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I hope everyone is well!! I had a busy weekend off work, mostly spent doing housework and cleaning up bedrooms for Thanksgiving visitors. I'm def trying to get more water in as I'm sure I'm holding onto some. I don't drink near enough plain ole water and it's a sticking point. I also drink more caffeine than I probably should but that's also a work in progress.

Steps
    Nov 3rd - 3762
    4 - 2786
    5 - 5303
    6 - 7539
    7 - 9322
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Huge ((((((hugs)))))) to you!! I know what an incredible step you took in leaving your husband but you did the right thing and now you just have to keep moving forward and create a life that you deserve. It will be hard but it can also be so worth it! I was raised by an alcoholic father who was great when he was sober but those bingers often were life-changing events. I was married for 18 years to a drug addict that was fine as long as I let him do exactly what he wanted. You deserve better just like I did!! I’m so glad that you have your family to support you and give you a place of refuge. Hang in there and know we are all here to support you as well. <3

Good morning! The last few days have been soooo busy! I have worked like crazy to get the house decorated so I can cross that off my list. I think it looks great and this year was the first time I put ribbon on my tree and other than its slight wedding veil appearance I do like it. I already have ideas for improvement for next year. :grin: Today hubby has to have oral surgery on two teeth and then I have TOPS this evening. I’m hoping for at least a small loss. Tonight my sister and I bought a couple of bottles of wine and some snacks and plan to stay up and watch the election returns. I love this stuff! But I will be happy to finally get less junk mail every single day. :grin:

Thanksgiving Challenge Goals:
    No sugar 6 days a week (Only on Tuesday) -I’ve done fairly well and stayed out of the sugar stash that is in the freezer.
    Work out or do at least 20 minutes of physical activity-Christmas decorating is definitely a workout. Yesterday I was up and down a ladder and my calves are dying this morning! :grin:
    Post to this group! - I’m here today! :)

1tdhmxxjt51z.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @19shmoo69 @Ftofit @Vegan4lyfe2012 Well done, congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@DrewsAnna Sounds like a relaxing day indeed! Great job with the weighing and measuring and tracking.

@Katmary71 Thanks, unfortunately, it wasn't allergies. :( I'm full-on sick! My pup was hungry at her normal time which was early according to the clock.

@vegan4lyfe2012 @shaunarlr83 Congrats on the losses!

@shaunarlr83 Oh Shauna, I'm so very sorry for the marital situation. I'm glad you stood your ground and left. It takes courage to leave. I was in a domestic violence/verbal/emotional abuse situation many years ago, he was also addicted to crack. I know it isn't easy and is very complex to decide to leave. HUGS to you, my friend! <3 Yes to freedom and a happy life! As @TeresaW1020 said, we are here to support you and are rooting for you!

@TeresaW1020 You are so good at decorating! Your tree looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. Yes, I can't wait for the political ads and junk mail to stop!!!

Hi all. It's official: I'm sick with the flu. I've been sick since Sunday. I'm running out of energy so I'll keep this pretty short. I have been eating like crap because neither my husband nor I feel like cooking. But I have been properly hydrated, so that's good. Sleeping is horrible, I'm up coughing and not getting good rest.

Thanksgiving Challenge (11/4-11/24) Goals:
    - track 90% of what I eat ❌
    - drink 50 oz of water each day ✅

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 136
    CW: 138.5

Steps:
    11/01: 15,253
    11/02: 10,140
    11/03: 10,121
    11/04: 11,710
    11/05: 13,965
    11/06: 7,984
    11/07: 10,791

Garbage in, garbage out. 🗑️ Eating too much.
  • Katmary71
    @Tamevv I DID do them today, I took yesterday off because I did a challenge and the number I picked was 15 minutes abs/day on the weekend so after 2 days I needed a break. I'm adding them to ab day though, thank you!

@megnolia82 You got this, turn it around my friend!

@bethanie0825 Do you like herbal tea or white or green tea? I'm thinking if you switched some of your caffeine for less that would balance out the water issue. You got this too!

@shaunarlr83 Wow first and foremost I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to leave your husband. I know that's not an easy step and there's a lot of emotion and details involved in it but I'd imagine being stronger taking care of yourself is helping you with strength to move on. I'm so sorry for the pain you and your family has been through. I'm glad you can stay with your mom, support is definitely important right now to move on. Huge hug and prayers coming your way, thinking about you. I agree about this team being here to support you, they kept me sane while I was detaching from an abusive situation last year.

@TeresaW1020 I'll definitely be happy to have less junk in my mail, I swear I have to take the trash out 2 days earlier because of it! Forget who uses the most jet fuel, these fliers are horrible for the environment, you can't recycle glossy paper here! I'm joking about vs. jet fuel, they're both bad just was a funny thought how we never bring up how many trees they kill. I hope Joe's surgery went well! I love your relationship with your sister, you two sound so close and I'm glad things worked out with her moving in. Everything looks beautiful, I had to delete asking you to show us! Your tree is just gorgeous!

@trooworld Oh no, I'm so sorry you have it now too! Do what you have to so you can get by right now, with you AND your husband down eating healthy isn't easy.

Hi team, hope everyone is having a great week! I was pooped out yesterday and went to my room to read after dinner and snoozed for a bit. I just found out my concert this weekend isn't happening, the singer has had an ear infection and it was postponed. Bill's still coming Thursday night so we may do something different with my brother and SIL (she didn't want to go). Our only weekend plan is Costco, sad when that's an exciting adventure for a couple right? Been keeping up with my workouts and cleaning the house, not much else going on though I'm trying to get a decent amount of my Christmas shopping out of the way. Have a great Wednesday everyone! I have an appointment and need to shop, my mini band snapped so I can't do some of my leg exercises and will have to get creative with my booty bands.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 142.2
    CW: 142.2

Lol I was practicing being at goal weight, just kidding. But I did eat more last week. That green chili chicken stew is hard to stay out of. I won First place in the Halloween contest. I got my teeth cleaned today, tomorrow I go for a hearing test and to find out if hearing aids will help me. Friday my Jeep goes to the dealer for some recall work. I bought hub a new wooden Advent calendar and I ordered the candy and small brain puzzles for the drawers. I like this one better the drawers are deeper. For Thanksgiving I want a piece of pumpkin pie with whip cream. Good night team.
This discussion has been closed.